News

Merak LHM Clutch bleed

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by am117au, May 27, 2014.

1. am117au

am117au Karting

Apr 22, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg G
    Hi all.
    I have just installed a reconditioned clutch master cylinder in my 74 Merak with LHM.
    I cant get the LHM to fill and bleed at the master cylinder. I have jacked up the back of the car without success. Any ideas how to get the LHM to the master cylinder.

2. staatsof

staatsof Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I haven't bled a LHM clutch circuit before. Send Jason a pm he's just finished doing his Merak and everything went well.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/143141255-post67.html

3. thecarnut

thecarnut Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    It was many years ago so excuse me if I am wrong but I recall working on a Khamsin that the clutch master cylinder reservoir was connected to the brake switch return line. Try pumping the brakes while the system is pressurized to see if LHM fluid gets to the clutch master.

Ivan

4. staatsof

staatsof Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ivan,

Is there a bleed screw on the slave? Maybe he needs to open that before anything will get to the master?

One those LHM system functional diagrams would be helpful or just the plumbing from the parts manual perhaps.

5. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    #5 JasonMiller, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. 3pedal360

3pedal360 Rookie

Jan 11, 2013
    How were you able to get the clutch to bleed I have a 74 Merak and have the diagram however I'm getting fluid from the bleeder but no pressure is building at the clutch pedal. Thanks for the input.

7. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    If you want to PM me your number I can give you a ring, its probably easier than typing out a bunch of suggestions,

thanks

8. belfry

belfry Karting

May 14, 2015
    I have this issue following my Merak’s Winter hibernation. Did you every figure this out?