McDonald's to drop "Supersize" orders | Page 2 | FerrariChat

McDonald's to drop "Supersize" orders

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Where is Nashua? Unfortunately, the dating site I visit had 5 women online total from NH, 3 were attractive, 1 one was not, and 1 was this. I'm on there looking for music junkies and to browse for a buddy of mine (he made me join). Once I saw what was online (18-25 wise here in California, thats all there was), I realized I shouldn't be on there!

Sunny

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    JaguarXJ6,

Nashua is only a 15-20 minute drive (just watch out for the cop with POP radar hiding at the underpass at exit 6). Nashua is close to me, but as a 38 year young guy, not many 21 year olds will go out with me (though it has been done from time to time :) ).

Usually 30 on upward is the average here, though have a younger than that gal right now of course. And i dare not mention the HORDES of 40+ woman (see Yahoo Personals pics) who have e-mailed me. A few nearly begged(!) i sh^t you not.

Sad, truly sad that some woman have chosen their life path in letting their bodies become obese. Have always wondered at exactly WHAT POINT do they just give up???

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: My apologies for sounding superficial, yet for me there does need to be physical attraction AND ALSO emotional sanity added to sharp and bright mental abilities. Given the average education of today's American youth, i weep for the future.

FYI: within this area, 1 in 4 kids DO NOT graduate high school! And we all must admit the US educational system is nowhere near as good as Korea or many other countries. Point: average US high school grads are FAR BEHIND the knowledge of MANY other countries. Below is a graph, circa 2002

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Hey - Jack's a good guy, isn't he? My folks run into him quite often in Morro Bay. Just up the road is Cayucos - my longtime goal.
    I only go to McD's 3 times a year - would get 2 supersize fries for 3 people - even that was too many, but it was cheaper than getting three of another size, which weren't "enough." McD's will profit in the name of "health."

4. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Spread the word brother, spread the word!

5. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Who needs gun control or food control!

6. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I wish companies would stop caving into pressure, and people start taking responsibility for themselves instead of having the government or lawyers do it for them.So now they'll order 3 small fries to make up for the one supersize.Pathetic.

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    While I think the ultimate blame is on the person who gorges on it, I appreciate McD's social responsibility gesture by removing the temptation.

BTW, McD's also makes me queasy and ill when I am trapped into eating it - usually on the NY Thruway.

8. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Arlie- that's awesome!

I want one, do they make it in belt-fed?

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    And so in the end...the pot calls the kettle black! Who is helping the cat get fat now, eh Arlie?

Shame on you,

DL

10. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Steve, I know what you mean, I dont date US women, I live in Miami most of the year & spend the summer in CT surrounded by Heifers :(

Isn't size 14 sort of like a Tent ? :) My gf is a size 1

11. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    BTW, all of this is in response to the recent film made about McDonalds. A filmaker made a 30 day documentary where he ate nothing but McDonalds for an entire month.

During the film the guy gained 25 lbs.

So upon its recent release McDonalds suddenly felt the need for some damage control.

12. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    John/FutureOwner,

Agreed, the McD move is in hopes of doing something to untarish the soon to be WIDELY EXPOSED movie. What i find sad is the lack of personal responsibility on those who do not eat properly or exercise, yet blame others for their lack of physical health.

As i travel the world i hear from others how Americas have the stereotype "fat and lazy." 60% overweight... 30% obese. Yes, some people may have true medical issues, yet the vast majority have no real excuse.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I agree 100%. I am living in America's newly named "Fattest City":(

People need to take responsibility for stuffing their faces and sitting idle on the couch.

The funniest thing I have heard lately is that you can get a tax break if you get your stomach stapled!:)