Maserati MC20 | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  2. Tsachi458

Tsachi458 Karting

Dec 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tsachi man
    Look at this video. The car looked very fast and even the driver was surprised by its power. And the sound is not bad at all

boralogist likes this.
  3. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Thanks.
    Please also note this is a Novitec video.
    Watch till very end to :).

wbaeumer likes this.
  4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    I don`t like these back wheels!

5. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    I understand that a new exhaust system to come from Novitec. So it was not in this car...

6. Pskndr

Pskndr Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 19, 2017
    NY
    Full Name:
    Peter E
    Have not had much communication from east coast dealer either.

7. Pskndr

Pskndr Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 19, 2017
    NY
    Full Name:
    Peter E
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    3700 lbs? Wow that seems like a lot for a car with a CF tub.

boxerman likes this.
  9. Tsachi458

Tsachi458 Karting

Dec 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tsachi man
    It does not make sense that the vehicle weighs 200 kilograms more…. In my opinion the weight in the video is just fake

10. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    All cars are quoted with dry weight these days, thus 1700kg wet is NOT surprising!

11. Pskndr

Pskndr Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 19, 2017
    NY
    Full Name:
    Peter E
    Do any US MC20 buyers here have any confirmation if their car is in production?

12. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
  13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

That would be a theyre not serious weight in a z06 vette, so less aceptable here. Whats all that Cf for, how can it be so heavy.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    An Alfa 4c was about 2500 in US trim. Similar size, same body construction. Yes the motor and gearbox are bigger but --- another 1200 lbs worth? I was hoping more like 3200.

This says 1500 Kilos -- 200 less than their measurement.

Attached Files:

15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    And the Alfa was a good 600lbs heavier than an aluminum tubbed elise. An aluminum alpine which si a lttle bigger than a 4c weights the same
    The CF lamborghini aventador is not light either.
    It seems Ferrari was correct staying with aluminum, way easier and less expensive to produce, and apparently no real weight penalty.
    Cf is stiffer for sure so there is that, but its hard to see where this light and stiff material is imparting any benefit when it comes to weight.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Euro 4c cars were 200 lbs lighter than their US counterparts. Lighter bumpers, less crash protection, and a bare bones interior with no leather. Also you could order it without AC or a radio so they included that also.

200 lbs is a lot in that car. If I took someone for a ride I could really feel the difference.

17. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Sounds fabulous IMO

just dropped today

Alcav5 and boralogist like this.
  18. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Finally, after all the bs, she speaks for herself:):):)

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    agreed
    But I’m comparing to a us spec Elise with ac stereo and fluids including 3/4 gas which came out at 1875. So apples for apples the cr tub didn’t do the 4c favors although it is a somewhat bigger and feels more of a piece than an Elise .

a 4c is also tremendous fun although strangely heavy at the wheel.

back to the mc20. We’ve got a ff tub and a “smaller” v6 so where does all the weight come from, the subframes? Or lazy engineering?

one thing is near certain, same suspension and steering engineer as the guliamay well mean ride and handling are both absorbent and excellent with pick of the pack sublime steering.

still this weight would be a disappointment in a 80k Vette.

so far I’m seeing great evocative from car with super car looks in the mc20. Something for aging boomer to drive around in. Of the current me pack it looks to be the nicest aesthetically at lest to me based on photos.

inthat price range and space the hurrican or gr3 still seems the pick. Although based on spec the mc 20 has future development potential. If it depreciates like other masers s could make a great used buy. To me currently it’s more exotic than any 8 and occupies the same customer space.

20. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    The MC20 is actually much closer in size to a C8 Corvette than it is a 4C. It's not a small car.

Yes, the Elise weighs less than a 4C, however, because it was produced before the 4C, it didn't have to meet the same US safety standards that the 4C did. For better or worse, a "lightweight" car is going to continue to be heavier and heavier as safety standards require more and more equipment and chassis reinforcements in cars.

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Any comparison of the MC20 with the Alfa 4C is nonsense! Not in terms of power, weight and size.

boralogist likes this.
  22. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yes, its fast - but the speed alone does not show the full potential of the car!

23. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Walter... that's an understatement.
    It is more than nonsense, it is delusionary.

wbaeumer likes this.
  24. AZ77

AZ77 Rookie

Feb 6, 2021
    Mexico
    Full Name:
    Andres Z
    The amount of super-/hypercars circulating in Zürich is just ridiculous... that intersection is quite interesting on nice weather weekends, full of photographers.

Regarding the MC20 color topic, I physically saw some other "matte" colours being built at the factory in Modena, specifically grey and black ones, but was told these weren't standard production colours. So I'm assuming some sort of bespoke thing. Sadly I'm not in the market for a new MC20, but I'm sure that topic can be brought up when ordering one. I believe Maserati has something similar to the Tailor Made program, although I understand it's mostly for interiors.

Regarding interior space, I could get in and out fairly easy, and it was very comfortable for driving. Can picture cruising in it quite fine. Not that the interior is super spacious, as it usually happens with these mid-engined cars. I'm 6'1 tall, and not in the best shape, but I saw larger people get in and out alive lol... overall it was quite an experience, the car handles really well going around the track, you can take the corners at higher speeds and the steering wheel feel was always on point. The V6 turbo kicks nicely and has tremendous push, plus the sound. I'd definitely consider one in a few years ;)

Cheers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login