Maserati MC20 | Page 70 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Call me Al

Call me Al Karting

Jun 6, 2021
    Eastern Washington state
    Full Name:
    Tom Burgess
    Sorry the car is drop dead gorgeous rolling off the factory floor. It doesn’t need anything at all.
    It’s a GT supercar not a jet fighter supercar… In my opinion, it’s a shame to try to attempt to improve near perfection (looks only)

Attached Files:

2. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    beautiful, looks completely perfect

the best looking car on sale atm imo

Ferraripilot likes this.
  3. I think the Emira is a close second, if not a 1A.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, this "test" is somewhat useless!

When he comes to mention some of his critical things he never really comes to the point and stayes vague! "It lacks something..." -OK, but if this chap feels that it lacks something then he has to say WHAT it lacks! Otherwise he is NOT a car "journalist". To complain only about the rubber that has not so good fitted is -IMHO- a little poor..!
    Also funny to see that this chap was not behind the wheels when the car was shot on the roads.

Maserati seems to be the only Italian sportscar that is obiousley very closely investigated into its build quality. Ferrari is above that and nobody ever complain about the lousy media system in the 296 (for example). This hyper-critical observations clearly comes -IMHO- from the "experiances" or stories from the (true) notorious Biturbo- and 3200GT aera.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  5. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    But it does have more bling ... Remember when Lexus cars were having their LS400 and LEXUS badges gold plated?

These are probably far less expensive ... ;) :p

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Only $35.99!

6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Correct! I would never put anything from pur gold on a car!

7. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well you do see all kinds of this sort of thing on vintage exotic luxury cars and even some newer ones. Does Maybach offer it as an option?

8. Hackercraft

Hackercraft Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2005
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    JP
  9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    alum04org and white out like this.
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m lusting after this car- wanting to do it as a daily driver once prices come down a bit more. It’s already tanked but will come down further. But for the price it looks so good. Not sure of the drive but anyone driving these as a daily? Can you comment on the reliability of modern day Maseratis? My last was a 2006 quattroporte and have to say it was the biggest piece of crap I owned. Drove like a pile of poo. But mc20 I love the looks.

TheMayor likes this.
  11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I think you got one before they put the ZF 6spd auto in it right?

Harry loved his

I have an acquaintance who driving one in the Santa Barbara area 3 weeks ago for a club event and it looked and sounded wonderful. He loves his too.
    Maserati Technology for interior stuff was always lagging.
    I on the other hand wanted to rent an Audi A5 but they gave me a BMW 750. Lots of technology like heads up display, no fun to drive, crappy HVAC system and overly complex. That lasted 1 day and we exchanged that for a Mercedes GLC 3.0 with sports seats. Great seats and the car worked pretty weel.

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes. I heard the ones in later years were better. Mine was dog poo.

13. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The latest QP V were great cars. The one in this clip is a late one with 4.7-capacity.