McLaren 570S - Baby P1!! | FerrariChat

McLaren 570S - Baby P1!!

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Rossi46, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. appdev

appdev Karting

Nov 30, 2014
    Oakville, Ontario
    it's ugly in my opinion...

2. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Looks gorgeous. Drove a 650S on the track a few days ago and was reluctantly impressed.

This one looks nice, wonder what the price will be.

3. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    $180-200k

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Macca is coming out with new models every 6 months it seems. It's worse than Porsche. If I was in the market I would weigh this against a 911 Turbo S, looks intriguing.

5. jomana

jomana Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2004
    They all look the same to me.
    Useless!

6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Wrong sub forum

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Not liking the look.

8. Rossi46

Rossi46 Karting

Apr 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #9 Rossi46, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Rossi46

Rossi46 Karting

Apr 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #10 Rossi46, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    Looks ugly in the flesh. Orange pokemon.

11. spcheng

spcheng Rookie

Apr 15, 2006
    CA, USA
    Amazing!

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Can somebody please explain why they are making 3 models and where they are different??

I believe we have:
    P1 - Top model
    650S - Confused middle model
    570S - Same as 650S to me ... ?

Pete

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    i like the front, not as much the rear but it has cool doors :)

if they made it in a damn manual I'd already have put a deposit down. shame...

14. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #15 F456 V12, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    I don't know, you tell us:

LaFerrari - Top model
    FF - Fugly Ferrari
    F12 - Looks like a less fugly FF
    488- Same as a 458 to me ... ?
    California-T - Same as a Cali to me ... ?

Having a bit of fun with ya ! :)

I get your point, but there is a clear buying demographic of those willing to pay 300K+ for exclusivity and/or that extra ounce of performance vs those want every day excitement @ $150K to $200K. By Mclaren offering the 570S they have raised the bar so Porsche, Audi, Lambo, Aston Martin, M-B and perhaps Ferrari will all have to make their cars better, which is great for us. 11 years ago I paid $186K for a 2004 360 Modena, I got 400HP stock, 2nd gen F1 transmission, two driving modes - Sport & Normal, excluding off, wet and auto, $5 to 7K service costs and so on. Today for the same money you can get 562HP, 443 ft/tq, 7 speed dual clutch 9 different driving modes, not including launch mode, auto and manual modes, infotainment, low service costs and exclusivity - What's not to like and that is why Mclaren's announcement is a new benchmark of performance and $$.

MB

15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well, for one they only make two model -- 650S/675LT and 570S -- and secondly, I'm not sure why you can't see them being different. They look completely different inside and out, and the power numbers are far different.

Not sure what else to say...

16. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    haven't they also hinted at an even cheaper 570 C model for the chinese market? Not sure why as the oligarchs over there have plenty to spend

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes they look different and might have slightly different performance, but the 570S can top 200 mph! So it is not like it is a bargain basement or lower spec model.

They all use basically the same engine too. So buy the 570S, take it to your local mechanic and play with the boost and go and blow a few 650S/LT's away :D

Also why are you saying McLaren only make 2 models, what about the P1?

The difference is they all fit a different marketing niche, ie:
    - LaFerrari - customer has too much money
    - FF - 4 seater Ferrari (not sure why they bother making a 4 seater anymore, since Maserati does it better or more practically IMO)
    - F12 - Front engined dinosaur for those that want to go very fast and the engine has to be in the front
    - 488 - replacement for the 458
    - California-T - replacement for the California, and again I do not know why they make this car. Maserati GranTurismo fills this role perfectly.

So McLaren have come out with a 570S where the only different to a 650S is cost, slight different in looks (my wife for example would not be able to tell the difference. In fact the 570S has a P1 inspired rear so looks better to me) and slight performance difference.

I don't get it. Porsche and Ferrari at least have differentiation. Now if the 570S was a 2+2 like the 911, then yes it would make sense. But the 650S and 570S are competing for the same market IMO. Sensible people will purchase the 570S and save themselves some $'s. 95% of people will not realise the difference and as driver talent makes a bigger difference than car performance, even Maldonardo in a 570S will destroy you on a lap against your 650S.

Confused. This car or the 650S should have been a 2+2 IMHO.
    Pete

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lets compare McLaren:
    - P1 - customer has too much money
    - 650S - customer does not want to buy an Italian or German sportscar and has a little too much money. I do not consider a 458/488 or 650S to be a supercar as some online articles suggest (why?)
    - 570S - customer does not want to buy an Italian or German sportscar and is not an idiot with his/her money

That's how I see it.
    Pete

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well, I don't consider P1 a current model because you can't actually order one. Production is almost finished in fact. At this point, LF/918/P1 are no different than Enzo/CGT/F1 -- all out of production and there is no weighing of choices/value between them and the newer offerings.

In reality then, there are only two offerings for sale and they have very different looks and performance.

Also keep in mind 650S only has a year or so left in production by the time 570S are delivered. Is there some overlap in what each car does? Sure, but it will be short lived and P14 will replace 650S with even more performance and a new platform.

It's really not that different from Porsche aside from price. Consider this:

The 991 Carrera came out while the 997.2 TT was still in production. It had new looks, new interior, lower price, and lower performance. Which car do you buy? There is an argument for both.

This isn't much different than McLaren.

20. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #21 noone1, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    It can often just come down to "face." People are really into brands and showing off and less interested in what's under the skin. You want the latest, but don't care or know anything about what you're buying/being bought for you. I've seen the 625C and it's indistinguishable from the 650S aside from lower specs. If it didn't have a name on it, the only way I'd known would have been the lack of CCBs. And that's coming from someone who is really familiar with the brand and cars.

In China, this could be good enough. Unlike the US, I see tons of girls/women in exotics. Probably nearly as many as men. Someone near me owns a pink (!!) F12, another woman is always in a black 458 Spider, and my friend saw one in a Speciale the other day. Average age is much lower as well. If you're buying the car for your girlfriend/mistress/wife/kids, you might not give a **** about the 30hp and lack of CCB. If it's take it or leave it, you'll still take a 540C over a buy-your-own-C.

And as always, money is money and everyone has some sense of value. US buyers don't go all out either, even if they can afford it. Very few people have the absolute perfect spec. Everyone says, "Is this $XXXXX option worth it?" I find it hard to believe that the vast majority of people's perfect spec includes standard paint.

21. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay now I get it a bit more.

My confusion arose because I read an online article talking about McLaren having 3 models. What you say makes more sense.
    Thanks
    Pete

22. scuderia92

scuderia92 Formula Junior

May 23, 2013
    Although I find that the car looks quite cool it doesn't strike me like the design of most Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Maserati's and Aston Martins. Why? I don't know, it's hard to describe...

Performance figures are very impressive!

23. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1PiTCdE4Lw[/ame]

24. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    McLaren customers are confusing people.