Memorial Day. Pocono or the Glen?? | FerrariChat

Memorial Day. Pocono or the Glen??

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Diablo, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I was just wondering what most of you guys are doing?

Either going to Watkins Glen or Pocono raceway. Or even staying home with the family, which is what I'm going to be doing.

2. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Wow I can't wait, summer is coming soon.

3. Athrill

Athrill Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    Metro New York
    Although Watkins Glen is a fantastic track, this year I'll be going to Pocono for Memorial Day. This year the FOC raised their Glen track fee by $160 (to $595) for their weekend event. I think it's too much money compared to what the FCA charges. There's an FCA mid-week at Watkins Glen on May 12-13 for $375. Two days at Pocono is $325. I can do the Glen plus Pocono for $105 more than the FOC wants for their weekend.

4. ACRDave

ACRDave Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    I was woundering if any of you guys plain on going to Pocono's on April 30th ?

5. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

You can do Pocono for $225.00 for 2 days at Le Belle Macchine d'Italia June 25 - 28. This is the Original Pocono Event and the Largest 3 Day Italian Car Event in North America.

Special Guests include Former FNA President & Automobili Lamborghini CEO Dott. Giuseppe (Joe) Greco, Legendary Lamborghini Test Driver Valentino Balboni, 365 California Spyder & 330 GT designer Tom Tjaarda, Iso Rivolta President Piero Rivolta.

The event will host:
    * "Sports Car Market" Historic Maserati Reunion
    * FLI/NE Multi Region East Coast Annual Meet
    * Lamborghini Owner's Club National Meet
    * Maserati Club International - Maserati Owner's National Meet
    * Pantera Owner's Club of America - Panteras at Pocono
    * Iso Bizzarrini Owners Club East Coast Annual Meet
    * Alfa Romeo Owners Club East Coast Annual Summer Festival
    * Intermeccanica Enthusiast Club East Coast Annual Meet*
    * Lamborghini Club of America East Coast Annual Meet

Visit the event website at www.italiancarsatpocono.com

6. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    i would like to go to la Belle Machine d'Italie in june, but was wondering how it works if you go just as a spectator. unfortunately i do not have a belle machine d'italie, but i would love to go and check out the cars. is there a certain day/time when spectators can go and check out the cars? thanks

7. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I was there last year and plan to be there this year. Saturday was the Concours day where the public could come in and check out the cars. I'm pretty sure spectators aren't allowed to attend the track events but if I'm wrong please let me know :)

edit: here are a few pictures from the event (The galleries prefixed with "Poconos"). http://www.gostek.com/pics/