Metal Fab. Shop recommendation needed | FerrariChat

Metal Fab. Shop recommendation needed

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by walnut, Jun 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm trying to find a metal fabrication shop that can make a couple of parts for a motorcycle project that I am working on. I'm near Baltimore, but honestly, not worried about location (that's what email and FedEx is for, right?)

I need to have one piece of steel tubing bent up to make a rear frame hoop.
    -40" of mild steel, 1" OD, 0.85" ID, three bends total but not in the same plane.

In addition to that, I want to get two pieces of steel water jetted or otherwise cut out
    -approximate 8" long and 6" high, 3/8" thick

My problem isn't finding a shop that CAN do it, its finding a shop that will do it for less than a couple of grand because of the extremely low qty. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

2. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Try Herr & Sacco Industrial. Manheim, PA https://www.viocitygroup.com/hs-industrial/. Ask for Chris Miller or Matt Dorsey. I worked there for 35 years. They can do the shape cutting on their lasers, no problem. The tube bending, you'll have to check, because it depends on how close together the bends are and orientation each to other. They will have 3/8" carbon steel plate in stock (or stainless or aluminum). They will have the tube in stock in 304ss or 316ss as 1" OD x .065" wall (.870"ID), because of the food grade welding they do. They will only have the size tube you want, if they have drop from a previous job.

walnut likes this.
  3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Spiess Fabrication - Isaac is a supurb welder and fabricator, he just finished my race car- Message me if you want his contact info--He is in Millersville, Md

walnut likes this.