Merged: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 134282...!!! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Merged: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, 134282...!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 134282, Aug 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Andy Cohen owns BHCC, yes, but do you know if he decided to keep that Enzo for himself...?

2. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wolfgang...! Those black ones are 138647 and 136079... 138647 could use a black interior... :D

3. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I agree. Follow your bliss, Mr. McCoy. Just make sure it leads you out of the house every once in a while! ;)

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Well, even if he didn´t have a plan? So what? There´s some emotion in this as well, not only rational means-to-an-end thinking. Owning (and driving!!) an Enzo requires consirable wealth. Wealth most of us will never achieve. This is not a problem in itself. It starts to be a problem once you cannot accept reality. I have seen no evidence whatsoever Carbon is losing his grip on reality. So what he likes Ferrari´s? We all do. So what he likes Enzo´s? Some of us do (without even coming close to owning one). So what he really really really likes a specific Enzo?

It´s all good fun. Nobody gets hurt. And who knows, maybe one day Carbon will find himself in the opportunity to buy an Enzo. Maybe even 134282. There´s no one I´d like to have it most.

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thanks, Marnix... i appreciate your kind words (and your sensibility!)... This whole thing was supposed to be very light-hearted and some people, i think, are missing the point...

6. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    really? how come we'll never see it? what part of the area.

7. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    i believe VA beach

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It's been spotted in the area at a night club... i hope you guys had a drink last night or will have one now or tonight in celebration of the birth of the most beautiful car in the world... :)

9. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    Carbon, I was under the impression that you actualy WANT one day to own an Enzo, if owning the Enzo or the like is not on your agenda than I take back everything I said in this thread and wish happy Bday to your virtual friend.
    Simple people do not own Enzos, only those who dream of it and wake up in the morning to realize they need to do something to achive it, the rest do not want to be bothered.
    Sorry if I bothered you buddy, Happy Bday 134282 may all your wishes come thru and you grow up to be an old Ferrari.

10. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Remember me when you enter into your kingdom...er, I mean give me a ride in the Enzo!

11. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Thats ok. Just promise me a ride in your Enzo.

;)

12. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Great minds...

13. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Carb--Seriously do you know who actually owns the car??

14. TRDFM

TRDFM Karting

Jun 19, 2004
    Are people not supposed to know about this?

The owner is a celebrity (major hip-hop producer out of VA Beach).

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Could you possibly be any more condescending...? Joe, let me give you an example of something...

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that i make $100K a year - which i don't - but let's just say i do... Let's also say that, for some miraculous reason, i don't have to pay ANY taxes.. On top of that, let's say that i don't need to spend one DIME for ANYthing... Not gas, not food, nothing... Everything i need just magically appears - water, toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, food, car insurance, laundry detergent - i have absolutely no reason to spend a penny... If i were somehow able to pull that magical feat off, it would still take me TEN YEARS to save up enough money to buy an Enzo... On top of that, i would have NO money left for ANYthing else...

i don't understand some people on this board... Half of you say that no one should have a Ferrari if it means living beyond your means and the other half of you say pinch every penny until you can afford a Ferrari... Gotta tell you, Joe, i agree with the first half... What's the fun in having a Ferrari if i'm not gonna be able to afford the major service it will undoubtedly need within my first year of ownership...? So i should pinch every penny, right...? Once i get to where i have enough money to buy a Ferrari, i should abstain and keep pinching... Then once i have enough money for a Ferrari and a nice chunk of change set aside for any possible maintenance issues, what do i do...? Do i buy the car then...? How long will that be...? i could get hit by a bus tomorrow... i could also win the lottery tomorrow... Both have pretty astronomical odds and so does enjoying life if i pinch every penny... My Ferrari will come... i'm working hard for it... But right now is not the time for me to own one... Even if one magically appeared in my driveway, it would still be the wrong time... i'm not properly equipped for Ferrari ownership right now - even if i pinch every penny.

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sam and Marnix, count yourselves in...! Rides for EVERYONE...!!! Including RakJoe... :)

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    TRDFM is right, but that's just what i've heard; i have no actual, factual proof... There are pictures of Pharrell Williams with a black Enzo, but there hasn't been any proof that it's actually 134282... i'm 99.999999% sure it's 134282, but not 100%... :)

18. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.

No Carbon, you got it all wrong buddy, you don't save money to buy an Enzo that will be an awfull waste of time. You have only so many hours you can trade for dollars, it ain't gona work.
    Jump the fence from the Fans side, the tifosi to the "Enzo owner in the making" side. Owning stupid donkey marchendise only defines you as a notorious "fan" rather than a cut throat mofo shark that sweems in circles looking for blood, 'nother words join the ranks of the *******s who owns the Enzos and use them as old furnitures in their Hangars/garages.
    Once your mind is set up right the Enzo becomes insignificant, a mare red line in the payble account, a blip in your life, get it and get over with it.

19. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #144 Sfumato, Aug 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    See, I don't post much therfore I need to make my point short, sharp and clear. I'm anything but condescending, however in this subject my massage does comes across that way. I don't **** around, I do mean every word and know for fact that you listening. If I got your attention by now consider yourself blessed.
    I love the "Zero to Hero" threads, it's inspiring in so many ways.

21. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Let him have his fun.

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So what are you saying...? Are you saying i should quit my job and go be a stock broker or something...? i love my job... Do you have any idea how many people envy me solely because i'm "ONLY" 26 and i found something i LOVE to do...? Do you know how many people would kill to be in my shoes, Ferrari owners included...?

Okay, here's where i see clearly... All this time i thought you were serious, but the above paragraph tells me you were just being sarcastic the whole time... Sorry for the confusion...

Getting a Ferrari to "get it over with" is the wrong idea... If that's what you're about, fine, more power to you, but that's not what i'm about... A Ferrari will be part of the ultimate success i can achieve for myself... i don't want one just so i can say i have one... i want one because i WANT ONE...!!! i NEED one... so badly... You're looking at this whole thing from a poser's perspective; you need to hop back over to the other side of the fence; your clothes are drenched in blood.

23. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not entirely.. I'm pretty sure he's closer to affording an Enzo than you are. :)

Carb, RakJoe is being a little harsh in his point, but it's still valid. The above paragraph demonstrates a self-fulfilling, self-defeating prophecy that doesn't conclude with you owning the car or being as successful as you'd like.

Enzo owners (generally) do not work for anyone else, they do not scrimp and save, and they do not hope for a magic circumstance that enables them to follow their dreams. They make their own path and set the bar higher, risks and circumstance be damned.. 'Poor me' doesn't really cross their minds.

Believe it or not, YOU are a marketable product and could be as well-known to the rest of the auto industry as you are on this board, continue making birthday cakes for cars and make 100x the money that you do now. It just depends on if you want to make the leap and follow a different route.

-Chris

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    But i'm happy... Sure i could make more money if i went back to college and got a degree in something formal and suited up everyday and went to downtown Manhattan and brokered commodities or whatever all day... But i'm happy... Do you know what a bad day for me consists of...? When i have one, i'll tell you... If i stayed in NY, i could've had an insurance license by now, peddling life and health policies everywhere i go; but that didn't make me happy...

25. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    OMG what a relieve!! I'd pictured Carbon jumping out of a cake naked! :D