maserati sebring serie2 1966 | FerrariChat

maserati sebring serie2 1966

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Jhoniks, Feb 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    my sebring series 2 carburetted has no brake booster, has a mounted brake booster?

where has it been mounted? ...

Can someone help me with an image?

regards
    jonathan

2. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    My 1965 has two boosters. They are both located in the drivers side front fender well. The servo’s are girling, similar to the one used in the Austin-Healey BJ8 with the flat bolted on cover. I do not have. Pictures handy at the moment.

Joe

3. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
  4. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    thank you Joe, ..I have tried to find the place that you indicate me, only that I do not have an adequate space to place it, it is very reduced. Can you help me with an image of how you had it mounted?

5. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    When we put them back in in a few weeks, I will take a picture. They are staggered on a bracket and it is a tight fit.

6. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
  7. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    thank you Joe,

in this side are mounted.

8. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    That is the drivers side forward part of the fender. (Left Hand Drive Car). Also on one of your other posts you asked about the horns. On the last photo, you will see a bracket protruding out wit two holes (one has a bolt in it) that Is where the compressor for the Air horns is mounted.

Joe

9. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
  10. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    It may depend on the car and the horn set-up. My car has a directional stalk and the horn is actuated by pushing in on the end of that stalk. It appears to be the original set-up, but I am not 100% sure. There is a horn button on the steering wheel center, but that is not connected.. I believe some cars had a contactor that rubbed against the steering shaft to allow the wheel to be turned and still maintain electoral contact with the horn button. I will have to look further into the this as the column is out of the car and I am starting to work on its restoration now.

11. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
  12. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    It most likely depends on how your car was set-up from the factory. You have two connections on the button one for the center button, and one for the outer ring. I would assume you would then need two wires through the center of the column to make the connections for the various horns. Your car may not have had the town and country horn option?? MY car only has air horns. Maybe someone ese on the forum has a better answer.

Joe

13. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    thank you for your comments, If I have both air and speaker, just do not know where each one connects, I keep looking though I have not found much information about it.

Do you know if these cars had a seat belt?

can share information by email? ...

14. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan