McLaren 600 LT!? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

McLaren 600 LT!?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by iloveferrari, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    strigline the 600lt is slower than the 675lt
    officialy: 0-200kmh 675lt 7,9 vs 8,2 for the 600lt.
    Up to 300kmh difference will be about 2 sec (675lt quicker) Track ways the 600lt is on some tracks faster then the 675lt and on some not, according to mclaren. But tyres, new trofeo R have a big impact for the 600lt improvement

2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yup, if you put the latest Trofeos on the 675LT, the LT will be much quicker as well.

Most gains these days in all the new exotics are tire related.

nmcclure likes this.
  3. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I think the 720s hasn't depreciated like some expected simply because it's performance is almost untouchable by any stock car, still

dustman likes this.
  4. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    I wouldn't put a lot of weight into that page. I had a 2017 488 and have a 2017 570s now.

I just completed a track weekend at VIR with my 570s. Down the back straight I hit 169mph in my 570s. Last year my 488's best was 162. Similar conditions, same time of year, same weekend even. Ill concede I have more experience this year so maybe a couple MPH is picked up from that. However id point out a couple things. Last year I had a instructor as a passenger in my 488, probably 150lb guy. This year I had my friend riding with me, 250lb guy. Also my 570s has a massive wing on it, has to be worth a few MPH easy on that back straight. If I had zero passenger in each, and no wing on that 570s on the straight. I think the gap would be larger.

Full disclosure, I am not a race driver and I think both cars could go even faster with out a doubt in my mind. I brake earlier than needed mostly because I still remember my 488's brakes failing and how that felt.

I could also compare lap times by looking at my go pro and doing the math from each year but i think that would be heavy favorite to the 570s as I am just more experienced now. But the back straight is just a easy metric for the type of speed they each pick up.

Id say this in the Ferraris favor, it was much easier to drive fast for sure. The 570s has a small front tire and you get a lot of front tire noise as a result, it never gave up and pushed but it was right on the ragged edge the whole time.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My problem with the 570S was its lack of rawness and driver engagement. From the description of the 600LT, those issues will be assuredly addressed. The result may be a driving experience more compelling than the 720S albeit not as quick.

6. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    No matter what car you buy there will always be a faster one currently available or coming soon. For me its the feel and the passion that the cars brings out when i drive it that makes all the difference. Its there with Ferrari and Porsche, not there with McLaren. I am simply very happy that there are many wonderful cars out there that gives everyone the ability to make the choices that are right for them from a performance, cost and passion perspective.

7. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    For me the main difference is that the Mclaren just isn't a Ferrari, what I actually mean by that is that the dream for me was always Ferraris, had the F40 on my wall as a kid type of thing. I didn't want for a Mclaren really. But anyone that discounts that assumes Mclaren isn't building fastastic cars is being silly or biased.

I wish my 488 never caught fire or the brakes didn't fail 2 times, id still have it. Id probably never have tried a Mclaren as a result. Ferrari doesn't care about guys like me though. Customer service with Ferrari is literally Mcdonalds level at best when you have a problem. So ill keep trying out some competitors for awhile.

8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I can understand the mystique behind a marque and the accompanying appeal but for me its all about the driving experience. The car that engenders the most excitement and biggest smiles on my face, gets to inhabit my garage.

9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    That sounds a seductive argument - we all want to believe that driving is the only thing that’s important; we buy them to drive them. But consider this, a lotus drives absolutely brilliantly. Yet I just don’t want one. The brand, it’s style, how it makes you feel and yes, how it drives - all are important. But finding only some of these elements and not all of them in a car, leaves you wanting more.

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    As I said “sure it’s a Ferrari forum”.... I simply assumed others too would own multiple brands... it was sounding to me like some folks here would only buy Ferrari and never something else.... my main point was that I’m not going to knock it until I try it.... at $240 base msrp it sounds like a bargain

11. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Agreed - and this is how I feel about Porsche. Well engineered, reliable, can be used as daily drivers but I have little interest in ever owning one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #62 Shadowfax, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    My garage is diverse but I accept when posting on a Ferrari forum I shouldn't get my feathers in any form of a ruffle when Ferrari owners pass negative comment about any other brand I may own. With 600LT the car has received great press and would appear to stack up - certainly better visually and excitement wise than a 720. If I had a spare space in my garage I'd park one there but I wouldn't sell my Ferrari or Porsche to do that. I think Mac owners are an overly sensitive bunch and that is evidenced time and time over. Bit like the GTR crowd. Always trying to overly justify their position.

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Well said. Buying a Mac is like buying a computer in the 80's By the time you have taken it home its been superseded.

Viperjoe likes this.
  14. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    That makes my spidey senses tingle...

15. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    The more these car companies compete, the more their product starts to feel like the same car... :(

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Watch from 9:30 on - Sounds like Huracan Performante has a problem listening to this thing. It's clearly a very impressive drive.

17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I’m not too much into the look of the 570 and the 600 marginally improves on that. But if it’s your thing I think this could be a great car - so long as you think about it in isolation from other things that are currently relevant to the McLaren brand (too many models from one platform, try-hard styling, depreciation worries, financial concerns etc.) Love the top mounted exhaust which no doubt adds much-needed aggression to the sound and I think the 570’s ace as a donor car when it was launched was always that it offered most of the 650’s performance for much less price. In addition, it removed the controversial tenneco suspension giving a more natural feel for some people. Adding hp and track bias to that car gives an exotic, very high performing car with rawness, track-inspired handling and a price way below the 720. It looks to be as compelling as the 720, with its over-reliance on power, try-too-hard looks and high price, isn’t.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    By 2025, the entire McLaren lineup will be hybridized.

19. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    #69 spourreza, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    You bring very good points and to each its own hence why most of us have several exotics. But not sure i agree on mclaren financial concerns... they have ample cash and funding. There was a time when there were rumors that Apple wanted to buy them and from what i hear, mclaren backed off... this is not a sign of a cash strapped company. Agree on depreciation concerns but 720 very much bucking this trend after being out over 2 years... The try-to-hard looks is why many are attracted to the brand vs looks that tend to be more muted, more subtle, less exotic etc...

Many of the Mclaren brand stigma comes from the 12c/650 opps, duh moment. But the current lineup with 570, 570LT, 720 and Senna are pretty stellar and certainly a massive leap forward - all these models are stark contrast of each other in every angle and purpose. Looking very much forward to seeing the P1 replacement which IMHO was a nearly flawless hyper car at the time.

20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Won't Ferrari's be also?

21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I just can't stand this youtube guy...

stavura likes this.
  22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    His success is directly correlates with the number of idiots in the planet, a LOT!

Makuono, NürScud and stavura like this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Lamborghini plans to augment the NA V10 and V12 with hybridization.Ferrari will combine turbos and electrification at a similiar time.

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari's hybrid V12s will also remain N/A.

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    As good as the 600LT appears be, it shares the same 0 to 200 numbers as 488GTB BUT is priced at 720S money. That seems to place the 600 at a bit of a loose end especially with Ferrari's track version (Pista) producing higher 0 -200 numbers than 720S. I'm now left wondering which of the competition was 600LT aimed at? My guess is Huracan Performante?