McLaren 720S - 2017 | Page 37 | FerrariChat

McLaren 720S - 2017

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by dros1, Dec 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I agree on the car but trust me there are many people who cannot accept that this McLaren is this good. Interesting how all of a sudden performance matters a lot less than in the past....

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You have to stop this! I can't bear much more of this.... at least until I get mine! :)

3. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I tracked mine at COTA and it was absolutely awesome. I couldn’t believe how fast it was for a regular series car! And, more importantly, SO MUCH FUN to drive on track! Image Unavailable, Please Login

F2003-GA likes this.
  4. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    This car changed EVERYTHING....
    I love mine , I don't track cars any longer.
    The technology is soooo far out there that its fun to be apart of.
    I was NEVER a big McLaren fan.
    I respected what the company did but to me the style was not me.
    This car was at Amelia Island and I first thought it was the new DINO F. as they were rumoring for the last couple of years.
    The headlights the tail, I just thought it was that until I got close.
    McLaren is cool because its new, the team is small and they just get it!
    As you all know I'm already starting my new book , Me and My McLaren 720s.
    Melville will be involved as will everyone else.
    For me at this stage , Its like being apart of Jag thirty years ago or Aston Martin.
    Small bespoke teams.
    Its an exciting time as Ive said before the gasoline runs dry.
    This car kills old cars as collectors, it kills the competition .
    Anything under 1 million dollars doesn't compete and the company unveiled this car in March and by December it was in my garage!
    Ferrai which I love has to catch up, Lambo has a ways to go and the others, well they don't even get a blip on the radar.
    Great times ahead!
    GTJOEY1314
    p.s. jut go to you tube, we have NEVER seen so many videos of one new car in all conditions and tracks with telemetry.
    My original 1969 Hurst Olds, looks a million years old today.

exoticcardreamer and of2worlds like this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm jealous mine has been plugged into the wall for 2 weeks. The weather sucks in the mid-Atlantic and way too cold for the tires. I have been to a couple of F1 races there - I would love to get out there and shred it up a bit.

6. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Wow.

7. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I just found the new you tube.....THE MCLAREN 720S ROCKS MY WORLD , by Justin Bell, I don't know how to post it but if someone can.
    That video describes it all.
    GTJOEY1314

8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Wow a British race car driver says a McLaren rocks his world. Mind blowing.

9. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    Heres the thing, the " CAR" is "WALKING the WALK"..........
    GTJOEY1314

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It was smart to delete what you initially wrote because it is simple not true and a gross exaggeration which is why there aren't many used cars for sale - under 5 maybe. Not everyone will feel the same but the overwhelming majority love their cars.

Furthermore, if someone is happy with their purchase why question it? Why cant you (some others) just accept that most people who have bought a 720 or whatever actually really love their car? Most that have the 720 have had and have other sports cars and have something to compare to vs. some of the clowns making their decisions on test drives with little to no experience.

Finally, your comment about the car not being worth $350K. Perhaps your financial position is different from others as you always are looking for a deal or depreciation before you get in the game which is fine but dont sh it on others because they dont need to do that. Your comment about sound or the car not being engaging is simply silly and you would know this if you spent some time behind the wheel yourself vs going by a handful of youtube videos.

So enjoy your Alfa and Porsche - play your cards write and one day you can step up to a 720 or the next super car. Its all good, you dont need to hate.

Many actual owners I've talked to have dumped theirs because it's not 'engaging' them. No sound (nothing worth a $350k car), day to day is not that smile on your face feeling, you hit the track at high speeds gets fun, overall for the cost not worth it. But what the hell do they know. See just all opinions.

11. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #911 IPO1, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Call me crazy, but that's what forums are for as well. People banter back and forth. I like this car, I think that car is sh**, my car is the best, no it's not...well you probably understand the point...maybe.

Owners have dumped them for various reasons and they have that right just like any brand. What pleases you may not someone else. I've dumped cars in 24 hours before, but a few months is norm for me. I've said it a 100 times, I like the 720, doesn't mean it excites me enough to buy one.

And just as a note, I don't need to play my cards right--I already did that when I sold my third company, so I appreciate your lame effort to belittle and look down on people, but try and be a little more humble in life--people will like you more. Fortunately most 720 owners are not as arrogant as you (at least the ones I know). Liking and wanting to put one in the stable are two different things.

One does not have to buy the car to love it or not. That's silly.

I think you have a great line up with your squared and 720. All based covered and works for you. May not work for others, but see that's life. And hey, I know this may shock you the most, this is a Ferrari forum and if you think you'll get showered with rose petals, you may want to smell whats on them first.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Dont play the victim, you know what you are doing with your comments. This has nothing to do with the 720 or any other car. Forums are for exchanging ideas and thoughts not for insulting people because they happen to be passionate about their purchase. My lineup is irrelevant as is the 720, this is a general comment.

1) have some respect with your comments which whether you realize it or not you come across in a condescending and disrespectful manner perhaps to purposely provoke others (like me) or maybe this just your style.
    2) My comments have nothing to do with what pleases me - that is the point I am making to you. Don't turn it around.
    3) If you knew me you would know I am far from arrogant and quite humble but that doesnt matter. I am just commenting on your constant posts about bargains, depreciation and such. Maybe I am wrong here.
    4) Also, just for my benefit can you point me to all the cars that have been "dumped" as I have some friends that might be interested.

Thank you

13. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    No victim, just honest answers which you don't like, so you try and turn tables. You're not important enough to argue with (see I'm learning to be arrogant like you).

So if you want to circle jerk about your 720, pound your chest and only want puppy dog love over your car, head over to the McNoLife forum, they do that daily. Other than that enjoy your car.

Take care.

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You continue to reaffirm what everyone already knows about you, I will just leave it at that.

15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Wow, I didn't know you knew everyone. Glad you cleared that up.

Ba bye.

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Totally amazing machine,i also like the basic steering wheel.

17. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

IPO1 - dial back the annoying rhetoric. You're trolling this thread, and it's counter-productive.

Also some thinly veiled personal attacks don't bode well for your future here.

you need to make a bigger effort at civility. So, let's give you a 48 hour thread ban to chill and reflect. Hopefully you'll come back rested and ready to converse politely.

D

18. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    We have these amazing web sites and threads, but something triggers in people.
    Bill Gates AND Zuckerberg now admit it.
    I really don't understand it.....Its spreading though and its not just on here.
    Thankfully I'm at the end of the rainbow with many driving miles ahead.
    Enjoy everyone.
    GTJOEY1314

19. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Joey, when did you become the elder statesman?

Joe

Jo Sta7 and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  20. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    After my last prostate exam........

Jo Sta7 and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  21. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    TMI!!!!!!!

Joe

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  22. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    I'm playing my friend......enjoy
    GTJOEY1314

23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I personally love interacting with everyone here. All these cars are awesome to me. Discussing them with you all is a joy.

Plus there are so many GREAT people here. Such a multitude of experiences. I’d love to get dinner with many of you and talk about life. So much to share.

24. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Joey, new video for you