Maserati MIstral engine information | FerrariChat

Maserati MIstral engine information

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by emsiegel13, Nov 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    What color should the crank pulley be for the Mistral engine, black or silver? Also, what finish was used by the factory for the fasteners, nuts bolts, washers, etc. Were the headers painted from the factory and if so what color was used and would it be suitable to use a ceramic coating of the same color in place of any paint and still be considered concours correct?

2. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hello. This photo suggests the pulley was silver.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

FWIW in my Ghibli restoration I am replacing paint with paint. ie. no powder coating on the suspension, air filter box etc. However I am making an exception on the headers and going for black ceramic to help with engine bay heat control. I suspect a few heat cycles will make them virtually indistinguishable. I do seem to recall that someone (Ivan???) may have posted something about this a few years ago.

Best regards.
    Mark.

3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What worked really well for me on my Bora restoration for the suspension was Dupont Imron black semi gloss. It's difficult to work with but I managed to do so in my basement garage and it holds up so well and allows for easy cleaning. I actually use my cars so that's important to me. I think spray often provides a superior finish and protection over powder.