Maserati Mexico 4.7 40 DCNL Factory Jetting | FerrariChat

Maserati Mexico 4.7 40 DCNL Factory Jetting

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by fanigbo, Jun 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fanigbo

fanigbo Rookie

May 2, 2011
    Hello,

What is the factory jetting for a Mexico 4.7 with the 40 DCNL Webers? It looks like the idle jets on mine have been modified by a PO and I’m not sure I can trust any of the other jets. I found a website that lists factory settings for many cars, including the 4.7 Ghibli with 40 DCNLs but not the Mexico. Are they the same carb setup?

Here’s what I have for the Ghibli (I need it for the Mexico 4.7)

5.0 main jet
    65 F5 idle jet
    F11 emulsion tube
    200 air correction jet
    50 pump jet
    55 back bleed
    150 needle valve

-Frank
    February 1968 Mexico 4.7

2. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

3. fanigbo

fanigbo Rookie

May 2, 2011
    Thanks, Julian.

They don't have one for the Mexico specifically but it appears the early Ghiblis are jetted the same so I'll get that document.

PS. I have resolved the issue that prompted my original post, turned out to be partially clogged jets. Gave them a clean in an ultrasonic bath and the hesitation went away.

4. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

5. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

Hi Frank,
    I too have had issues with the set up on my Ghibli. I have been syncing my carbs and then adjusting the idle mixture to achieve the best highest idle but when I inspected the plugs I had some very black ones. I had overhauled the carbs with new gaskets and valves so it was frustrating getting such inconsistent results. I’ve eventually replaced one of the brand new needle valves with a replacement and that’s fixed the front carburettor issue and then I’ve cleaned up the accelerator pump jets and now they squirt rather than dribble fuel on two of the carbs! I think I’ve now sorted my set up and I now have eight clean burning plugs. The car pulls really well now so it’s worth sorting

Julian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 4217989

Here's the plugs before I worked out all my issues!

Attached Files:

• 24.jpg
      24.jpg
      File size:
      141.8 KB
      Views:
    thecarnut and Ferraripilot like this.