McLaren took head on in LA today | FerrariChat

McLaren took head on in LA today

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by bitzman, Nov 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Don't have any details, orange car hit all the way to the windshield. Maybe somebody else has details

2. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    #2 Flash G, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was a lime green 650S Spider.

MCLAREN SPORTS CAR SMASHED UP IN HIT-RUN CRASH IN WOODLAND HILLS

WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A McLaren sports car and two or three other vehicles were involved in a violent collision in Woodland Hills, and at least one of the cars fled the scene, police said.

The neon-green exotic car was badly smashed up at the scene in the 23800 block of Califa Street and an Audi was also damaged.

The drivers of the McLaren and Audi were both transported to the hospital, but there was no immediate word on their condition.

Police said they believe at least one car, possibly two, fled the scene. They believe street racing was involved and witnesses said the McLaren was traveling more than 60 mph on the surface street.

The crash happened around 4:48 p.m. near Hale Charter Academy at Califa and Platt Avenue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    #3 Innovativethinker, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    not good: McLaren sports car crashes in Woodland Hills; two cars flee the scene - LA Times

more details: McLaren sports car destroyed in four-vehicle crash in Los Angeles | Daily Mail Online

News with interview:http://ktla.com/2016/11/01/mclaren-apparently-totaled-in-4-car-crash-in-woodland-hills-2-hospitalized/

McLaren sports car and another vehicle crashed Tuesday evening in Woodland Hills, and two other vehicles fled the scene, police said.

The collision occurred just before 5 p.m. at Califa Street and Platt Avenue, according to Officer Tony Im, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department.

It’s unknown what led to the crash. Aerial footage from KTLA-TV showed the wrecked McLaren partly on a sidewalk, with debris strewn about the pavement.

Two people were taken to a hospital with injuries, Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey told KTLA-TV.

The medical condition of the two people was not known.

4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Tub looks like it did it's job. Front end obliterated, but cabin looks in tact with no obvious signs of intrusion. Of course there were still probably some massive forces at play. Driver condition is anyone's guess.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If this were a Toyota Camry no one would care.

Idiots in super sports cars who race on the streets are morons who ruin it for the rest of us. Eventually there will be software limits imposed by governments to "protect the public"

Apparently the driver is OK but has some injuries.

6. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    exactly!

7. gated_shifter

gated_shifter Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2015
    Plano, TX
    60?? you've got to be kidding! that damage looks far too severe for only 60mph. i'm surprised the front end was wiped away as much as it was.

8. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I think it was a head-on collision? Hope everyone involved is okay, looks pretty scary from the pics.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Here's a youtube video of an Alfa 4c in Casablanca that hit a pole from side at high speed.

There is literally nothing left of the car except for the CF tub. Everything else is scattered and unrecognizable.

Both passengers OK.

CF is the future of safety, performance, and economy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhBtZzQ0Lqk[/ame]

10. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    More than 60. In the case of a 650S that's anywhere from 61 up to about 210... And yea I agree with The Mayor that carbon tubs are the future, and suspect that at some point they'll become commonplace as construction techniques are refined and costs come down. When this level of safety available it will find a way into the mainstream.

11. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith

I'd like to say I'm a better man, but I have on occasion street raced. Hard for me not too when facing a challenge. Too much of an Alpha.

Maybe not around schools and rarely on city streets, but I've been guilty of this in the past.

Maybe I need a plate that says...

12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Indeed. The cabin looks intact.

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep, that's considered in several countries, and incidents like this give ammunitions to the legislators.

14. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I was in the area after the accident. From what I heard, the McLaren was involved in race against a Challenger, McL smashed head-on with an Audi at a high rate of speed.

Thankfully, reports indicate that the 70-year-old male driving the Audi survived, though his condition hasn’t been released. Same applies for the 40-ish McLaren driver.