Mendocino | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mendocino

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by mannytranny, Jun 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    So where are you guys going to drive?

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Faisal:

Why will the roads be clogged this saturday?

--Dan

3. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I may have something going the 4th, but I can sure plan a nice route for August to Mendocino.

We can come down the coast, then cut back inland at Jenner. (This will turn the drive into an early-starting all-day marathon!)

Faisal- I'm doing Yosemitie. Leave early AM and get there by 11. Wanna ride in the 7? If roads are crowded we'll just crank up a CD. If not, we'll try to not cook the brakes :)

4. Wankel

Wankel Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cock-Pit
    You guys think you might stop anywhere to eat or something? Because I would love to know: so I could meet you guys and possibly get some photos and a ride, lol j/p.

5. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    so is this trip a go? Where was it decided at? I would like to tag along with you guys.

6. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Plenty of people have said they are coming, so it's definitely a go. We are meeting at Ferrari of San Francisco on Saturday, July 3rd, at 9am. I will be planning the route later today, and I will post it here.

I will also look into group discounts at nice eateries in Mendocino, but if I can't arrange anything, we will just wing it.

Dan, Ben...IMO, you go to Yosemite to enjoy the scenery and commune with nature, not for spirited driving. You couldn't do any driving of that sort even it wasn't a crowded holiday weekend...Yosemite is chock-full of troopers. I guarantee you will be trundling along at 5-15mph for a good portion of the time you are there. If you are not staying for 2-3 days, the crawl is simply not worth it.

7. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Faisal- I may yet join you on the 3rd :)

The route down 1 is awesome, but quite long and not very fast (or safe to go fast, gravel, water, blind turns, etc.) It's something to do, but add a few hours.

PS: Yosemetie was pretty good traffic wise, hit 120 three times (in the 750), and on the way back on highway 120, the curvy section was *deserted!* for a good 5-6 miles of pure twisty smooth bliss.

We did putt-putt through the valley floor, most of the time voulentarily. No need to speed through that kind of majesty. The 2nd pic is endemic of the day.