McLaren 600 LT!? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

McLaren 600 LT!?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by iloveferrari, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Man, you're funny...

My brother in law does a 1:48 in his performante at Laguna Seca. My other friend will do around 1:40. I do 1:36 and change in 720s. Is 720s that much faster then performante? Nope. There is a significant difference in track skills between all 3 of us.

nice likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No one does that.

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I am not disputing that the skills of the driver will mightily affect the track times. I simply repeated the procedure followed by the poster. In this instance, the more accurate indication of the car's capabilities on this track would be for the drivers to swap cars and then complete the course.

As a side point of interest, the buddy in the Performante completed his run in 2:05. Next time, with his friend in the car, not knowing how much weight that added( lets say 180 lbs), his time was 2 seconds slower. Think of the efforts, technology and cost car manufacturers expend to reduce the weight of their cars by 180 lbs.

4. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    The blue... The blue...I love it! It looks like it's the mix of Le Man Blue and Scozio. Great choice of color. Makes it so much more sophisticated than the usual crowd of Lambo owners. No offense. :)

Shadowfax likes this.
  5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The most popular Huracan colors are the crass, uncouth, unsophisicated shades of white, black and grey. Leave it to the usual crowd of Lambo owners.

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    No offense taken.
    I really wanted mat orange or verdis green.
    Let’s be real if you are getting a lambo it’s partly to be bold and showy, more so than a ferrari I think.
    The lambo gets far far more love than any ferrari I’ve had though and no fu’s. Which I got a lot of in fcars

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #107 Shadowfax, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Don't forget the thread was about a 600LT posted on a Ferrari forum for comments needless to add Dustman has been quite critical on 488 on occasion so don't see why others cant speak their view without offense being taken for doing so. Dustman is also being cool about it too which is fine.

My money would be on LT dusting off Performante in every metric and it looks a very safe bet to me. LT certainly looks miles better than HP to me as well. Was never a fan of Huracan's look and whilst the engine sounds good the over use of crackling on the over run sounds totally synthetic and way overdone imo - totally fake. LT already sounds more organic than LP just going by the vids even if the base engine note isn't quite as exotic as HP's.

Also agree with member Nice that Huracan looks tired and droopy (esp at the rear) and the wing on the tail looks too much like a cheap afterthought. I'm not the only one who has said that either. I think Dustman's car looks super hot for what it is and the color is def the pick for that car but looks-wise it misses the mark up against 600LT imho. I still think the Gallardo was Lambo's best design even though it is somewhat outdated now.

nice likes this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    While you quoted my post you did not address any of its content but instead continued on about your subjective aesthetic preferences. You like the appearance of the LT and do not like the look of the Performante. I guess some may find that interesting but I woud be at a loss to understand why. Your defence of insulting Dustman's car was childishly predicated on his criticism of the 488.

You have been highly critical of noone and justfiably so, because he is a chronic poster with definite opinions yet he does not drive nor own a car. You came to conclusions about the superiority of the LT over the Performante without the benefit of any personal driving experience nor even seeing the former in person.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Wow and I thought Mac owners were overly sensitive.... I may have to take that back.

Not sure how noone 1 has made it into this equation?? Leave him to his own battles.

I expressed an opinion. No crime in that. Or is there? Plus I still bet the numbers will come out in LT's favor - no harm in that either. It's my money.

And predicating? So was Dustman predicating too? Frankly I don't care. Still like his car and the colour esp.

10. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    My comments are based on my opinion having owned both cars. We took a 720, perf and gt3rs to the track. All on same tires. Pro driver. Perf was last. Useless car to me.

There are too many 720’s and Huracans. I’m getting off my 720 due to this. Perf market softened First but 720 not far behind.

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Actually I feel it’s completely accurate. Plus I’m 6’ tall. Only short guys fit in the perf and you know that’s accurate.

exoticcardreamer and Shadowfax like this.
  12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    It was more of a search for an explanation for the 7 second gap which my instincts say is wider than it should be at VIR.

It would be interesting to see a lap time comparison using the same driver. Even more relevant would be to compare lap times against the 600LT.

Actually, isn’t the Huracan a competitor for the 720, not 570?

13. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    stunning spec. congratulations!!!

14. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    in the 488/720s thread...there was more then a few people who owned 720/488/performante and many, many more. They did about 3 postings, people ignored them and they just moved on. Nothing else for them to say. I'm pretty sure they were amused with people talking about cars that they actually owned and use. I know 5 of those posters. One of them has some bias but other four do not.

15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    you are missing my humor. :) read it again.

Shadowfax likes this.
  16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Nope.

17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thx. It’s an interesting car indeed. I like it more than the 488 we got. Not sure I like it more than the 458 spider though.
    Cerainly more than the macs owned and driven.

Shack, tekaefixe and exoticcardreamer like this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Dead accurate. Over 6 and you need a spider. Too bad if it rains...you then drive with a raincoat on.:D

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Total nonsense. 3 friends who are Performante owners are over 6'. This is not opinion. It is actually an objective fact.

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Performante spider actually offers 2" less legroom due to the roof compartment. Obviously more headroom with the roof open.

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I really couldn't care less about your subjective opinioins about the aesthetics of any car. Beauty to one is an eye sore to another. Basing (predicating) comments about a car's driving dynamics or level of excitement without the benefit of personal driving experience or even seeing the car in person, renders any such opinions as valueless.

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You had me fooled. ;):D

23. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I bought an aventador sv. I'm 5'11". First time I sat in it, I realized I made a bad decision because there was hardly any headroom and thought that it wasn't going to work with a helmet. Normal driving it was uncomfortable because you had to slouch because the line of sight was terrible in the normal seating position. Anyways, I tried tracking it with a helmet and the way I had to slouch to fit made it unbearable and uncomfortable (I had race buckets).

I wasn't going to get fooled again with the performante. This time, I waited for the demo to come around to the dealer and brought my helmet. Sat in the car without a helmet and realized it's the same issue and it wasn't going to work. I didn't even get out of the parking spot. Sales guy said that I'd have more head room with the spider but less leg room and it wasn't going to work either (note: I could live with the compromised seating position for short drives but anything more then that then it wasn't going to work).

I do have a friend who is 6'4" and tracks an SV. Lambo was his dream car from when he was a teenager so he was going to make it work. He had special seats made and basically bolted to the floor of the car. It works for him. It can be done if a person really wants to make it work.

It'll be interesting to see Randy Pobst with motor trend and his test at Laguna Seca. I believe he's 6'2" so they would have had a modified seating position done for him.

EVERY person I know who owns a lambo in my area is a short person.

SoCal to az and Shadowfax like this.
  24. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal

There is far less leg space in a spyder over a coupe due to the retractable roof. Sounds like you haven’t even sat in a spyder. So much for nonsense/facts.

Then again, there are those spyder owners who drive with the top down even in 90+ degree weather. Their cars usually have a loud wrap and a louder exhaust that pops 14 times per second. Those guys couldn’t care if their knee is on the dash. “I’m driving a Lambo man!” F boys! Maybe your 3 buddies fall into that crowd.

Shadowfax likes this.
  25. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    That’s what’s I’ve been saying. The spyder, which dustman has, will not fit a 6’ + driver comfortably.

Shadowfax likes this.