Meeting over.. bad news expected and Stoddart REFUSED entry | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Meeting over.. bad news expected and Stoddart REFUSED entry

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Prova85, Jun 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    They will likely also be watching the spectator counts at the next few venues, although I suspect the crowds will not deminish, and sponsorship
    reactions.

Crowd counts go down, sponsors start to pull out, then major action will
    be necessary but it all may be a lot to do about nothing in the end.

BHW

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    One more thought about the main ruling....

"They where guilty of wrongfully refused to allow their cars to start the race having regard to their right to use the pitlane on each lap"

With only 6 cars running... didn't we see the two Ferraris almost crash as MS exited from the pit?
    Now do the math ( number of laps x 14 cars would = 1,000's of times for this to happen durring the race)

That's the FIA's safety solution?

3. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I would like to see exactly in the regulations where it says the teams MUST have a tire safe enough to race on. The way I read it, it is only a suggestion.

How can Stoddart be banned from the meeting? On what grounds?

In my opinion,Max and Bernie have now officially destroyed F1.

Why in the world should any team contacted to Michelin spend the money to run races when the FIA can do what they want in September?

The Michelin teams should ban together and demand both Max and Bernie step down, or they will not run.

4. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=24989
    Also, BAR have not received any extra punishment, although in theory they should have.

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Easy. He wasn't invited as he was a Bridgestone runner.

6. CG1

CG1 Rookie

Jun 27, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chip
    Minardi does not run Michelin tires. The only teams that were invited were those who were accused of violations.

Jean Todt was invited to clear any misconceptions that Ferrari had anything to do with the decision making process. Stoddart had nothing to do with the violations.

It is also necessary that inorder to have a civilized hearing, barking dogs should not be allowed to enter the room.

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

Yes, but Todt is and he was invited in.

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Just for the Fchat record, I was NOT invited either and my 308 has Bridgestones.

9. CG1

CG1 Rookie

Jun 27, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chip
    Jean Todt was invited to clear any misconceptions that Ferrari had anything to do with the decision making process. Stoddart had nothing to do with the violations.

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually Bernie had nothing to do with this ruling. He is not FIA.

I agree however that he should retire. Along with Mosley, Dupasquier and Whiting for what they did at the USGP.

Also I'm happy to see that Mosley didn't ban BAR. There is still hope, that some neural functions are left in his head.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Exactly.

However I can't shake the feeling that there is some personal revenge going on between Mosley and Stoddart, who wants Max's job.

I was no fan of Stoddart, but his thumbs down during the USGP (where his cars were in the points!) has truly endeared him in my heart. While he could have been happy as a clam that his backmarker cars finally made some points and TV appearance, he realized the greater picture of the sport and took the side of the fans.

I hated him in Melbourne, but I loved him in Indy.

12. CG1

CG1 Rookie

Jun 27, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chip
    The shark from Australia smells blood and knows how to capitalize on a dismal situation. Do you really think he cares about the fans?

Don't you realize that this is his way of shaming Moseley in public and nothing more?

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Could be.

But there were three reactions possible: Jubilant like Monteiro (why, I dunno), neutral like Todt or negative as he was.

Yes he makes Max look bad. But he also takes a gamble doing that. And quite frankly, I liked it. For whatever reasons, finally somebody who thinks of us.

14. CG1

CG1 Rookie

Jun 27, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chip
    Three reactions:
    Monteiro: When someone wins a million dollar lottery, they are jubilant too! "(why, I dunno)"

Jean Todt: Knowing that his cars could have won without the help of the Michelin Fiasco and getting blamed for something he had no part of. (Understandably negative)

Paul Stoddart: Sensing an opportunity to net points as well as make a scene to degrade respectable FIA officials. A gamble, I think not.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I didn't realize the man is clear voyant.

16. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    What a circus! Michelein has no contactual obligation to the FIA. They can simply say we choose to no longer be involved in F1 unless Bernie and Max step down. The Michelin teams DO have a contactual obligation to the FIA to show up, but how could they without tires? Would the FIA actually attempt to sue all 9 teams? Not making a decision was a very stupid move, and it puts Michelin in control of the future of F1.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I see it the other way around: The teams are basically put on probation, so they will have the utmost interest that their tires will work going forward. They will put huge pressure on Michelin. Michelin is not in control at all. I bet the teams could swap to BS if they wanted to.

I don't know the procedures on choosing a single tire supplier, but would imagine the FIA has a huge say in that too. So Michelin better behave towards 2007 or they might not get the call.

18. CG1

CG1 Rookie

Jun 27, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chip
    Not a clairvoyant, just a determined leader who has been wrongly accused by other team principals.

On a more related note:
    Mosely will not touch the points of teams and drivers. Just fines.

"Personally I am very reluctant to do anything with points unless what the person has done affected their sporting performance," he said.

He warned that the FIA could, however, impose "a series of enormous fines" on the teams with which to compensate fans if it decided not enough had been done when the council met again in September.

-Reuters

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ah, thanks for that. That's helpful to know.

The man does have some sense left in him. And I would actually agree with him, that this is a good way to handle it. Don't mess with points, but hit them in the pocket book.

I also like the FIA's stick about the teams having to come up with something for the fans. Who knows, we might see some spectacular "Marlboro days at Zolder" or some "Fan appreciation event at Goodwood". Good way forward.

20. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I believe the teams are contracted to Michelin, rather than the other way around. Michelin can simply stop supplying tires and the teams have no recourse, if I am correct. It also must be remembered that the Michelin team are in the majority. They supported Michelin's stance at the USGP, so there is no reason to believe they would switch sides now and turn to Bridgestone. Looks to me that Bernie and Max must step down or there will be a new "F1" series in 2006 rather than 2008.

21. CG1

CG1 Rookie

Jun 27, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chip
    Mr Pierre Dupasquier, Michelin Director of Competition has been asked by Mr. Edouard Michelin, the Chief Executive of Michelin, to make sure that no tire failures occur for the remainder of the races regardless of performance.

This will inevitably mean that Michelin will come to Magny Cours with two sets of tires both with safe specifications. A good time for Bridgestone teams to go on the offensive.

A consideration about engines:

The three Bridgestone teams that completed the USGP will be at a slight disadvantage. The Michelin teams did not complete the USGP and their engines were not utilized as much. Since engines must be used for two races in a row, the Seven teams can adopt a more aggresive setting at Magny-cours.

All in all, can we please get back to regular F1 racing and put an end to the circus.

22. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=24992

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Reading some more of the press reviews and Max' statements it sounds highly unlikely that they will tamper with drivers points. At the most they might take away team points, but even that seems unlikely.

Let's bring on Magny Cours and a real race!

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm. Who could that be?

25. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    If Michelin is going to be concerned about saftety and not making a competitive tire for the rest of the season, are the teams going to go along with this? I would like to see exactly how the contracts between Michelin and the teams read. It's my understanding that that IF they race, they are obligated to race on Michelins, but that they are not legally obligated to Michelin to race...only to the FIA.

I see the only way out now is for the FIA to make an announcement that there will be no penalties assessed to anyone; that the loss of potential points due to withdrawal was enough. The longer they wait, the more the potential for additional problems.