Mclaren Factory Tour | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mclaren Factory Tour

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Feb 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neil

Neil Rookie

Jan 24, 2006
    Amanda is one of the nicest people I know, if she wasn’t married to one of the nicest guys I know I’d be disappointed. Luckily she is. His man cave is something I would be jealous of if I was jealous of anything. It really is something else.

2. mikeyt

mikeyt Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    So. California
    Full Name:
    Mike Tinker
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like good time.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Good stuff, I have to get there. I did confirm that I can meet my car there just need to time it but I cannot drive it - maybe I can persuade them but not officially.

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have seen lots of pictures and videos of MTC, but I have a feeling it's one of those, "Pictures don't do it justice" places.

I would love to make a visit. The tour you had sounded like a very personal experience. Hell, the tour guide was Bruce's son-in-law!

The first time I visited the Ferrari factory in the 80's, was a special, personal experience. The last time I visited in '05, it was just a cookie cutter tour that ended pointing you at the Ferrari store across the street. It could have been Toyota..... with an Italian accent! Maranello does have some great food, and I have made some great friends over the years.

I told you those Amalgam models were amazing!

What is around Woking? Is there a town that has grown up around the factory? When are we hitting Starbuck's? :)

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. Neil

Neil Rookie

Jan 24, 2006
    Brook wood cemetery was an overflow cemetery for London with a train station at Woking. The town grew up around the train station. Ron Dennis was born in Woking so McLaren grew up around him.

The MTC tour is something special. Unfortunately you can no longer get Frank’s unofficial tours which were even better.

6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

My wife and I have to baby sit our nieces as their mom had to go to LA for the week to take care of her sister while she recuperates from surgery. But ill ping you. Sorry- its been so damn hectic

7. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    @SoCal to az , great pictures and depth of description. I felt like I was there. Looks and sounds like it was an amazing experience!