Maserati Mistral | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Maserati Mistral

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Azul, May 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Just saw this thread....I owned Mistral #1688. Sold it in 1987-1988? Wonder where it is now. I ditched the injection system and put side draft Webbers on it. Also owned a metallic root beer colored Merak back then....Miss both...

2. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Elliot..

Thank you... Please put me on the list for a copy... I am most interested...
    I know Ivan Ruiz has many of the Maserati manuals on his website.. I would
    be willing to work with him to get a copy of your manual on his site, provided
    he agrees... This would make it available to all!

Ivan?

Mike

3. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    very minor correction!!!

Elliot..

Thank you... Please put me on the list for a copy... I am most interested...
    I know Ivan Ruiz has many of the Maserati manuals on his website.. I would
    be willing to work with him to get a copy of your manual posted on his site, provided
    he agrees... This would make it available to all!

Ivan?

Mike

4. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    I want the information to become available to the greater Maserati community. Since it is Italian, I hope that some other members of the greater Maserati community will take the time and the trouble to translate it into additional languages. I certainly would like to see it in English and I'm sure that French and German would also be appreciated. Once I get it out to everyone, I hope that my wish will be granted. Let's get it posted as quickly as possible on other websites so that it is readily accessible to the greatest number of people.

I will be reproducing it next week. I'll make ten copies for mailing. I need some addresses to send it out so if people would let me know this weekend, I will make the copies next week and send them out.

Elliot

Elliot

5. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hi Elliot...

I just sent you a PM with my mailing address..

Let me know if you need anything else, and let me know
    the cost per copy and the shipping charge, plus where I
    can send the check...

Thanks for making this available!

Mike

6. rentsch1961

rentsch1961 Karting

Oct 22, 2012
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain RENTSCH
    Hi Mexico074,
    I have sent you a PM regarding your third manual.

I can do the translation of Elliot's electrical manual from italian to french and to bad english, if nobody in the USA speaks italian. Elliot has promised to send me a copy.
    Alain.

7. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Elliot,

Instead of making physical copies it would be much more efficient if you had them scanned once and then it gets posted where anyone can download and print them if they want. Most office supply places should be able to scan the documents and give you a CD with PDF files. You can then e-mail me the PDF files, or mail me the CD, and I will be glad to add them to the collection of documents already available for free on my website. Alternatively, send me a physical copy and I will scan it, although this involves more work on my part.

Mike: the same suggestion applies for your three Mistral manuals, get them scanned. The more information that is available online the more we have to gain.

I probably have the largest collection of Maserati documents available online:
    The Car Nut - Maserati Manuals and Brochures

Ivan

8. emsiegel13

Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Ivan,

Give me an address and you can get a copy of the manual and post it on your website at your leisure. I hope to have everything out by Wednesday this coming week.

Elliot

9. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    PM sent

Ivan

10. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    Could we see some pictures from the 2013 season of the most beautiful GT ever made (in my opinion); the Mistral?

I need some inspiration as my project just nearly started. I really got a "vitamin injection" by seeing Gene's collection and Doug's collection in Riverside, but that is now a month ago..!

This is my current status;
    Forum Lazzaroni ? View topic - 1966 Maserati Mistral 4000

Sorry, still all in Norwegian. I am thinking of translating it all to English.

11. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
    #186 Azul, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Ursa,

Some more detail pics of my car ©Fernando Villar

I hope it motivates you!

Cheers,

Alejandro
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Azul

Azul Karting

Nov 6, 2011
    Madrid
  13. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
  14. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    Very, very nice...!

15. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    love the "suicide" vent!

16. emsiegel13

Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    For those of you who requested a copy of the wiring manual from me, please check to see if you have the following schematic included with your copy, 109/A-BA-62330. It looks like I short changed someone.

If you don't have it, contact me and I will send it to you and indicate where is should be placed in the manual.

Elliot

17. rentsch1961

rentsch1961 Karting

Oct 22, 2012
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain RENTSCH
    Hi,
    I think we all have received Elliot's copies. Thank you Elliot for doing this.
    I can translate this manual from italian to french, and to english if necessary.
    Ivan, what would do you want for your site?

Mike, it would be nice to see a scanned version of your manuals on Ivan's site too.
    The third one speaking of the early Mistrals is of particular interest for the owners of the 3.5 and 3.7 cars.

Alain.

18. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Ideally I like to receive a PDF file. Although just about any electronic version (.doc, .tif, etc) can be made into a PDF.

Elliot's Mistral manual is great! The challenge will be scanning this manual since the pages are larger than my scanner.

Ivan

19. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    If someone can send me the manual I'll have a stab at translating it into English. How much material is it?

Best,

Jack.

20. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I just posted on my website what appears to be a dealer technical bulletin mostly for the Mistral, although it also has some QP1 contents. Thank you to Mike Demyanovich for providing the manual.

You can find it here: http://thecarnut.com/Manuals/Mistral30498.pdf

Ivan

21. noordmanpj

noordmanpj Rookie

Jun 15, 2008
    Hi dear friends,

After finishing the technical and bodywork on my Mistral, the upholstery has to be restored.
    Unlike the car of Alejandro the leather in mine could not be saved.
    The colour is the same : Rosso (Pelle Rosso).
    Is there anyone who could advice me how to obtain the proper quality (and colour) of the leather and further carpetting?

The same goes for my 3500GTI. That car also soon will be finished and must be newly upholstered. The original colour there is Bleu (Pelle Bleu).

Who could help with with some tips and/or ideas?

Best regards,

Pieter Noordman
    Apeldoorn/Holland

22. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    Hi Pieter,
    I am in the process of restoring my Mistral, and as we speak my complete interior including carpets and head liner is being reupholstered. I am using a company owned by a fellow Norwegian, and they are doing a great job. Follow this link to watch my project, including some updates from the upholstery company.

Forum Lazzaroni ? View topic - 1966 Maserati Mistral 4000

As of the moment only black leather has been replaced, but they have now sourced correct Senape color for the rest of the interior, and they will start this work in January.

Let me know if you would like contact information to the company.

Alexander
    Oslo/Norway