Maserati MC20 Cielo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20 Cielo

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Jonathan19, May 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Can`t agree more! I also like the color-combo of the launch-car. I am pretty sure, they`ll sell it well.

3500 GT and redcaruser like this.
  2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    A couple months ago I asked my dealer to put me on the list for the MC20 spyder. Now I am really glad I did. Unfortunately it will be years before I see the car. For now the C8 will have to do.

Ivan

Ferraripilot, Nembo1777 and wbaeumer like this.
  3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    I hope ol`buggers like you and me will ever see it in our garages....;)

4. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I do like this one a lot.

Besides the MC20, I have been a bit disappointed in the latest Maserati offerings. I don't think I have seen an in person MC20 as of yet...can't wait!

5. Bob Z.

Bob Z. Rookie

May 12, 2020
    Marineland FL
    Full Name:
    Robert Ziolkowski
    A bit early to know when one can be ordered, right? I contact a couple of dealers and they cannot say (?) but someone has to know!

6. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I have 1st allocation at my dealer. Hoping to order this summer but they are not sure yet.

7. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    My dealer says 10k deposit with delivery in 2024, expect to pay 400k (CAD)

8. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    I don't know what the function of the headrest fairings is, but I think it would be a nicer looking car without them. The profile view would be more nicely flowing.

9. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
  10. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    The car looks beautiful in person. The launch colour Acquamarina really shows off the styling of the car perfectly but is only available on the initial Primaseries model. My dealer told me the factory say it will be offered as an optional colour after 12 months. The design of the rear deck lid with a single piece roof section is very clever and gives a clean, flowing look to the car. The interior looks lovely in this lighter coloured fabric/leather mix.

11. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Integrated roll bars, as opposed to pop up.

MK1044 likes this.
  12. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yes, and now the interior looks like that and not like a black hole as with the coupes!

13. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Strangely it looks like they have made it mandatory to order the interior carbon package if you want this interior in Ghiaccio according to the price list I have.

wbaeumer likes this.
  14. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Would you accept to share your price list ? My dealer says that ghiaccio is not available for no primaserie cars!

15. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    He is possibly getting confused with the Aquamarina exterior colour. Ghiaccio is the fourth option down in the Interior Equipment section.

JackCongo likes this.
  16. DrNik

DrNik Rookie

Nov 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    nikhil verma
    What a terrible experience with Glenview Imports in Chicago. Had the first deposit they took on the new Cielo. They were happy to take my 10k. Called me today to say they have an allocation, but there will be a 100k ADM!!!
    Are you kidding me!
    I dont have a problem with dealer mark ups if that is what the market demands, but it should be disclosed before they take your money. To hold your deposit and then revise an offer is purely unacceptable.
    Called Maserati corporate to let them know how their dealers are behaving.
    Maserati is constantly talking about what an important market the US is for them. For a company trying to break back in to the exotic world, they sure dont act like it.
    Have purchased several ferraris, lamborghini etc and have never been treated like this. From the first deposit I made with Ferrari, they honored their word every time. You wait your turn, pay MSRP and enjoy your car. Waiting on my 296GTS currently. That is how you build relationships.
    Even my deposit on a Corvette ZO6 was handled better, with a numbered deposit and confirmation of sale at MSRP.
    MC20 is a beautiful car, but a year from now when they are sitting on the resale market, Maserati will be wondering how they failed to gain traction in the USA.
    Dont trust the guys at Glenview....

17. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Many thanks ! Much appreciated.

18. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Interesting. In the same boat as I have first allocation here in Colorado. They better not pull that with me.

19. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Ignore my ignorance - but what is "MSRP" and "ADM"...???

20. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) and additional dealer markup (ADM). Under US and/or state law dealers are allowed to charge whatever price they can. When a car is in great demand and supply is low they are free to mark up the car to whatever level they think they can sell the car for. When that is not the case competition keeps the price close to the MSRP. Dealers can sell for below the MSRP if it make economic sense to them. For example, a car being traded in on a new might be worth enough to lower the sale price substantially below the MSRP. It's pure capitalism in action!

21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Wow what a story. Was that called Auto Barn before? I think if you have a contract with a deposit they are not allowed to do that in some states. I would make a few phone calls if I were you.

22. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Thanks, Elliot!

23. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    What price did they quote you? I am trying to figure out what MSRP is here is USA.

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Great looking car. I just hope this car will not turn out like the rest of the Maserati line up. A giant steaming pile of crap. Let's hope they built some longevity into the car to make is last past the 5 year mark before falling apart.

The dodge screens and switch gear are telling. I hope that v6 is not the same as the ghibly unit which has a tendency to eat itself.

That said..awsome looking machine. I hope this car can save Maserati..

Piper likes this.