Mastiff shipping ??? | FerrariChat

Mastiff shipping ???

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by built2grind, Feb 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    I’m looking at getting another Mastiff as our family dog since we just lost our family mastiff of 9 years to old age. The problem I’m facing is we live in California and the Mastiff we are looking at “re-homing” is 4 months old and in North Carolina.

No passenger airline will fly a Mastiff due to breathing concerns with their snouts being pushed back. So, we are looking at a ground shipper for pets.

We want him to be safe and cared for during his travel and not neglected or traumatized.

Does anyone know of any good ground pet transport services that are reliable and won’t break the bank either? This is the first time we have ever tried to ship an animal across country. Time is important as we need to act fast to get him to California as the current owner is willing to hold for a few more days before finding another home.

If anyone has ever shipped a larger dog across country by ground, or private air please let me know how to do it.........

Thanks

anunakki likes this.
  2. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I would suggest flying out and driving back yourself. I barely trust shipping companies with auto parts.

What part of NC? I need to get a u-haul worth of stuff from East TN to socal, but I wasn't planning on it until the fall at the earliest.

Traveling with my Akita was always a ground based adventure, I just couldn't bring myself to trust airlines even if I was on the same plane.

anunakki likes this.
  3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I live in NC. Where is it?

4. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    Well, I’m happy to say our dog is home in California now. We ended up stumbling onto a husband and wife that transport animals across country in about a weeks time. We called them at 6:30am PST and they were actually driving through North Carolina that afternoon and were able to pick the dog up for us. They hand delivered our new family member exactly 1 week later to our home. It was a very stressful week for us to say the least but he arrived safely and the couple couldn’t stop saying how great a traveler he was.

I introduce “Vader” to you. He turned 4 months on March 6.[​IMG]

vjd3, Bas, anunakki and 1 other person like this.
  5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    He is gorgeous!

F129b likes this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Did you find anything out regarding flying?

We moved halfway around the world with our pets (including a mastiff and boerboel), but after we moved, the ban formed. Local airline boardmember will grant us exemption in case we do move back but after that not sure what we can do...my guess is sign a waiver that exempts them from fault in case the worst does happen? None of our pets had any issue on the way here...40+ hours of flight.