Maui 308 Anybody know this car? | FerrariChat

Maui 308 Anybody know this car?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by mauispence, Jun 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mauispence

mauispence Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    On Craigslist 6/30/13 ….”True “Classic” Beautiful Red 1985 FERRARI 308 Qutrovalve GTS Convertible 2 Door”

• “Only 67,000 miles”
    • “Stereo, Air conditioning”
    • “Excellent Condition”

The lister seems a little light on information. ;) Does anybody on FC know this car? :)

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I think it has been for sale for two years or so.

3. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Where does one take a 308 for service on Maui? Just wondering...wife and I have been thinking of relocating.

4. Gerald

Gerald Rookie

Nov 23, 2003
    Anaheim, Ca
    Full Name:
    Gerald B.
    Not sure if there is a quality independent on the island of Maui. I doubt it. However, there is a authorized factory store on the island of Oahu. I had a 430 Spider on island for awhile and Aaron, from the store in Oahu, handled the maintenance and a warranty repair. I had to pay a part of his airfare over to Maui but did not have to worry about the quality of service. He has a strong reputation especially within the Ferrari dealer network.

5. mauispence

mauispence Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Lahaina, Maui, Hawai
    Full Name:
    Jim Spence
    *ZFFUA13A5F0055319
    Car is exactly as advertised :). 67197 showing on the speedo. Body is straight. Owner claims to be 2ed owner. Paint is nice & supposed to be original. Near new tires. The shipping doc's show lots of minor dings etc. but car has been simi-detailed and shows well. Underneath the car is oily. Interior is typical of what you would expect for the milage with drivers seat showing most of the wear & tear. Carpets show their age but are not ratty. There is a receipt for a new water pump and belt. No other maintenance records or books or tools. Owner claims to have spent $10K on car in the last year. The Tranny shifts smoothly and with out any hesitation or binding. Engine runs RICH but Oil PSI is steady. I think it just needs to have the soot blown out of it;) Front end is a little loose, probably needs tie rod ends etc. ,and all the suspension bushings are old & dried out looking. The clutch engages at the very top of the pedal but does not slip once it hooks up. Breaks stop car in a straight line. Windows are slow but work. Owner knows NOTHING about how the car works. Too small for me @ 6'5" & 280#'s! :(
    Shipping to West coast about $1090 plus another $1,200 +/- to ship to east coast.
    Pretty much a what you see is what you get.