Meet on Sunday | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Meet on Sunday

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bobafett, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Vincent, you'll get another chance to see the Dino, as I hope to get in on the next get together.

Dan, I had to get back to family affairs, so I came down Big Basin. I thought I could drive the Dino somewat fast around tight turns, but the two Lotus following me stuck to me like I was crawling...
    See you at Santana Row sometime :)

Again, thanks for organizing and I definitely wish to attend more. Again South Bay is good for me... I still don't trust the Dino to go too far from home... I have this local flat bed tow truck op who knows me and the car very well :)

p.s. where is Moonside Bakery?

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Here are some more pictures, courstesy of Baron Fung (driving the silver 360):

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  12. v8esprit

v8esprit Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Absolutely a good time. It was cool to hang out with all you guys. Interestingly, let me tell you my take on the whole cop sighting.

Faisal and I had been jockeying for position along Hwy 1. I had managed to get in front of him and another car. As we were heading up this grade, I turn to my passenger and commented on how beautiful the sea was to the right of us. As soon as I let my gaurd down, Faisal flew right in front of me. So I regretted my lapse of concentration. Continuing to the top there was a "slow" car in front of us. I, and you shouldn't either, don't pass on an incline, as you don't know what's coming over the hill. Well, Faisal was definately headed across the lane, front rear tire over the median, and at that moment, the cop came over the crest. Faisal shot right back into his lane. The cop flew right by us. I didn't see any lights or brakes from him and we continued right along.

It wasn't until we got to the next stop that I learned about how he came after us. Anyway, glad to have the interference and an incident free day.

-Lox

13. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    GREAT run! Glad we got a little driving in ;)

Faisal- always a treat driving with you, you always have SO MUCH FUN corrupting the youth of this land (ROCKSTAR^H^H^H^H Dan and I :)

LOX- you're a very cool dude, and one hell of a driver! thanks for hosting us at your place for delicious Fred Steak!

I think the highlight of my day came while riding in Norm's amazing LeMans blue 360. Dan was infront of us at a light after a pretty sedate drive down 92, which is 1 lane and infested with traffic. Well, to Dan and Faisal it was 2 lanes briefly but we won't discuss that!)
    So, Dan's at the light, and decides to pull a 'chinese fire drill.' Something about a 550Maranello driver pulling such a drill struck me as the funniest damn thing I had seen in a long time! Thanks dude, I needed that!

Best!
    Ben.

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I still don't know what's Chinese about it! I almost considered telling Norm to move into mine, but I figured he wouldn't be that on the ball! :D

--Dan

15. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
  16. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Good stuff man, thanks for posting it.

--Dan

17. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Anything you want to add about our drive back from Lox's????!!!!

18. baron

baron Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I just signed up for the board...just want to say hi. We had a good time. Looking forward to the next trip.

Baron

19. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Drive back from Lox's? What's to speak of? We were doing 65mph in the 3rd lane, except where the advised limit for the off-ramp dropped to 55... :D :p

--Dan

PS: Baron - good to have you aboard!

20. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    thanks for taking pics of my Dino... the angle of the picture(s) flatter Sergio Pininfarina sense of style.

Anyway, I would like to say that having a group of other enthusiasts to drive and share your car with makes owning a Ferrari all that more fun.

Looking forward to next drive.

21. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    "Damn that Faisal, I'm usually such a <Bwwwippp! *Chirp* WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!> calm and sedate <Chirp WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!> {whoosh} {whish} driver <Chirp WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!> {woosh} {woosh} {woosh} when he's not around! <Chirp WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!>

Ben: "Look at him, such a bad influence on us! He's grinning like a kid in a candy store!"
    Dan: "Yeah, I blame him entirely, this is all his fault [winks] <Bwwwippp!> <Bwwwippp!> <Chirp WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!>

The rest could basically be described as "formation flying" rather than anything else. These two should be stunt drivers for the next Bad Boys movie. Traffic? What traffic? I see a lot of foking-huge faded cones, but no traffic.

They've got amazing command of where they place their cars, and while we were traveling at an elevated rate of speed, I never once was in fear for my life, just for the turnoff for Faisal's house that would signal the end of our romp for the day!

Good stuff, let's do it again!