Maserati Mistral Frua First Prototype | FerrariChat

Maserati Mistral Frua First Prototype

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 1Hurthutoy15, May 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1Hurthutoy15

1Hurthutoy15 Karting

Sep 16, 2009
    Would anyone have any photos of the very first Mistral coupe prototype designed by Frua? I found two photos of the cars on page 706 in the book written by Luigi Orsini and Franco Zagari "A complete history from 1926 to the present". I would appreciate any help.

Best,
    Jacques

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    How does one identify the "first prototype"? Unique features?

3. 1Hurthutoy15

1Hurthutoy15 Karting

Sep 16, 2009
    The first prototype had a very unique chassis with much larger tubing than the one used on the production cars.The side vents are missing like on the spider. There is no door window frame so when the doors are open the all you see are the 1/4 vent windows. the headlight bezels are very unique as well.

The bucket seats are constructed out of round tubing and wrapped in an aluminum skin. flat aluminum floors. Has different taillights,side markers,grill and the list goes on...
    There are two photos of the car in the book written by Luigi Orsini "complete history from 1926 to the present". where it is mentioned as the first prototype. Apparently 2 or 3 very unique prototypes were made by Frua.

Thank you,
    Jacques

4. Registro Pietro Frua

Oct 2, 2004
    Vaihingen, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan Dierkes
    #4 Registro Pietro Frua, May 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Jacques,
    please find attached two photos from Pietro Frua's own series of photographs of his prototype. Feel free to contact me privately for more information on the car.

Stefan
    Registro Pietro Frua
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login