Mexico Registry... | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Mexico Registry...

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Mexico074, Jul 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr. K.

Dr. K. Karting

Mar 23, 2011
    Think positive!

If not, call me.

2. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    #152 OFFtrack, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok, i will. Thanks for the offer.

Here is a closeup of the damage.
    Dr Doll, who is helping me with the overhaul, said it should be fixable
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
  4. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Fellow Mexico owners...

I was watching some of the Mexico videos on youtube.. I rember a question I wanted to
    ask that I don't think has been asked before.. On my car, I have the Vignale badges in
    front of the rear wheelwells. I do not have the bars under these badges.. Did all Mexico's
    come with the bars under the Vignale badges?

Thanks...

Mike

5. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    So far i have only seen the V with the seperate bar underneath.

Should be easy to get though. Fetched another pair at techno classica last year

6. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Yes, they are not necessarily difficult to get.. I have a set, but just was
    not sure whether or not to put them on..

Thanks...

Mike

7. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
  8. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    I have to agree about your comment of the interiors, esp. the dashboards.
    I recently decided to purchase a Mexico, instead of a Ghibli, because I missed having a trunk and a back seat since driving a 65 Corvette coupe for the last 4 years. I had initially looked at some Indys with their back seat and trunk lid as a candidate, but their dashboard looked terrible to me, esp. when compared to the Mexico and the Ghibli.
    I found a 67 Mexico a few months ago, stored for 29 years, intact but not yet running, that I purchased. Last night I discovered that the Indys I had seen were the pre 1971 early models, but that the dashboards in the later models are actually quite nice, similar to the Ghibli. Now I want to check out the Indys...

9. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    luvcoupes.....

Let's have some details and photos of your Mexico...

All us owners would be interested!!!!

Mike

10. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco

11. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Dear luvcoupes.....

Can I have the S/N of your car in order to add it in the database.
    Regards
    Wilde
    Maserati Mexico Registry

12. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    luvcoupes...

Thank you for the photos!! I always love seeing cars come out of a long
    term storage, it is so interesting.. It looks like you have some work ahead
    of you, but it also appears everything major is there ( a real plus)!!! Hopefully,
    the steering wheel center/horn button is with the car, these can be very expensive!

If I can be of any help, please do not hesitate to ask.. Your car is 112-100 and mine
    is 112-074, so they are not that far apart... I can always take pictures, if need be!

Is yours a 4.2L or a 4.7L?

Also be sure to keep us posted!!! You may want to create your own thread to
    report progress and ask questions, and keep the photos coming.. I will be certainly
    interested!!!

Mike

Mike

13. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
  14. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    Yep, very nice color, I'd be satisfied with it. Thanks for posting that car. Btw, what is the price?

15. dmj

dmj Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2012
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Full Name:
    Dino Milic-Jakovlic
    #166 dmj, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here I have two pics of an unknown Mexico, dating from 1972. Croatian owner, surname Petricevic, car was on Italian plates, as he lived mostly in Italy. Pics were taken at the travel back from skiing in Austria, that's the reason for the roof rack.

I don't know serial number, car was given in part exchange for a Khamsin around 1982. Story goes that an American Maserati collector wanted the best possible Mexico for his collection of classic Maseratis, and contacted Italian Maserati club. They guided him to this example and he finally convinced owner to sell it after finding him a suitable Khamsin. True or not, it should mean that car came in early 80s to USA, to a collection of Maserati road models. Any guesses of S/N and whereabouts of this particular car?

Dino

16. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    I don't know the S/N of the car but it's a late model (door handles, wheels etc...). S/N beetween AM112*746 and AM112*1048 !!!

By the way, I love these old pictures when they were new or tired used cars. Nice.

17. dmj

dmj Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2012
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Full Name:
    Dino Milic-Jakovlic
    I have to add a remark here: in first picture you see something misty (or I don't know what word to use in English) - it is salty sea water carried by strong wind. Picture was taken on Adriatic coast, in a small town called Karlobag, well known for strong winds.

The name of that particular wind? In Croatian bura, in Italian - bora! So another Maserati connection! :)

18. Dr. K.

Dr. K. Karting

Mar 23, 2011
    I own AM 112.854.

According to the Maserati factory files my car was silver with black interieur and Borrani wire wheels.
    It was sold on 9th of July 1970 to a company in Milano.

Can someone find out by the licence plate?

19. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    How can I tell if my 67 motor is a 4.2 or 4.7?

20. lussoman

lussoman Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    The 4.7 mexico engines and chassis numbers have a "/1" after the AM 112 on the serial number. The 4.2 cars have just a straight AM 112 and the unique chassis number.

Chris

21. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    Thanks!

22. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Luvcoupes, if you want to know more about your car, try to contact the mail on Enrico's page : Maserati Enthusiasts' Page

This is your car.

23. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    Wow, I just returned from Desert Concorso where i met some more enthusiastic and knowledgeable Maserati folks.
    And now I get this post, which I immediately followed up on, and within an hour I have a response from the former, former owner. Here is his reply to my inquiry about his history with 112/100:

Hi Phillip,

Nice to know the car is still around. The person that bought it said he was going to restore it, but don't know if he ever did. I bought the car from a tow yard in around 2002, here in Palm Springs, CA. The owner of the tow yard towed it in when it had a tire blowout and the owner never picked it up! It was all there, and pretty rust free, just sat for almost 30 years. The plates showed it was last registered in around 1973. I cleaned it up and sold it, but never tried to get it running and sold it for around $17K in around 02. Is the car restored and running now? Do you have any pictures?

Alex

So it appears my Mexico may have been off line for the past 41 years. The odometer reads 26,164 KM so this may be the true mileage…
    I will ask Alex more questions and post anything interesting.
    Thanks again for directing me to Enrico's site.

24. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France