Mega Thread: The FERRARI F50 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Mega Thread: The FERRARI F50

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by NOWANNABE65, Mar 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    #101 JH, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
    Well, Gus will not be back. I can tell you that.

This board is too stuck up sometimes. Seriously. This section has gotten REALLY boring lately, and someone makes a little fun. That's not world ending stuff. And come on.. since when is it a criminal offense on Fchat to not break of a joke? didn't see that in the rules anywhere. And so what if a thread gets 12 "!" when you know its a joke? - Delete the emails.. I get 500 spam mails a day, and doesn't really annoy me as much as it sound like a "!" annoys you. Lighten up Moderators.. This site has to have some fun sometimes, also outside OT.

We truly lost a very cool and contributing member in Gus. I sure will miss him.

2. 98GMEater

98GMEater Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 9, 2006
    What a ***** ass board. "Take a time-out". "He brought up my name" What are you mods, ****ing ***gets??? This is worse than the Corvette boards where everyone is 70 years old and dress weird. Grow some balls in those old saggy sacs, thanks for the inevitable ban.

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Welcome back Gus!

4. shigs@ferrari

shigs@ferrari Karting

Jul 30, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Michael S
    loool

5. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Its ***gots, not "***gets", jeez you should have went to English school! :D

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#106 dm_n_stuff, May 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No problem. :D

And who says we dress weird??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. MercedesSL600Man

May 20, 2005
    Broomfield, CO
    Full Name:
    BC
    You wild and crazy guy...

8. dbaker89

dbaker89 Formula 3

Sep 29, 2007
    Reno, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I'm on the phone with Gus now, and this isn't him.

Dan

9. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    I completely understand the ban - Dave gives his time graciously, and I'm sure he has better things to do than respond to stupid jokes (no, it wasn't very funny). There is no point in making him more work. Yes, I know he volunteers for this, and doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want to, but that's still no reason to create problems for him.

Good luck Dave.

Peter

10. dbaker89

dbaker89 Formula 3

Sep 29, 2007
    Reno, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Gus will have a statement out here momentarily.

11. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Awe man. It took GMeater two whole years to produce one post and you ban him? :D

I too have heard from Gus. He is very sorry for what he did and I am 99% sure he will behave. As Dave said, he will be ok when he gets back from his break. No worries people.
    Word has it Gus' wife is happy to have him back in the meantime ;)

12. MercedesSL600Man

May 20, 2005
    Broomfield, CO
    Full Name:
    BC
    "A press conference has been scheduled in the Super Ferraris forum this evening..."

13. dbaker89

dbaker89 Formula 3

Sep 29, 2007
    Reno, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    "Good Evening, Everyone;

I am writing this letter to clarify exactly what transpired within the past couple of days with my threads/posts in Ferrari Chat.

Gene Berns is one of my best friends in this world. I really like and love the guy but he has been depressed recently due to a lot of pressure at work. I did correspond with Gene via Ferrari Chat and some of the jokes were pulled but by no means to hurt anyone. The main reason I did it was to cheer him up and liven the Chat room a bit and provide some laughter. I did receive a PM this morning from Dave M., the moderator but did not check it until I posted two more comments. I then read the PM and he seemed concerned that I got into an argument with Gene. I told him that that was not the case and that we were just trying to liven up the Chatroom and not to worry. I told him that I will apologize to people that did not get the joke later this morning. I then get a nasty response back saying that I am banned.

First of all, I like to thank Rob Lay and his staff for creating a wonderful site where I have learned a wealth of information and have met dozens of lifelong friends on this forum. I even met young people the age of my children who aspire to be successful and it is a pleasure to help them out. I also like to thank Vasco, the Moderator from Canada, who was extremely helpful in utilizing Ferrari Chat and extremely informative. There are wonderful people in this forum and I respect them all, including people like Andrew Menansce who is one of the most intelligent young man I have met. If I offended anyone with trying to liven up the atmosphere, I do sincerely apologize.

I really do not believe I did anything wrong this morning nor do I think I deserve the treatment I have gotten by Dave M., who supposedly is a representative of Ferrari Chat. I could not believe an individual can act so power hungry and utmost rude. I do realize there are two sides of the story, and my side is that it seems I got punished and humiliated for something I did not do. I will no longer be a member of Ferrari Chat but do recommend to the board of Directors of Ferrari Chat that you will lose more members who could be a positive influence in the Ferrari Chat community if you have Dave as a moderator.

I thank you all for having me in your group and like to say so long. I will always be available to the people that I have committed to help in real estate. Remember, the show , My name is Earl? I screwed up so much when I was younger, I need to do some good deeds to see if I can get a ticket to Heaven.

Thanks Again and thank you for the people that are currently supporting me on this thread. Don't hate Dave M, feel sorry for the guy. Maybe this is the only way he can exercise some power.

Gustan"

The above is from Gustan.

I agree with a lot of the sentiment that is here. It was a big confusion and nothing deserving of a 72-hour ban. If you read all of Gustan's posts, you will see a man who has came to the forum eager to learn about his cars and future cars as well as contribute.

Dan

14. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    You musn't leave us, please forgive Dave M and his power ego trip..

15. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    Give Dave a break - at the most it was a misunderstanding. It's a holiday, and he had to spend his Memorial Day sorting out this mess. Far from being power hungry, I would chalk it up to frustration with not being able to just enjoy a break from work. The easiest way to deal with a situation sometimes is to ban the offender, and simply wait until cooler heads prevail. Not often are people so fragile that they have to leave. I'm sure it was not his intention to make Gus leave forever, but merely to restore order to an apparently disorderly situation.

Lesson learned, everybody check their ego at the door and let's get back to talking about these great cars.

Peter

16. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I have to admit, the first time I spoke to Gus I had a difficult time identifying what was a joke and what was serious...but that took all of 2 minutes to figure out. He clearly loves to laugh and have fun....which if you read most of his posts, there's some humor in most every post. Perhaps I'm just more like him than I thought...because I love to jab and have fun too.

That being said...I think a few posts back Dave mentioned two strikes and you're out...shouldn't that be three strikes and then you're out? I dunno, maybe he was just having a bad day...maybe Gus pushed too far, but he did privately and publically apologize and clarify...and I think Geno even jumped in there and supported the humor...granted, maybe it should be in the general section, but he is having fun...and for most of us, a little fun in today's times shouldn't really be taken so seriously.

Just my .02...I enjoy the humor personally...but to each their own. The moderators do a good job of keeping the peace IMHO. I can see how having to moderate the forum on a holiday could have been a little irratating and maybe the ban was hasty...I'm sure all parties will work it out, shake hands and have fun. I don't think Gus is here to make waves, just have fun with some of his buddies and new friends...it's nice to see Geno post some humor, most of his posts are so serious, kind of refreshing if you ask me....not that anyone asked though! LOL LOL LOL

Kevin

17. NYCSpotter

NYCSpotter Formula 3

May 28, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Damian
    LOL! :D

18. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    +1
    Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

19. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    If Gus is so offended by a 72 hour ban for not keeping his word, he probably should take his ball and go play somewhere else. It's fine for him to eat up bandwidth and play around with something that is really meaningless to most people here, but poor sensitive little Gus is crying in his cereal because big bad Dave banned him. Gimme a break! He should take a cue from Joe Sackey who regularly gets banned for shooting his mouth off but he jumps right back when his ban expires and sometimes even provides meaningful and insightful comment (not often, but sometimes is better than nothing).

I'm all for fun and jokes, but like someone else here pointed out, jokes are meant to be funny.

20. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    I know, and Joe is cool. Very cool. Like him a lot. My point is, I don't think he should have been banned in the first place. Now that he have, we can go on about his reaction and bla bla. But Gus didn't break any rules, and I don't think the ban was warranted. It doesnt say anywhere in the rules that joking isnt allowed and that not keeping you word will get your banned. That's all. And while the jokes was going on, it was not that funny I agree.. but after Geno disclosed it, I laughed HARD.. Im sure alot others did too.

I will say that the mods do a terrific job here, and this is the first time I think a mistake have been made, and really dont wanna come off as someone attacking them. I'm not. They are all very good at what they do, and keep this place spam free and trouble free. Appreciate that a lot. But they also have to think about who they ban.. he was a contributing member. If it was somone who didnt contributed with everything, i'd say ban him. But more slack should be given in these misdemeanors to those who have been members either for a long time or those who contribute and is a value or both of those mentioned.

21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Timeline

6:36 AM Eastern Time Monday I sent Gustan a PM advising him that further nonsense in this thread would result in his getting banned.

6:37 AM did same with Geno

11:21 AM GUSTAN acknowledges my PM, and offers his explanation that it's a joke.

12:14 PM I ask him to put an explanation in this thread.

12:40 PM Monday GUSTAN posts this:

12:52 GUSTAN offers to give an explanation in the thread via PM to me.

12:57 gustan posts this

and at 1:03 PM, this
    1:06 PM 72 hour ban for GUSTAN.

How many "!" did I get from this thread? I delete them, so I lost count, but certainly a dozen or more before I banned Gustan.

Now, can we put this to rest?

Dave M.

22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Voila !

This letter is addressed to Dave M.;

Dave,

You are an absolute LIAR and I cannot believe what someone has read to me about the events of the evening. Let me tell my side.

I wake up Monday morning and go to Ferrari Chat. I check to see if Gene responded and he did not. I check my pms and see that Dave pm me concerned about Gene and I arguing over the public forum. I assure Dave M. that it is a friendly joke between Gene and I and no need to be alarmed. Gene and I both assumed that everyone knew we both were horsing around. I VOLUNTEER (I was not asked to) that I will post on the thread that both Gene and I are not serious. You were going to ban me if we were seriously arguing on the forum. I told you we are not. So I think everything is okay. You even shot back a joke stating that "we poor morsels did not realize it was a joke". So, let me repeat, there was no reason now for you to be concerned because it was explained to you this was not a public argument and a way of communication between Gene and I. Members of this forum communicate with each other all the time. You come back rudely and shut me off Ferrari Chat and ban me for 72 Hours. I cannot believe this just happened . Then you go off on a rampage on the public forum and explain your side without giving me a chance. Dave, I have no respect for people like you. I actually feel sorry for people like you. I do not want anything to do with a Forum that has somebody like yourself eavesdropping on my posts/threads so yes, its because of you that I no longer want to be in this fine forum. Use this as a learning experience and take life lite. Don't treat members of Ferrari Chat like they are kids you are babysitting. If you need to make a point or address an issue, do it like a respectable adult instead of a Bully out of control. I can talk to you like a man anytime. You do not hurt me nor am I scared to talk to you. Be a man and call me directly instead of hiding behind your computer like a little weasel. Also, I did not do anything wrong to warrant this nor to deserve the humiliation you have put me through. Hope you are happy.

Gustan

23. dbaker89

dbaker89 Formula 3

Sep 29, 2007
    Reno, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    From Gus:

This letter is addressed to Dave M.;

Dave,

You are an absolute LIAR and I cannot believe what someone has read to me about the events of the evening. Let me tell my side.

I wake up Monday morning and go to Ferrari Chat. I check to see if Gene responded and he did not. I check my pms and see that Dave pm me concerned about Gene and I arguing over the public forum. I assure Dave M. that it is a friendly joke between Gene and I and no need to be alarmed. Gene and I both assumed that everyone knew we both were horsing around. I VOLUNTEER (I was not asked to) that I will post on the thread that both Gene and I are not serious. You were going to ban me if we were seriously arguing on the forum. I told you we are not. So I think everything is okay. You even shot back a joke stating that "we poor morsels did not realize it was a joke". So, let me repeat, there was no reason now for you to be concerned because it was explained to you this was not a public argument and a way of communication between Gene and I. Members of this forum communicate with each other all the time. You come back rudely and shut me off Ferrari Chat and ban me for 72 Hours. I cannot believe this just happened . Then you go off on a rampage on the public forum and explain your side without giving me a chance. Dave, I have no respect for people like you. I actually feel sorry for people like you. I do not want anything to do with a Forum that has somebody like yourself eavesdropping on my posts/threads so yes, its because of you that I no longer want to be in this fine forum. Use this as a learning experience and take life lite. Don't treat members of Ferrari Chat like they are kids you are babysitting. If you need to make a point or address an issue, do it like a respectable adult instead of a Bully out of control. I can talk to you like a man anytime. You do not hurt me nor am I scared to talk to you. Be a man and call me directly instead of hiding behind your computer like a little weasel. Also, I did not do anything wrong to warrant this nor to deserve the humiliation you have put me through. Hope you are happy.

Gustan

-----

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#124 dm_n_stuff, May 27, 2008
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
    I don't make this stuff up, I have all of the PMs associated with the time line I produced. His posting time line speaks for itself.

It was an effort to show the ebb and flow of events. I"m sorry that GUSTAN is unhappy. I try not to make anyone unhappy here.

Beyond that, I'm done with this topic.

Dave M.

25. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    #125 enzo360, May 27, 2008
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
    WOW - talk about overreaction guys!
    If you play ball, you need to play by the rules.
    Go racing, go by the rules.
    Not taking any sides here but in every community moderation is needed. And even those doing that are only human.