Matte Paint Quick Detailer Suggestions | FerrariChat

Matte Paint Quick Detailer Suggestions

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by NbyNW, Jan 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#1 NbyNW, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    Any suggestions or experience with a quick detailer for matte paint? This is for Mercedes matte paint.

On the Meguiar’s detail blog it says their Ultimate Quick Detailer (G144) and their Ultimate Quik Wax (G175) are ok with matte paint. These are their old formulas and the new versions have new numbers (formulas?) and I can’t find if they are ok.

I also have some Dr. Beasley’s matte products.

2. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    FWIW I do use Quick Detailer and Waterless Wash (both McGuires and Mothers have similar high quality products) on the matte/satin black hood on my Hellcat and both work fine. For me the Waterless Wash works best.

That said, what I find actually works better is Sprayway Glass Cleaner. That was (not brand specific) mentioned in the insert for how to care for satin paint that came with the Hellcat-

Take this with grain of salt as a) it is only my hood- not an entire car and b) Mercedes may use a different "satin/matte" finish than Dodge that is of higher quality.

I find there to be a WEALTH of knowledge on this forum so I'm sure other true experts will chime in.

Cheers :)

NbyNW likes this.
  3. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    NbyNW likes this.
  4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Check the ingredients of any product that touches your paint. If it contains petroleum distillates then it will turn your paint white over time. Someone posted this about 20 years ago and I did not take it seriously. I had a black Supra and was using Meguire's products religiously. Sure enough I could see the paint turning white.

NbyNW likes this.