Mclaren warranty service question | FerrariChat

Mclaren warranty service question

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by drkillabrew, May 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drkillabrew

drkillabrew Rookie

Sep 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel Woodson
    I'm considering buying a late-model used 720S that's still under warranty. Most likely in CA or NC, having it delivered to central TX, where the closest dealership is either 2.5 hours away in Houston, or 3.5 hours away in Dallas. I've inferred from various web chat discussions that the Mclaren dealerships will pick-up/drop-off any vehicle requiring warranty service. Should I expect the same, even though I'll be 2-3 hours from the nearest dealership?

2. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Not 100% sure if true but I have heard that some dealers will, some dealers won't, all has to do if you bought your car from that specific dealer.

I would call them directly and ask, they might get the car you want in for you then you have an established relationship with said dealership in TX.

In Canada all Mclaren dealerships are owned by Pfaff so much easier process, I can go to multiple locations, mind you closest location is 7 hours away ;).

3. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    Mclaren will pay for towing if the car is undriveable and under warranty. Getting it back to your residence might be on your dime. I doubt it would be free if you had a broken passenger window switch. My dealer is currently offering free pickup and return for the yearly service but not for my 720S since I’m 80 miles away. As stated it would be best to verify with the dealer.

4. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE
    ANY ONE KNOW OF GOOD DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY OTHER THAN MCLAREN? 2014 SPIDER, DEALER WANTS 6000/YEAR
    THANKS
    BOB

5. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Are you asking about other car manufacturers' warranties or asking about an aftermarket or third party extended warranty for a mclaren? I'm not sure the latter exists but could be wrong, does car shield do exotics?

6. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE
    BOUGHT 3 YEAR BUMPER TO BUMPER FROM TOTAL AUTO PROTECT FOR $6480 AND IT IS TRANSFERABLE, GOOD COVERAGE. SEEMS TO BE BEST DEAL OUT THERE.

7. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE

8. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Is it a real extension of original warranty? same terms? Because my experience with 3rd parties like car shield is they say it is a warranty but it is more like insurance and doesn't cover same as original warranty. Total Auto seems like a very good service tho!