Mesa Police Department Honor Guard - Gathering of Automobiles | FerrariChat

Mesa Police Department Honor Guard - Gathering of Automobiles

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by CMT, Dec 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    #1 CMT, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We are putting on a car gathering on January 30th at the Mesa Police Academy to raise funds for the Mesa Police Honor Guard. We will have Police vehicles on hand, food and product vendors and hope to attract a decent gathering of vehicles. This will be a fairly laid back event, no chain link fence placed around all the cars.

Due to the recent budget cuts, the Police Department has for the most part cut funding for the Honor Guard. The Honor Guard is a very important part of the Police Department, not only for Mesa, but for the surrounding cities as we also support them in their times of need for funerals and events. The money raised will go towards equipment and supplies, uniforms, travel (for funerals, training and the National Police Officers Memorial) and events/presentations.

The vehicle entry fee is $10 per car, with all proceeds going directly to the Mesa Police Honor Guard. Entry fee to be paid upon arrival at the event. Vehicle entries should arrive @ 9am for placement. The Mesa Explorers ( http://www.mesaaz.gov/Police/explorers/ ) will be helping with vehicle placement.

We will have a rather large space available to us, using the skid pad as our parking/venue location. (No, we don't get to play on the skid pad). The "We Fix Ugly Pools" people will be out with their event team, providing food & bouncy houses for the kids. The Mesa Honor Guard will present colors to kick off the event so be sure not to miss it!

Please help spread the word, this event is open to all cars/trucks and bikes.

The Mesa PD Honor Guard website should be up shortly with all the event info and maps.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you all out for a great event!

Tony T.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    is the public admission?

3. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    No charge for just being there. Only if you want to enter a vehicle.

4. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    do you have any csars lined up yet to come for sure?

5. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    The event was just posted this morning. As we do not have pre-registration, I really will not know what is going to show up until the day of. I am hopeful that some of the other guys here will support us.

I will most likely have the Noble out and maybe the '65 Lincoln.

Thanks and regards;
    Tony.

6. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'll try to make it.

7. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    My 348 will be there.:)

8. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    If you want to bring another car out I'd be happy to lend my feet and hands. Will pay admission and donation.

9. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Sorry to be a bit of a troll here, but I saw this and I have to ask why so many car guys (pretend to) support the police like this?

Is it just BS and ass kissing or it it really sincere? The cops never seem to return the favor, in my opinion.

10. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    What's wrong with supporting the local LEO? Not all officers are bad, I deal with my fare share of numb nuts from Mesa pd on a regular basis, but that won't deter me from supporting the cause. It's a Job that can change/end your life Any given day, for very little money. Show them some recognition.

11. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    ..yet there's plenty of washed up High School jocks and wannabe bullies to fill every slot. Maybe living in DC where the cops pull guns at snowball fights makes I'm jaded...nah. F' the police.

Support teachers. There's a thankless job.

12. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    How shall they return the favor? If you're breaking the law should they look the other way?
    This is a benefit to support the Honor Guard. The men and women that take their time to go to others funerals and honor a fallen brother or sister. Honor a person that has done something over and above, saved a life maybe. You're life maybe. Spend a 6 hour time span in the cold weather, standing in the same spot almost the entire time, to honor a fallen officer that they never even met. (Such as my wife did this morning)

The next time you need an officer, for what ever reason, I sure hope you don't complain when they may take a minute or two longer than you think they should to get there. Less money = less officers. Less officers = less protection. Less protection = less attention you are going to get when you need it.

Of all my "car guy" friends, not a single one of them "pretend" to support their local LEO. In fact, some of them are the local LEO. I'll tell you what, I'll pay your $10.00 entry fee myself. Bring your car out, enjoy the good times, eat the free food. This isn't about butt kissing a cop or trying to earn brownie points with the men and women in blue.

Tony

13. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.

I take back my offer, you're not worth my ten bucks.

14. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim

15. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #15 nerd, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
    Like sticking your tongue in light socket, eh? Not sure what you've done in your life to end-up so damn bitter about law enforcement, but the car communities in Arizona are softies (myself happily included) for supporting local charities for children, public safety officers and military. One of the largest organized local car shows in 2009 was to benefit the 100 Club supporting the families of fallen public safety officers. We're not looking for favors to be returned, just trying to support people who do jobs for which we are grateful.

Don't go away mad, just go away!

16. vintagemotorcars

BANNED

Apr 22, 2008
    Mesa Az.
    Full Name:
    KP
    Tony, I'm going to "pretend" I didn't read the trolls post so I keep my blood pressure under control. I mentioned the show to 3 or 4 of my friends and we will all be there.

17. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    Thank you. Your kindness will not go unnoticed. Maybe even have the favor returned. :)
    In some situations, "Karma" can be a wonderful thing.

Look forward to seeing you out there!!!

Tony.

18. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Tony,
    Looks like a terrific event for a good cause. Will spread the word!!!

19. Pit_Stop

Pit_Stop Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Tony, could I enter a show bike? Sounds like a great event.
    Marcus

20. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    Thanks Steve! All the help we can get is appreciated!

Marcus: Check your mail.

Thanks and regards;
    Tony.

21. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    How about we ignore the negative comments. Will try to be there and try to bring a few other guests, although they don't drive anything special. :)

22. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
  23. HUNT96

HUNT96 Karting

Apr 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Hunter
    Sounds like a great event, i will be there in the M6. See you there!

24. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    Hunter: E24 or E63?

25. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name: