Maserati MC20 | Page 58 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Call me Al

Call me Al Karting

Jun 6, 2021
    Eastern Washington state
    Full Name:
    Tom Burgess
    My MC20 I weighed at my local recycling station, and also with my own corner high end balancer machine:
    3800 lbs at scales
    3875 my corner balancer
    Weight distribution:
    41.1 front
    58.8 rear
    The only options I have that could have added any weight are the upgraded 12 speaker 400 white stereo and the front hydraulic lifter.
    The only option I have that might takeoff some weight was the carbon fiber roof.
    I believe Maserati understated the weight of the car over 300 pounds Ferrari has been known to do this too. It was sad but the car certainly doesn’t feel heavy and it screams. I am extremely happy with it.
    I have taken out on three car rallies and to the race track about a dozen times it has 6600 miles on it now and has been flawless.
    I have upgraded the brakes with Girodisc and with Raybestos ST43r racing pads and also racing brake fluid.
    I have made some strides in weight savings and unsprung weight:
    Antigravity lithium battery saved 32 pounds (such an awesome product. I have it in all of my cars. 10 year battery!)
    Girodisc MC20 front rotors ended up weighing in at 24 lbs. versus the OEM discs at 30.5 lbs.
    6.5lbs unsprung weight savings each rotor

Girodisc MC20 rear rotors ended up weighing in at 17.8 lbs. versus the OEM discs at 19 lbs.
    1.2lbs unsprung weight savings each rotor
    Total of 15.4lbs unsprung weight savings.

Custom made 19 inch BC Forged racing wheels gold colored
    BC Forged Wheels
    Ft 22lbs (-10lbs each)
    Rear21.2lbs (-13.6lbs each)
    (total of 47.2 pounds of unsprung weight savings)
    OEM Birdcage wheels
    Ft32lbs
    Rear 34.8lbs

Not really much else I can do to take the weight off.
    And I really love the car. To me it’s shocking how good it is for a first year model.

I am considering putting on the Novitec valved exhaust and that could take off a good 20-30 pounds.
    They also might have a piggyback tune coming that would be amazing to get up to 711hp… that pretty much makes the extra weight go away!

“The twin-turbo V6 with NOVITEC tuning puts out an impressive 523 kW / 711 hp at 7,400 rpm and produces its peak torque of 818 Nm between 3,000 and 5,500 rpm.”

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Looks like close to
    Your original spec, looks like close to my spec coming end of March..
    All the options but the carbon spoiler on back for me.
    Glad you said it has been "flawless".. I'm so excited!

71Satisfaction and Call me Al like this.
  3. Call me Al

Call me Al Karting

Jun 6, 2021
    Eastern Washington state
    Full Name:
    Tom Burgess
    Yes you will be amazed it is so easy to drive and comfortable. I ended up daily driving it for quite a while.
    I did not get to $35,000 external carbon fiber package and I’m really glad I did not.
    If you did, I would wrap it in some clear really good clear matte wrap because it’s so low to the ground. There’s road debris that gets on it. Also it’s an airway between the front and rear aerodynamics. Very easy to get scratched up. And be careful when you open the doors because they go out quite a ways and you can ding the corner quite easy like I did it once. For me it was easy, some epoxy sanding, black paint and it was fixed by myself. You couldn’t even tell. But if it was carbon fiber, I don’t know what you would do. I don’t know how you could fix it and make it an invisible repair.

4. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Yeah I got that too. and the roof.. :)... i have total PPF and ceramic on whole car everything that might help a big.. I'm hoping.

5. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    I appreciate the comments and advice immensely. Anything else to convey over to me would be awesome.
    Is there a 500 mile break in period?
    I'll be daily driving and taking long road trips w it.. I know not the normal :) i'm a bit odd w my cars .
    thanks

ryalex likes this.
  6. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I had some seat time in a MC20 with iron brakes this week. Really great car, the turn in feel and response is MUCH better than I expected; the turbo noises are fantastic, shifting is programmed to have a hit vs. being unnoticeable, so overall it is really fun. The MC does feel more special than a Huracan once you get inside.

hagen111 likes this.
  7. 360n

360n Rookie

May 17, 2016
    Robb,

I'm ready to purchase a new 2023 MC20 at sticker price (~$250k). Care to speculate what the depreciation will be in the next 12 months?

Robb likes this.
  8. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’m not really sure what any prices are doing on cars currently let alone 12 months.

it would seem that cars are dropping some. I’m not sure I am seeing it across the board. Others have said the mc20 market is collapsing…

so I guess I’ll just wait and see.

Robb

9. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I began my exotic car experiences in the SF Bay area in 1985. I joined the Maserati club MIE and was in Italy in 1986 for whatever anniversary that was thought to be at the time. They changed the formation date afterwards. :rolleyes: From the very beginning I was going to local and weekend events which also included the fledgling Lamborghini club. Their president also owned a QPIII and it was to both clubs advantage combine events. People could always bring other cars to the events. I don't know if that was true for the local Ferrari club though? I belonged to both clubs and we had mixed makes of cars at all events for the entire time I lived their. Those two clubs founded the Concourso Italiano event in Monterey.

Fast Forward and we relocated to NJ where I began going to an Italian car event every 4th of July weekend which lasted 3 days, was open to all Italian marques and included 2 days at Pocono race track. There were lots of heavy hitters with a heavy Ferrari presence and eventually Lamborghini's presence was as well. Although the event originated via the combined clubs efforts it eventually became Le Belle Macchine d'Italia.

During that time I bout a late 90's Maserati race car based upon the then new Ghibil II. The first bastardization of that hallowed name but the car was a much improved Biturbo. I bought it as a track car and joined the local Ferrari Club and started going to tack events up and down the east coast. They couldn't have been more welcoming. Track events became harder and harder things to make work economically. So naturally they became open to a great variety of marques. Nationally, the Ferrari club welcomed all Maserati's at any Ferrari club event.

I don't know if that's still the club's official stance as I no longer belong to any clubs but I'd check and see if they'd allow you to attend anyway. They weren't ever snobby while I was closely involved and last year I attended, not participated, one of their track events at Pocono.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  10. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
  11. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
  12. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    wbaeumer likes this.
  13. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    There was some thinking in Modena to drop off the the coupe as almost all orders that came in are Cielos...

14. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    But the coupe has the beautiful engine exposed!
    Damn that would be a shame

15. caymangone

caymangone Karting

Jan 13, 2017
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They are still only able to produce around 1,500 MC20's total per year and the Cielo will be coming out of that. Only a little over 500 total are earmarked per year for the U.S. market. I think there will still be a market for the coupe, given the Cielo will weigh even more and some folks just like coupes more. Less hassle and concerns for the top mechanism, engine exposure, etc. Of course I'm a little biased as I own a coupe.

16. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    I could have switched into a Cielo but always prefer a coupe.

Boomhauer and Ferraripilot like this.
  17. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    jimangle, red27, willcrook and 7 others like this.
  18. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
  19. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Let me know when you’re ready to sell, THIS is the car you want to have!

Ciao & best!

20. parecejiit

parecejiit Rookie

Mar 8, 2023
    Full Name:
    RakadeKaka
    I am thinking to put capristo exhausy anyone have sound clip for that?

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
  22. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The wheels are definitely better than the original ones for the MC20! Congrats!

parecejiit likes this.
  23. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Maserati SD has the best spec MC20 available:
    Matte white
    Carbon exterior
    Carbon roof
    Flagship blue interior
    Upgraded stereo
    Carbon brakes - black calipers
    Forged wheels - matte black