Mexico 2019: Pre-race thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mexico 2019: Pre-race thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Hamilton concedes Mercedes have "no hope" of beating Ferrari in Mexico straights

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/698778/Hamilton_concedes_Mercedes_have_no_hope_of_beating_Ferrari_in_Mexico_straights/

Lewis Hamilton believes that it's going to be very difficult to challenge Ferrari in the straights at Mexico this weekend. The Brit could seal the title this weekend but he knows just how tough a challenge it will be for his team.

The straight-line speed of the Ferrari is causing Hamilton some concern, although he does have another three races after Mexico in which to win the drivers' championship.

2. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Ferrari is not a consequence, as he only needs to worry about where he places relative to his teammate.

A348W, daytona355 and DF1 like this.
  3. Mssr William....Ferrari has nothing to do with his championship hopes.......they can't overtake him even if he DNFs every race..........'only Bottas. Image Unavailable, Please Login

;)

edit: Sorry jc, 't'was so obvious I just jumped on the reply. 'Hadn't read your post.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Even with the title in sight, I am sure that Hamilton is more interested in winning than just finishing in the points.

5. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Right, that is why he has been deploying all his new and improved (re aggressive) tactics.;)

6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #33 william, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    I don't know about "new and improved"; it's just that the FIA moved the goalpost.
    Hamilton will probably be more forceful when the occasion presents itself, since it's OK now..

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/146712/hulkenberg-plight-shows-sad-driver-market-state

Hi Lance lol :) -- "Perez, who partnered Hulkenberg at Force India from 2014-16, said the German's plight reflected poorly on F1.

Asked by Autosport about how he would feel if Hulkenberg failed to stay on the grid, Perez said: "I would be very sad, because it just shows how sad Formula 1 is, that talent in the end, or results, don't count enough in the sport."

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That means a certain Elton fan here must remember him from when he was himself in his 30’s and watching early racing.... I think they used chariots back then though, as some fella with a beard got into trouble with the Italians. Hehehehehehehe

Nortonious and 375+ like this.
  11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I see ABC has the US coverage, presumably still the Sky feed. I wonder if there will be commercials.

12. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Global warming is fake. ;)

jmillard308 and daytona355 like this.
  13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    At the beginning of the season, Pirelli brought out five or six different compounds. So why is it, they only bring the same three to all the races?

14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    :D:D:D

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    My understanding is that there are six compounds, noted as C1 thru to C6. The compounds for the race are named as soft, medium and hard, but are a combination of C1 thru 6, so this week it may be C2, C3 and C4, while at another track, maybe C4, C5 and C6, but always named as a standard. I haven’t yet looked at the actual underlying compound designations for this weekend, but if you look at the FIA announcement, usually it tells you on there which actual compound of the six represent each of the three hardnesses in construction

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    im absolutely of the opinion that global warming is just man speeding up the worlds natural course of rejuvenation that it goes through every age, and that unless they shut down the less cautious part of the world, such as China and India, with their coal fired power and very iffy attitude towards emissions, then we in the developed world won’t make a blind bit of difference no matter what we try to achieve with recycling our coffee cups and driving ****ty little Prius and electric crap

jmillard308 and kes7u like this.
  17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Forget life experiences. Sometimes all I need to feel proud, young and interesting again is come to the F1 forum. Thanks fchat! ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    That would be the grid girls thread. It really wakes me up!

daytona355 likes this.
  19. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Do they even bring the tires without the stripes?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

daytona355 likes this.