McLarens Make Everyone Smile... | FerrariChat

McLarens Make Everyone Smile...

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Ingenere, Jun 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    After driving Ferraris for 30 years and getting everything from a thumbs up to a middle finger, I find that McLarens bring out the best in people and just makes them smile.

This afternoon my wife and I were leaving a restaurant and as I am about to get in the car I feel the presence of someone behind me. It was a 20 something that had never been close to a McLaren (or anything exotic) before and he asked if he could see the interior. After he had a look, he thanked me and I asked if he wanted to sit in it. He was shocked at the offer, but started grinning from ear to ear and got in. He went on and on about the alcantara, the dash and how comfortable the race seats are.

After he got out, his buddy had joined us and I offered him the same seat, and he politely asked if he could have a ride. My wife and I weren't in a hurry, so into the passenger seat he goes. The doors close, engine comes to life and off we go...

He said that he was an adrenaline junkie, so I asked if he wanted to feel the acceleration. He nodded and I gave him the full 6 sec to 100 run and as expected it makes passengers giggles uncontrollably, followed by holy...... that's fast!

I dropped him off with his buddy and by this time the restaurant staff was outside taking pictures and my wife and I were off. I'm sure they will be telling this story for a while, and hopefully it will inspire them to go reach for their dreams, as we all have.

aaronrgonz and Night life like this.
  2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Great story - it’s always fun to share the experience!

3. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Very cool story. He will never forget it - I'm sure you wont either.