Mentioned this in events too, taking pictures at dawn | FerrariChat

Mentioned this in events too, taking pictures at dawn

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, May 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I normally shoot pictures at car shows in the daytime.
    When the sun is up.
    But since I am now shooting for the possibility of making paintings I need the car's surfaces defined by the rising sun
    hence necessity to get there early to "paint with light
    " a la Ansel Adams.Here's a story of the shots I took, some I rejected before choosing one. Since made four paintings from shooting at the event but am too computer unsavvy to know how to post them

Painting with Light: From Digital to Analog

Anyhow anybody else shooting at sunrise? I use a Canon point and shoot A2300 which seems to have a slightly wide angle lense

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    He got some good shots, flying the camera alongside me as I am driving a convertible (maybe his regular camera was in the car recording me as I am talking). But a car coming out way was spooked by the drone so it's a little dicey where there's other cars around and I am scared to have him come to a concours lest it crash into a car or the crowd but maybe I should have had him take it to LaJolla where it's right on the ocean and he could have had the camera out over the water. I wonder what Pebble Beach says about drones?

By the way the videographer's drone cost $1200