Member warning | FerrariChat

Member warning

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by refarri, Oct 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008
    Beware of member Maranello550. Sold item to him which he received ,he got a refund through PayPal and now refuses to return the item or reply to messages..!
    Just a friendly heads up..!

2. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Myself and several friends have been ripped off when using PayPal. Don't trust the service. My last transactions have been done using a lawyer as an intermediary. Good luck and if all else fails, get their local law enforcement on it.

davetilstone and HKS479 like this.
  3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

User indicates through his profile that he's in Hong Kong. Gonna be tough to get any kind of help from law enforcement.

Fingers crossed that posting the info here may get his attention and some action.

D

4. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Why don't we turn this into an active & running warning list of members to watch out for in sales?

5. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Karma is a *****, so you know how it feels Mike!

6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Other forums I'm on have a member feedback section. Seems to work well.

7. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Sorry to hear, thats why I don't use PayPal anymore, I run everything (small) through my square account

Dincenzo likes this.
  8. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I only buy through paypal so I do not get ripped off.
    I think they can really jump on the bandwagon and refund money hefore shippers actually get their product back.
    I order d some stuff and when it came it did not work. Told paypal and got money back next day. If i was crooked could have kept stuff.
    Seller was scared but I sent it back to him. It was electronics and he said it was working and I do not think it was. But worked good from the buyers standpoint.

Stentboy and of2worlds like this.
  9. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Grant - paypal 99% of the time sides with the buyer not seller. Guy on guitar forums have been played big time by dirt bag buyers. I don't accept PP for Sticky RX for this reason.

10. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I agree with this, either the guy sends back the merchandise or paypal refunds the seller at the buyer's expense.

refarri likes this.
  11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I've had nothing but good luck on F-Chat so far, have bought or traded with multiple members. I usually try to work with the "friends and family" part of paypal, different set of rules and regulations, plus you are not paying any ridiculous fees. Can be risky in different ways though. Sorry you are having trouble, I definitely think that since we deal with trades that are usually higher $$, there should definitely be some sort of feedback or accountability system to combat the scammers that may just come here to rip off and move on unscathed...

12. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Must be a reason he got a refund in the first place...

13. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I make no representation either way, but the seller posted this in the Aussie section:

“This member ' Maranello550' bought a large 355 toolkit that I'd advertised on FC , paid via PayPal and I duly sent the kit to him in New York (apparently he's a pilot and was stopping there) !
    The kit didn't arrive in time as was held up by custome who didn't like the tyre inflator ! (Was being sent from Europe)
    The item was returned to me, I removed the inflator and resent to his home address in Sydney Aus..
    He received the kit, but after a couple of weeks said he'd looked at it and decided it wasn't a large kit but a small one ?
    Obviously wrong and .said there were some other issues with it which I offered to rectify, but he promptly obtained a 'chargeback' thorough PayPal without telling me..!
    He has now refused to return the kit or pay a reduced amount that I've offered for kit to help.!
    Refuses to reply to any emails or messages on here !
    Reported to the moderators who have been v helpful but can't really do much.
    So was just letting anyone who may deal with him to be aware..is all..”

I immediately thought to myself that if the buyer lives in Sydney and the item is being sent from Europe why the **** would you send it to New York where the buyer would supposedly be for a very short time and then he’d have to take it to Sydney anyway?
    Makes no sense. Regardless, if money has been refunded the item should be returned.

For the record, I’ve been ripped off buying an item on here which was obviously defective when it arrived but the seller disappeared quick smart. Cost me well over $1000.

14. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    I know hind sight is 20/20 but a word to the wise, Always Do A Bank Wire Transfer, it’s final!

Mickster likes this.
  15. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Um. No? A bank wire leaves you with zero fallback... ask me how I know. Do you mean final as in receiving funds?

If anything PayPal is the “cheapest” security available if a sale fails, or purchase goes haywire.

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Paypal is great if you're a buyer (good or bad) not so much if you're a seller with a unscrupulous buyer.

I stopped using paypal years ago when I got burned for about $1500 by a seller, BEFORE PayPal put in all of its security measures for buyers.

D

refarri likes this.
  17. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    I've had nothing but good luck as well. Then again I only deals with ppl who have been around a long time with a history with the rest of the guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

18. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Forgot to mention, we should start a rating sys

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

19. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i have sold everything from $200 car covers, $2500 brake kits and $13,000 wheels to other fchatters via personeel check, wire, paypal.

knock on wood i have never had a problem. good bunch of guys here

20. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    I lost 1000 euro on this member 'REFARRI'...so who should we beware of... Seems he has issues with more embers here... I have sent many tire inflators around the globe, never any issues.

21. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    BTW, the tire inflator is liquid butane and not able to be sent via normal mail, nor transported via aircraft in luggage.

refarri likes this.
  22. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I think this response deserves some credit.....

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/reaction-to-new-fchat.560017/page-8#post-145620164

23. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Not trying to stir **** but did you pay for shipping it back?

I know when it happened to me I got ripped off for the shipping but I wanted it fixed and resent back to me. Seller likely kept item or threw it out because it was not worth fixing. Just a guess though, or tried to rip me off and got caught.

24. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Have Steve pop in and pick it up for you. Ha ha
    Be a good road trip for the F1

25. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Read the response I put up.It will become clearer.