Maserati Q-porte | FerrariChat

Maserati Q-porte

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Andiamo, Sep 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andiamo

Andiamo Rookie

Sep 20, 2004
    Palm Harbor, Florida
    Full Name:
    Al Fontaine
    As all of you are aware, the new Q-porte will be using the same engine base as the new 430. However, is there a problem with the new Q-porte? I ordered one last June '04 and was told about a 3 month wait time so I could get it around Oct-Nov. Now I am told that changed and it will be next March of 2005. I checked another dealership and they said the same thing. Why a 4-5 month change. Maserati was making them and the dealership got a few(very few) but now there is nothing coming in. Hopefully, somebody out there knows what is going on since I can't get answers at the dealership or Maserati of North America.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Dunno, they are everywhere in Paris . So they must have some pb with the US spec car ??

3. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    mine is on its way to the dealership. several arrived already at other dealers as well. dont think it has anything to do with problems or F430. the software on the transmission supposed has been improved according to Autocar 9/21/04.

andiamo, have they placed the order with the factory with everything spec'd out? have they given you confirmation on that?

4. Andiamo

Andiamo Rookie

Sep 20, 2004
    Palm Harbor, Florida
    Full Name:
    Al Fontaine
    Yes. According to my dealer everything was sent. I spec'd out what I wanted in June of 2004. I also heard about changing or upgrading the computer chip for the cambiocorsa. Apparently, it was too jerky when in auto mode when it changed gears. The new version is supposedly very smooth and we shouldn't feel the gear change so much. What dealer are you using? Mine is Reeves in Tampa.

5. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I am confused...did you place a deposit in June or did you actually order the car in June? I can tell you from personal experience that we are not going to recieve nearly the amount of Quattroportes this year that we were hoping for. That may explain the problem you have.

6. gentry

gentry Guest

Thats interesting, because I got a call from the dealership yesterday and Im off to look at it in about an hour.

Wierd.

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    They are going to "Bait and Switch" you into making a 25K investment in Florida.

DL

8. Andiamo

Andiamo Rookie

Sep 20, 2004
    Palm Harbor, Florida
    Full Name:
    Al Fontaine
    After interrogating the salesman, I found that the original order that he sent by computer malfunctioned somehow. He then reordered again on-line all my specs. The deposit was given a long time ago but I ordered at the end of June (in my mind anyway). I was told that Maserati wasn't sending many more this year so that makes me wonder why.

9. gentry

gentry Guest

Would you lay off already. Your continual sophomoric jabs are growing quite annoying. If you were at least being accurate it might make a difference. Im asking nicely, lay off, its old now.

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You're right. I'm sorry.

It's in Texas, right?

DL

11. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    You better be nicer than that Darth... Your gonna be sorry when all the rest of us get our guaranteed 10% return on our $25 million investment in his construction project deposited into our Nigerian bank accounts.

12. gentry

gentry Guest

That would be correct.