Merry Christmas | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Australia' started by RMV, Dec 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    to all on f-chat merry xmas and have a safe one, hope to see some out on the next meetings.

2. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.

Actually, I made a blue. I was on $50 a week not $5 p/h….. the facts got blurred in the translation. The uni qualified engineer who worked there was on $100 a week and the two directors were drawing $200 each. But that was 1969. In 1972, I was overseas and got a letter of my bro who was 2 years younger doing similar work to what I had done and he was on $100 a week…..ah, those halcyon days of inflation!

Take home of 195 and 110 rent wouldn’t have left you much to fuel a Fazza. Glad to see, like myself, you’ve also taken up bank robbing:)

Read and thoroughly enjoyed your thread on the 360 restoration. Your degree of anal retentiveness reminds me of a mate who has been building a Herreshoff Ketch for the past 14 years. It’s close but still isn’t finished. Whilst it will be great ocean going cruiser, it is also a work of art. The workmanship and attention to detail is phenomenal.

Thanks for sharing. If the opportunity arises, would love to check out the 360 in the flesh…..just a little fondle :)

3. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

The $195 per week job was my first as a trainee. The following year I qualified and started earning decent money. I worked 55-60+ hrs a week for a take home of just under $500 per week (I was 22yrs old). I thought that was the big time, so I went out and fully leased a 308 GTB (still own it today).
    It cost $45,000 and the lease was $1284.80 per month over 5yrs. That meant there was little money for anything else......... So I was addicted for life from a very early age.

You have to have a passion in life, doesn't really matter what it is. What's the point otherwise?

The 360 N-GT is in the showroom of Maranello Motorsports in Richmond. You can fondle her anytime you are down that way :) When you look at her, just think of all the adventures that car has had over it's life!

4. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Agree wholeheartedly!

Shall check her out next time I'm in the garden state....with lustful thoughts:)

5. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    That's pretty funny (and on the money!).

6. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
  7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia