Maserati Quattroporte III Bare metal repaint | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Maserati Quattroporte III Bare metal repaint

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by capcgn, Jan 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. capcgn

capcgn Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Germany
    #126 capcgn, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Al wrote:

we are nearly there...........front glass trims on & sealed up & the rear plastic panel fitted in place of the rear 'screen.
    I have the spare wheel back & will paint it this week.
    I'll be sure that the detailer does EVERYTHING!!
    The light switch came with the parts.
    I'll check the cigarette lighter wires tomorrow.
    The mirrors are ready to fit. (Though I'm not totally sure they will look quite right on the car in gloss black).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. capcgn

capcgn Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Germany
    #127 capcgn, Jul 31, 2011
    just a couple of pics.......doortrims fitted.
    The wiring for the satnav is there.
    I'll fit the light switch & my windscreen guy has polished the front 'screen - some of the scratches have come out, but not all of them unfortunately.
    I have painted the mirrors a while ago - just the metal covers, I will re-fresh the satin black on the plastic as well & I will fit the front number plate mounting.

3. capcgn

capcgn Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Germany
    #128 capcgn, Jul 31, 2011
    Al wrote:

just the last few photos before you see her on Tuesday. With regards to the headlamps, I have put the new switch on but they still did not work, so I had to call my auto-electrician out, who has traced the fault to the relay panel. He has got them working, but the relay panel will need attention when you get home, maybe your mechanic could look at it when he's doing the clutch, maybe?

4. capcgn

capcgn Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Germany
    I picked up the QP yesterday and I was very very happy with the result. The car looks stunning, all paint surfaces are mirror flat and all the fit is perfect. It cannot be better. Thank you Al, thank you Sarah. It was a pleasure to do business together again. The car is now at my Mechanic Schiemenz in Bonn and will get the new clutch and the rear screen. Hi will take care of all little bits and bits. At soon the car is ready and detailed, I will promise final pictures.

5. alsaautomotive

alsaautomotive Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2005
    Wales, UK.
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thank you for the opportunity to do the car, we really enjoyed carrying out the work (with one or two exceptions!!!!!) & we're looking forward to doin the next one :)
    Hope you enjoy using the Quattroporte now.
    Thanks again, Al & Sarah.

6. William Abraham

William Abraham Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    William Abraham
    Well mines in in March so you will get another good one to make perfect!!! Ciao for now

William

7. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    It's been amazing following this thread, I can' wait to get mine done too. I've already spoken with Sara & Al and hope to find a time with them sometime next year.

The plan is to get the transmission rebuilt first, this winter if all goes according to plan.

Thanks again for sharing this with us, much appreciated!

Thor

8. Quattroporte3

Quattroporte3 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2010
    She looks perfect!

Congratulations on putting her into such great shape. Your thread has served as an inspiration for me to get mine restored to the same high standard, although I plan on enjoying the car myself for a while after having everything done :).

Good luck with your sale!

Best regards,
    Thor

9. capcgn

capcgn Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Germany
    to have the best car in the market. I always restore the car for my own collection to my high standards, when the car is ready, I put it for sale. The price is then way over the normal price on the market ( without profit, only the cost ), but the car speaks for it. This way I have e nice collection of cars and the collection lives, on car leave me, on gets to my collection. The only problem is, many costumers call and like to have the best car, but like to pay for the medium car............so I have to have time to found a costumer with the high expectation and the matching valet.

10. William Abraham

Nov 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    William Abraham
    Car looks great and a nice philosophy. I had some questions. What did you do with Satnav? How and where did you get the rear window done? Did you redo the carpets as mine has turned to powder for the backing. Did you redo the gearbox?

Thanks again!

11. William Abraham

Nov 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    William Abraham
    PS I would also like to get the same fog lights. Can you let me know the details of what you put on the car.

Nice job and I will be recommending it to a few German friends!

12. capcgn

capcgn Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Germany
    The Satnav was connected to the cigarett ligther, but you need a long adapter, it is much longer one needet. Rear window was done here, it turned out to be a nigthmare, the secound glas broke to, because it was wrong installed, and broke when try to correct........

My carpeds are cleaned from the backing and 4 mm foam are glued true the backside. Gearbox internal was fine, was disabled and It needet new seals.

13. capcgn

capcgn Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Germany
    the fog lights are on the car when I got it. Car was waxed with sonax carnauba care.

14. William Abraham

Nov 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    William Abraham
    Hi I need rear glass too. Who did you order this from?? Can you connect me. Thanks

15. capcgn

capcgn Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Germany
    when the rear glas was fittet here in Germany, the clas was not correct installed, to deep, so the trim did not fit prper. I was unhappy with the fit and ask to do it again. When the glas guy removed the glas, it broke again.................. and no spare glas avalaibe. So , the glas guy will produce the glas in a small bunch. It will be not cheap but in perfect quality with the correct heating. If you need one, I can get it for you. It will take 6 weeks.

16. William Abraham

Nov 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    William Abraham
    Yes. I do need front and rear. What price? You can send private message if need be. Thx

17. William Abraham

Nov 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    William Abraham
    Sent you a private message with email so let me know cost etc. Thx