Merged: Panamera, four door Porsche | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Merged: Panamera, four door Porsche

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by UroTrash, Jul 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

2. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

What would you consider suitable interiors? The iDrive is terrible.

3. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I love what Porsche is doing. They still have the icon sports cars, though I think they need to "re-define" the 911 from its lower-level entrys. They are becoming the new Mercedes-Benz, what "rich" people will drive, and not just people want to look rich. That is, if they do it right with the new lines.

They aren't "killing" the values of a Porsche, which is expensive ($42,000 for a Cayenne is still alot of money), has the Porsche "look", and is a sporty, exciting ride. I just hope they don't grow too big, too fast. They are introducing the Cayman and the Panamera along with a Hybrid Cayenne

Is the Cayenne a good SUV? Does it compete with the X3/X5, Mercedes offerings and Lexus' offerings? Does it compare with the brother from VW shared development with? With the next model comes out, do you expect Porsche to re-tune it away from that platform and to a in-house evolution?

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    The interior on my old 964 would work.

5. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Whats up with that rear? the front and everything else looks great about the car, but the rear looks terrible. It like curves up? what the hell?

6. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Yeah, I agree. I lost my respect for Porsche when they put out an SUV, now this? It makes me hate them even more.

7. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Given how Porsche operates they will most likely use the engines from the Cayenne.

8. ferrari2005

ferrari2005 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2005
    columbus ohio
    You know it really doesn't matter if porsche builds a pickup truck,a minivan,a tracter,a four door gt car because you know they'll kick everyone's butt no matter what they build.

look at the panamara's main competion the m5 bmw and the e55 mercedes and the maserati quatrroporte:

M5 507 HP/4050 LBS 4.6 0-60/12.6 1/4 MILE
    E55 AMG 469 HP/4237 LBS 4.3 0-60/12.4 1/4 MILE
    MASERATI 400 HP/4255 LBS 5.2 0-60/13.0 1/4 MILE (EST)

THEN YOU ADD PORSCHE INTO THE MIX
    PORSCHE CAYENNE WITH THE SAME ENGINES

CAYENNE TURBO 450 HP/5200 LBS 5.0 0-60/13.5 1/4 MILE

SO IF THE PANAMARA HAS 500 HP AND WEIGHS 1600 POUNDS LESS THAN THE CAYENNE TURBO WITH THE SAME ENGINE THAN YOU WILL HAVE ABOUT THE SAME POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO OF A DODGE VIPER

VIPER 500 HP/3400 LBS 3.9 0-60/11.7 1/4 MILE

I THINK THE PANAMARA'S SPECS WILL LOOK LIKE THIS

PANAMARA TURBO 500 HP/3600 LBS 4.0 0-60/12.0 1/4 MILE

(I THINK THE PANAMARA WILL WEIGH ABOUT 3600 POUNDS BECAUSE THE CAYENNE TURBO V8 ONLY WEIGHS ABOUT 100 POUNDS MORE THAN THE FLAT-6-THAN ADD 500 POUNDS TO EXTEND THE BODY,ADD DOORS,ADD A BACK SEAT,AND ADD A SMALL STORAGE COMPARTMENT)

SO I REALLY THINK THAT PORSCHE WILL COME OUT AND EMBARRASS BMW AND MERCEDES LIKE THERE GOOD AT DOING-HELL ALL YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO DO TO THE PANAMARA TURBO IS ADD AN EXHAUST AND A COMPUTER UPGRADE AND YOU'LL BE RUNNING WITH 911 TURBO'S,FERRARI 360/F430'S,LAMBORGHINI'S ETC-I THINK THE PANAMARA WILL DO JUST FINE.

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Since they have already made a 2 door(356/911/Boxster), a 3 door(924/944/968) and a 5 door(SUV), why not a 4 door?

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

well,

it seems to look better than the 612 and the qp but i too am saddened by porsche and the direction they have been going. the days of the venerable 930 turbo are long gone and porsche belongs not to racers anymore but the bling crowd and soccer moms. very sad...is nothing sacred anymore?

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Nothing ever was.

12. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    What do you think Porsche's decision on this, as well as the evolution of the company as a full-range "upper-luxury" ($40,000 and up) sport automobile maker will do to competition at BMW, Mercedes-Benz, cadillac,Audi and Lexus (though they don't compete as much in that price range), Jaguar and whatever else. Jaguar has already ended production on the cheapest model they have, and seem aimed to move upscale to challenge Porsche's target market? Will Porsche become the "new" Mercedes? Will this car be a winter car?

13. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    It may not be right, but I think it loks pretty good.

14. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Obviously you don't make it out to the track very often. The new stuff is all over the place. Even the old die hards are buying the ungodly water cooled cars, and the new Cayman is already rumored to be a superior track platform than the venerable 911.

<gasp>

Keep your 930 turbo. I will wave when I lap you in my Cayman S. lol

;)

15. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Is that because they still dominate the 360 in road/endurance racing with a car with 2 fewer cylinders, and which costs boatloads less money? :) lol

Nah, it must be the SUV.

16. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

I wouldn't worry about the 911, I'm sure Porsche will make the next introduction of the 911 superior to the Cayman.

17. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    I agree that will take place in the short term, but mid-to-long term...I wouldn't be surprised to see the cayman become the real track star.

RUF is already planning a 425ish HP Cayman conversion. Talk about an awesome car...

18. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I do wonder why they release the 911 this year, with the Cayman coming out in two years with superior performance. They have to wait a few years for the 911 new model to be introduce.

19. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    The cayman is ****ing ugly, This doesnt look to bad from the front, and stuff. I will still always love the 911

20. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    In a straight line, and on the Ring with long straights where HP can really have its affect, the 911 is still faster.

The theory (since the car isn't even out yet) is that it MAY be faster on a curvy, technical track. You know, the FUN kind. :D

21. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    I dont mind getting this 4 Door Porsche when it comes out. It fits my daily needs. Its not too high like an SUV, I can my kids spill juice and snacks all over the floor, im sure it has good truck space, and its a Porsche!

Im not use to this design, but once it comes out im sure I will be a different experience in person. :)

22. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    My first impression of the rear (of the 4 door) is that it is hideous. Maybe I just saw a bad angle... lol The rest looked fine.

23. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Who cares if they make a 4-door or a SUV if they sell them and at the same time keep making great sports cars.
    Options are a GOOD thing. Not everyone has to be like you.

24. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    what will be the MSRP?

25. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark

Thats why you own a porsche. You dont get it.
    Who cares what porsche is doing. To each is his own.
    If I cared I would own a CGT.

MM