Merged: New Ferrari FXX (ENZO GT) official pictures | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Merged: New Ferrari FXX (ENZO GT) official pictures

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by RAM_anderson, Jun 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    alan, I was thnking the same thing!!!! then again, ur talking about 50 extra cars between the maser and this one so..not so bad. besides, half those owners at least will be buying this one as well! one for track, one for street, not so bad!

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I wonder if they are leaving any money on the table at that price...

3. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    I JUST FELL OF MY CHAIR!

4. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    #29 alx355gt, Jun 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    $5 says there is a user name change in his future. But odds go back to even if this thing is available in black...

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Why should resale price even come into the equation? Ferrari is in business to make money. Period.

There shouldn't be any problem trying to get 20 additional people to step up to the plate to buy this car.

More power to them. Forza Ferrari!

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Looks a little better than the original

Still looks like it escaped from the set of a Godzilla movie

"Only the FXX can save Tokyo now from Godzilla's attack Run for your lives, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!! " LOL

Whats with that ricey stripe ?

If I really wanted a rice rocket I could get a better looking 1 for a lot less $

8. PrancingHorse

PrancingHorse Rookie

Jun 15, 2005
    Just imagine what Ferrari is going to show with the F60... the FXX has 127 bhp/L!!!

9. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

It's brilliant business and it makes perfect sense.

Consider Ferrari's quandry. The stock Enzo is selling for twice the MSRP on the open market but Ferrari have legally agreed not to produce any more Enzo's. Add to that an upcoming IPO.

Consider these further factors: The 430 is sold out both coupe and spider at a 10%-20% premium over the 360, the 612 is doing well at nearly $270K, the 575 GTC is selling better than any other 575 and it costs $20K more, and the 600 will also be a stunner for probably 10-30% more than the 575.

Clearly, Ferrari realises that they underestimated the demand for their products and what the market will bare.

BUT.....Ferrari's placed a ceiling on production, China and Russia included. Even if the 600 sells out for the duration of its run, which is doubtful, you still have untapped market potential but you can't sell more cars.

What do you do? How do you take advantage of these opportunities?

You give an even more exclusive, inrivaled, unparalleled and ultra-expensive option to you most well-heeled and devoted clients. You let them be the test-drivers for the next hyper-car. If the article is correct they're not selling more Enzo's, they're selling the right to test-drive the car you will eventually buy four or five years later.

It's absolutely brilliant strategy, gents, the looks of the car notwithstanding.

Bravo Ferrari!

Forza,

Cavallini

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Interesting approach. "We are developing a new car. We want rich guys to pay $1.5mm each to fund our research. If you pay and we like you, you will be on the "development team," meaning we will drive the crap out of your car when you're not in Italy and you will have little to no say in matters. You will just be able to go to Concourso Italiano and Forza and say you were on the development team of a Ferrari car."

Maybe something more appealing would be to have something more like the Trofeo Maserati series (where you pay the fees and the factory does all of the prep and pit crew stuff, just "arrive and drive"), or an FXX Challenge series.

11. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I can't believe this kind of strategy doesn't get anyone's blood boiling among Enzo owners. "oh, so you have the basic Enzo? One of 400 ..."

I originally didn't like the Enzo styling. The MC12 got worse (yet desirable) ... and now the FXX is worse than the MC12.

Perhaps they'll start hiring good designers. And dump the marketing guys. At some point.

12. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Do both until you run out of customers...

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  14. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    #39 ChalStrad, Jun 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    That thing is f'ing HOT!!!!!!

16. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    It looks like a cross between a F40 and an Enzo. I'm sure the final car will not look like this at all. It's entirely a racer at this point, even more so than the MC12.

Forza,

Cavallini

17. henryhk

henryhk Karting

May 3, 2004
    Hong Kong, Tuen Mun
    Full Name:
    Henry Tsang
    This is amazing.

18. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    A racecar with no place to race. Why?

I am amazed there are actually that many wankers out there who will pay $1.5M+ for a racecar that has no series in which to race. You could run several full competitive seasons including the car, engines, tires, crew, EVERYTHING in the ALMS with a Porsche GT3 Cup car for less than that!

You could purchase a LeMans prototype for less than that and go REAL racing.

"Ferrari Test and Development Driver" What crap. Pure marketing genius however! The guys who will buy these wont be good enough drivers to be capable of gathering meaningful data! If they were.... they would be racing for real and thus they would not be buying a toy instead of a real racecar!

Why doesnt Ferrari build a real prototype car for the ALMS? Then do a street car version of it.... Like Porsche did in the late 1990s with the GT1. Ferrari could do that, sell even more cars, win LeMans for the first time in 40 years and REALLY look good on the world stage.

Instead they build this ugly rich poseurs car. Yuck.

Terry

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  20. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    For someone who's not particularly fond of the Enzo, I find it looks pretty nice. And indeed, no shortage of people ready to pony up the dough to own/ride/race one of these things.

21. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    I THINK IT WOULD LOOK BETTER WITH CS WHEELS.

22. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    give me 1, looks ok but............................................

23. JOHNCJ8989

JOHNCJ8989 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    John
  24. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Am i the only one who doesnt like it? The wing looks retarded. But otherwise i guess its fine.

25. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Thats exactly my point, they know they will sell, so they make them, not fair to those who bought their cars with the knowledge that they were limited to 399.Yes of course its a small number and just a mute point, after all your average customer probably has 10 or more exotics in his stable, and doesnt care to much about the point im making, so yeah in the end so what, but i still have a nasty feeling about it.