MD Safety Inspection | FerrariChat

MD Safety Inspection

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dc-spyder, Jun 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dc-spyder

dc-spyder Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Well, after a lot of logistical finageling on my part, I was finally able to get my car to Fernando for its MD safety inspection. Not surprisingly, the 2011 458 with 1500 miles on it passed the safety inspection without any issues.

There are undoubtedly less expensive ways to get your car's safety inspection done, but none that includes a Ferrari master mechanic personally overseeing the inspection and protecting and treating your car as if it were his own.

Thanks for helping me out and I hope that I don't need your services again for a long time!

:)

2. PRS Guitarist

PRS Guitarist Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2013
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The Peoples Republic of Maryland is the only state I have ever lived in where they will go through your quarter-of-a-million-dollar car with a fine tooth comb at great expense to you only to let a 1988 surplus auctioned police cruiser that belches black smoke and leaves a parts trail behind it roam free on the highways. I also (Proactively) took my new 550 to the emissions station only to be turned away because it's not due until January. I looked quizzically at the attendant and inquired if he really wanted me to bring the car back in the snow instead of testing it in November when the weather is a little more agreeable? He stated that Maryland (In it's infinite wisdom) decided that this would not be permissible. Additionally, during the legislative session, a bill was introduced that would waiver import cars and exotics that did not have a front license plate mounts from the 2 plate restriction. The bill was never voted on and died because the elected morons in Annapolis were too busy attempting to disarm the citizens and make firearm ownership as difficult as possible. It seems that these guys will spend money we don't have to buy overpriced rims for a car that doesn't run. JMHO.

3. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I agree 100% I have had and have quite a few 20 year old classic cars.....no inspection and then I purchase a 1998 F 355 and need and inspection. I mean I get it......I really do.........What O'Malley and Miller and Busch did for gun sales was impressive.

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Used to be 25 years. I guess the liberal Dems like cars so they lowered it to 20. It's a great deal for the collector. Cheap tags, cheap ins. but what scares me is that because an initial safety inspection is not required it is only a matter of time till a bigger hillbilly than me gets his historic tags on his 1973 chevy pick up with the rusted body and brake lines and runs the intersection and kills someone. My insurance company wanted pictures of my cars, I am sure to make sure they were not a piece of crap. With regular car insurance you avoid the inspection and smog test but still pay regular rates. Don't get me started on guns. The liberal feel good retards in our legislature think they have the answer to combat crime and violence. People who know nothing about guns should not be allowed to make gun laws! Make sure you get out and vote in 2016. Let's take our country back!!!

5. Cardell38

Cardell38 Rookie

May 11, 2016
    Eurowerks Autos LLC
    7558 Rickenbacker Drive
    Gaitherburg, Maryland 20879

6. Cardell38

Cardell38 Rookie

May 11, 2016
    Had I known the actual address I would have taken my Ferrari 360 to the inspection station myself and cut out the middle man. In case anyone needs to have his/her Ferrari inspected here is the address:

Eurowerks Autos LLC

7558 Rickenbacker Drive

Gaithersburg, MD 20879

7. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    is this the "only" place?

Any recommendations for an inspection near Columbia?

8. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
  9. BCS

BCS Karting

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ/NY
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Any that are "mod friendly". I need that shop! Pm me if you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. BCS

BCS Karting

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ/NY
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Bump? Turns out I need a safety inspection as well as emissions. I do have tinted glass etc. will that pose a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yes, I have the same problem in PA. I am going to wait until the Spring for the inspection to get it on the correct cycle. I don't drive the car between now and then anyway.

12. kambakht

kambakht Rookie

May 10, 2017
    Anyone know of any place that I can get my car inspected in the Baltimore area who are sincere? I have tints too - assuming those need to come off.