Maserati with Tubi, the recording! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Maserati with Tubi, the recording!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by jack, Apr 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think...

1. I like it

2. I do not like it

3. I prefer stock sound

4. Better than many Ferraris

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    How much does the Tubi for a 2003 Maserati cost?

2. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I paid $2850 installed, Dealership where I bought car was a Tubi distributer

3. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

Do you know how long it takes to install? I am trying to figure out if I have to leave the car or just wait for it.

Thanks.

4. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    1 hour maximum to do the job.

5. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I was told it's a quick install but that I would have to drop car off early in the day and pick up later. so in the end I just told them to put on as soon as car arrived at dealership. Makes it easier to swallow the cost when just adding it into the purchase price. You have to get it, It is not a little improvement it gives you a totally different car. I have had Ferrari owners tell me my car sounds better than theirs. I think that's due to Maserati's chain driven motor combined with the tubi is a perfect fit. I also feel it will save me on speeding tickets, Do not have to fly around just the sound with driving at near the limit at high RPM's is enough for me. So now tell us a little about your car?

6. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    It's a 2003 Spyder Cambiocorsa. The car is Rossa Bologna (deep red metallic) with tan interior, black dash and lower door panels and black piping.
    The car has the CD changer, heated seats (a must for me with a convertible because I can put the top down when it is cold outside..), skyhook suspension, xenon lights and the wind stop. The car has 400 miles on it!! Sold new by Algar in Philadelphia. All recalls and upgrades are complete. The car had a sticker of about $101K.

7. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I test drove the coupe without a tubi and it had a nice rumble to it.

To be honest, the car is so unlike any car I've owned, that I was pretty much blown away as I drove it. So i don't really recall the specific exhaust notes at any given speed.

My main concern and question about the tubi is that this car will be for daily driving and I will put alot of city driving on it along with local freeway driving. I won't simply be driving to and from work, but also drive 1-2 times per week for work with city trips ranging from 1-3 hours. Much of this will be at lower speeds.

It was mentioned that you should keep the rpms over 3,000, wouldnt normal slow city driving 10-30mph justify about 2,000 rpms? Do you guys think the resonance would be too much for a lot of low speed city driving?

I really need to test drive the coupe with a tubi, but would like to hear any thoughts you may have.

8. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Its the driving around at low speeds but high RPM's that makes the tubi so great for me. You do not need to be going fast to make it sound great. even in the City i love to just give it a quick jolt of gas from one light to the next then when you take your foot off the gas you get all those burbles and pops then make all heads turn and you never went over 20 mph

9. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    With all the positive reviews of the tubi, you guys are talking me into it, but I really have to drive a coupe with the tubi to determine if its right for me.

I've read $2,800 - 3,000 is the cost, is that about right for a dealership installation?

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The car sounds great! I enjoyed the video also. :)

11. TridentOz

TridentOz Rookie

Jun 17, 2004
    I have just installed Tubi on my 2002 Cambiocorsa Coupe. Jack's comments reflect my experience so far. I use my car as daily transport because it is such a good car to drive and resonance between 2000-2500 rpm is a problem as it is not possible in traffic to keep revs above 3000 rpm and keep licence.

I have asked my dealer to see if they can find a way to reduce the resonance at low revs. Has anyone had any success reducing resonance other than opening the window or driving above 3000 rpm.

12. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jack, that was one bad-ass sound clip... Thank you... It doesn't have that high pitch i was expecting, either... Very intimidating; very unsuspecting from a gentlemanly-looking Maserati... Very cool, too...

i could tell by the background noise that you did this in the morning - early in the morning... Just how early was it...? Your neighbors must hate you... :)

If you have any other sound clips, we'd all love to hear them...

As for your wife sleeping in the back seat, even with the Tubi screaming, i can identify with that... i fell asleep in the passenger's seat of a racecar - small wind screen, the wind was blowing in my face at over 70mph and i couldn't stay awake to save my life...! When you're tired, you're tired... :)

Lastly, in your initial post, you said the sound clip was from inside the car; in the beginning, that's what it sounded like, but after that, it sounded like someone was standing at the foot of your driveway while you took off down the block, made a u-turn and came back up... Was that clip of both in AND out of the Maserati...?

13. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    Sorry NNO it was not early in the morning but late before noon. It was on a road in a small forest near my village. For the recording, I putted the cam near the road with a tree's bark on it for protection :-O then gas :->. Switzerland is a secure country ;-)

For sure, my neighbors know when I leave and when I come to house !!!

Next 9th september I will race the car on a track with other Maseratis, I will try to make different video / sound recordings from inside and outside. We can reach 240 km/h on this track. Here are the pics and the recording (at the end of the page) of the last year (not very good, without TUBI) : http://www.lioneljaquet.com/jaquet/dijon.htm

14. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    couldn't get it to play but have heard it in real life and it does sound BETTER than my 360 w/ tubi - no doubt.

tubi is a must on the maser!!!!

15. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    For Avi files just use windows media player. It works fine.

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ah, that explains the chirping birds... Sounds like fun... :)