massive heist of John Andrews' Ferraris | Page 2 | FerrariChat

massive heist of John Andrews' Ferraris

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by VisualHomage, Dec 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Owned by Brian Wilson, borrowed by Manson.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    who lets Charles Manson borrow their car?

Brian Wilson really is bat **** crazy.

3. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    #28 VisualHomage, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    some brief backstory on the beautiful NART Spyder:

excerpt from:
    http://carsinpedia.com/car_day_archive_details.php?id=390

Luigi Chinetti was the man who made Ferrari in the US being the primary distributor until Ferrari developed its own dealership network in the 1970's. In addition to being the US distributor he was in charge of the US based North American Racing Team (NART) which was one of the leading privateers racing Ferarris. Another of Luigi's contribution to the Ferrari legend was the NART Spyder of The Thomas Crown Affair, the semi-official convertible based on the 275GTB/4.

It is surprising that the 3Z came out of the same minds that brought us the NART Spyder (Chinetti) and the Aston Martin DB4 GT (Zagato). It is even more surprising that a 1961 Cal Spyder was sacrificed to give birth to the 3Z. Chinetti due to his close relationship with Ferrari was able throughout the 1960's to commission a series of one-off's including the aforementioned NART Spyder and a 330GTC Zagato.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    And that, friend, is yet *another* entire rabbit hole, ie, the whole "Laurel Canyon" elite crowd that founded, in giant measure, the 1960s music explosion. Manson runs leaf and vine through many iconic figures.

If you want to go down some deep rabbit holes, start here (but have your tin foil hat firmly glued to your scalp):

Part 1: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCw7qgWUNDM[/ame]
    Part 2: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TStHHl94gM[/ame]

5. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Fascinating stuff, but I am not sure where this could lead either given that the TITLES were stolen too.

Hope they get recovered.

@Carbon - does anyone know the serials of ANY of the cars??

PDG

6. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
  7. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    as someone who damn near rented the Wonderland Murders house, I know a fair bit about Laurel Canyon :eek:

say no to drugs, kids.

8. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Ah my bad. Did manson ever own one? Theres a quote where he says he did. But then again he says a lot of weird things in his quotes so......

9. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG

Really?? I figure it would either be REALLY expensive or REALLY cheap to live there??

PDG

10. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    really cheap. really creepy.

11. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    #36 VisualHomage, Dec 7, 2012
    No worries ;) --it's arcane knowledge and can be confusing. And, no, Manson never owned a Ferrari.

But his "family" used this on the two nights of their killing sprees of Tate & LaBianca:

12. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    wow :eek:

13. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
  14. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    This thread is weird!

15. tonyhemet

tonyhemet Karting

Jul 21, 2012
    hemet,ca,usa
    Full Name:
    anthony gonzalez
    The LAPD has homicide exhibits ?
    Now that,,,is weird .

16. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    #41 VisualHomage, Dec 7, 2012
    http://www.examiner.com/article/ceo-of-nasa-contractor-lockheed-knew-of-extraterrestrial-ufo-visitors

CEO of NASA contractor Lockheed knew of extraterrestrial UFO visitors

Lockheed "Skunk Works" former CEO knew the Roswell extraterrestial UFO influenced designs of Testor model kits for Roswell UFO models, and U.S. top secret aircraft. According to a CNI News report by Colorado resident Michael Lindemann, the design information was derived from forensic illustrations and numerous witness testimonies about the Roswell UFO, provided by William L. “Bill” McDonald.

In an e-mail, dated July 29, 1999, apparently addressed to Lindemann, McDonald referenced an excerpt of a discussion with Harold Puthoff, founder of the previously highly classified U.S. “remote viewing” program. McDonald said:

“Well Hal, you asked for it! Now that legendary Lockheed engineer and chief model kit designer for the Testor Corporation, John Andrews, is dead, I can announce that he personally confirmed the design connection between the Roswell Spacecraft and the Lockheed Martin Unmanned Combat Air Vehicles (UCAVs), spyplanes, Joint Strike Fighters, and Space Shuttles. Andrews was a close personal friend of "Skunk Works" CEO Ben Rich -- the hand-picked successor of Skunk Works founder Kelly Johnson and the man famous for the F-117 Nighthawk "Stealth" fighter, its "half-pint" prototype the "HAVE BLUE", and the top-secret F-19 Stealth Interceptor. Before Rich died of cancer, Andrews took my questions to him.

Dr. Ben R. Rich confirmed:

1. There are 2 types of UFOs -- the ones we build and ones 'they' build. We learned from both crash retrievals and actual "hand-me-downs." The Government knew and until 1969 took an active hand in the administration of that information. After a 1969 Nixon "purge", administration was handled by an international board of directors in the private sector…

3. Nearly all "biomorphic" aerospace designs were inspired by the Roswell spacecraft -- from Kelly's SR-71 Blackbird onward to today's drones, UCAVs, and aerospace craft…

7. It was Ben Rich's opinion that the public should not be told [about ufos and extraterrestrials]. He believed they could not handle the truth -- ever. Only in the last months of his decline did he begin to feel that the "international corporate board of directors" dealing with the "Subject" could represent a bigger problem to citizens' personal freedoms under the United States Constitution than the presence of off-world visitors themselves.”

Lindemann added that “Bill McDonald received the above information from Andrews from 1994 until their last phone call near Christmas in 1998.” Lindemann also noted “It should also be known that Dr. Ben R. Rich attended a public aerospace designers and engineers conference in 1993 before his illness overwhelmed him in which he stated -- in the presence of MUFON Orange County Section Director Jan Harzan and many others that – ‘We’ (i.e., the U.S. aerospace community/military industrial complex) had in it's possession the technology to "take us to the stars".

See the complete letter from John Andrews and the hand written reply from Dr. Ben Rich. Hear more revealing testimony from Disclosure Project whistleblowers. NASA can not deny secrets discovered by UK hacker Gary McKinnon and many astronauts if it expects full funding from the Obama White House administration.

17. Red Head Seeker

Red Head Seeker Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I believe John stated he bought the Miura new. In 1969 a new Lamborghini Miura was $20,000.00. That $20,000.00 adjusted for inflation is 127,000.00 in 2012. So the thought that "they (cars) didn't cost much, years & years ago", is a false premise....Mark

18. Cliff Torus

Cliff Torus Karting

Oct 10, 2012
    Fairfax County VA
    Full Name:
    Cliff Torus
    #43 Cliff Torus, Dec 7, 2012
  19. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Marcel Massini has replied to this story on Ferrari Life. Can't post a direct link because of Rob's censoring.

Marcel says the Ferraris involved are the following:

It seems the cars were normally sold in 1994 or thereabouts. For pics of the cars, go to FL.

I find this all very weird.

Onno

20. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Sorry guys I watched it about half way and couldn't take it anymore. It doesn't add up. Too many holes.

Synopsis: Garrison Keillor interviews ;) a guy about his very expensive cars that were stolen over a period of time, during which someone was vandalizing his property... during which he didn't move any of the cars to a more secure location, and which it seems he has very little if any documentation of him even owning the cars. But he owned them and they were stolen.

I would expect that it would be exceedingly difficult to "wash" parts for a car of which only a few were even made..

21. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Stephen's reply:
    Marcel Massini,
    You did miss something. The police have been treating John as a nuisance and have not wanted to take his reports thinking he is demented and making up grandiose stories about owning millions of dollars worth of cars.

One officer told him that, "You don't look look like you've ever had a car like this and furthermore, you look like you never will."

Next week, I shall be getting a timeline that will clarify the sequence of events and as complete an inventory of stolen cars as I can. I'll be posting both here in this thread.

Stephen's reply:
    I don't pretend to know the whole story but I rode in these cars and know that John owned them, which is already more than the police are willing to admit. Their position is that John never owned any of them. I will be attempting to get an on-camera interview with the local Chief of Police next week to get the 'official story'. There is also the back story of the city's on-going battle with John regarding his property which I will detail in coming posts.

It is impossible to read about these events without having a great many questions and concerns, as I do myself. I can say, however, that to know John is to understand immediately how this could have happened. One could argue that John should have had a guardian protecting him from himself and I wouldn't disagree--he is an easy target.

22. Red Head Seeker

Red Head Seeker Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A simple DMV owner/s history search would "prove" or "disprove" John's ownership....Very rudimentary & one would think a primary FIRST STEP!!!.....Mark

23. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    I looked at this car in June or July of this year in SF. It is not "sort of blue" as Mr. Massini suggests. It has a blotchy covering of black primer over what was once a deep maroon
    paint job. The car is a steel body/long nose/2 cam. It was missing: grill, all bumpers, cam covers, intake manifolds, carbs (3 or 6?), air cleaner, distributors, fuel rail & throttle linkage,
    both seats, speedo & tach, steering wheel, left fuel tank, trunk cover panel and spare tire.
    I have some pictures I took on my phone.

24. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Please post the photos of it. That's the "Manson" car, 6 carbs ;)

25. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    #50 VisualHomage, Dec 7, 2012
    Oh, the ravages of time and legend and mystery --how a car can embody so much more than just itself. I'd still like to see your camera phone pics (4redude), but this is from the other site, from a Massini post, from a thread of the same topic: