McLaren breathes down the necks of Ferrari and Lambo | FerrariChat

McLaren breathes down the necks of Ferrari and Lambo

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by rocketman, Feb 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i agree w article. 570 is a great alternative to a porsche turbo and is in a lower price segment than ferrari or lambo. future looks good for mac

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    They have to get rid of the reliability stigma ASAP....

3. E.2

E.2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2019
    McLarens are pushing the envelope. Glad they are being rewarded

4. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    I haven't heard much of this stigma in all honesty. Is it really that prevalent? I am curious.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I guess only if you are a YouTube watcher...all makes have horror stories, but with the lower production volumes of McLaren, it becomes a concern for the used car buyer.
    I have a close friend interested in a McLaren, but he is determined to get one from an authorized dealer with a CPO warranty.

aaronrgonz likes this.
  6. E.2

E.2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2019
    All exotics can't be expected to be Toyotas. Things are often blown out of proportion.

7. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Everyone I know that actually owns a McLaren (not just wishes they had one and watches You tube), have had virtually no problems. Mine has been flawless.

After 30+ years of Ferraris, they have met their match. This is great for those that buy, drive and live with these cars as competition improves the breed.

8. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    I would be doing the same thing... kinda get a feeling this guy is onto something:

9. Ben Tarwater

Ben Tarwater Rookie

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ben Tarwater
    I’ve had several minor issues (CELs) and horrific fit and finish issues regarding the trim (rubber trim around windows flapping in the wind, etc..)

None of the above would be a big deal if there were a dealer that were closer than 8 hours from me. I’ve owned the car 9 months and it’s been sitting in Dallas for 4 of them waiting on parts.

I love driving the car but it has become scary to think about owning outside of warranty.

10. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Good lord that sounds like a process...I assume you have a 570?

11. Ben Tarwater

Ben Tarwater Rookie

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ben Tarwater
    I have a 570GT. Love the car, just not the quality of some other brands. Interior is great. It’s the exterior trim pieces and the CELs.

Knock on wood, I am one month with no CELs so hopefully I am through them :)