MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND | Page 14 | FerrariChat

MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by REALMUSCLE1, Feb 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Is there anywhere we can get any more updates from the new owner?

2. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    The only updates I have are that it was most recently on display at the Atlanta International Auto Show for the entire week of the 2017 show. The local news and PBS both did specials on the car which they put on TV. I have not yet seen the PBS interview and video of the car that PBS made as I don't watch PBS very often. Now it is on display in the showroom at Adams Classic & Collector Cars in Buford, GA. The public is welcome to see it Mon-Fri every week!

3. BoxerCrazy

BoxerCrazy Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Charleston WV
    Full Name:
    Douglas A Hunt
    he was young there........RIP Bill Paxton , I was really impressed with your work in Training Day.........

4. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  5. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
  6. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    no price ??

7. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    As far as price, The Vice Fans will determine that! The last guy who put this car up for bid screwed up big time. Maybe this car will have a proper celebration now.

8. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    The true value of the car can only be determined by the market. Obviously there is no book value for a Testarossa "Miami Vice" edition.:)

The car is now listed in the latest issue of DuPont Registry Magazine as available for purchase via confidential offers to Adams Classic & Collector Cars in Buford, GA.

9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #334 F456M, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have one of the very first Wellcraft Scarab 38 KVs for sale. According to the guy that bought it in Clearwater FL in 1987, it was featured in three episodes of Miami Vice. There are at least two more nearly identical boats which have been in several more episodes. The main boat was by the owner said to have gåt offers in the region of 1 mill USD. I can sell this for a fraction of that price. It needs some work, but runs strong with rebuild 502EFI Mercs running through Bravo I XR drives. In the world of powerboats (ehich have earned my life bread for thirteen years, the 38 KV Vice boats are an icon in itself and was the boat that really boosted sales of powerboats after they were in most of the Miami Vice episodes. Shipping to the US is about 10k.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    we have here the boxer/tr/m thread, not a sales thread or a miami vice thread :( :( :(
    and also not a boat thread ! ! ! :(:(:(

and would be great if you could fill out your profile after more than 1000 posts

11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks for your positive attitude.

12. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Hey, someone needs to call to find out the asking price. Let's play the guessing game!

So 1.7 was too high...hmm. Why hasn't the Magnum Ferrari 308s really taken off? And the few MV cars. People have money. What gives? Take it to RM Pebble. I'd like to see that show. They may waive the fees. Why not? Make it a great week as you obviously have some very serious cars to take and have fun with while you are out there.

Adams Classic & Collector Cars: Inventory - Buford, GA

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #338 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I'll bite, I'm ADHD

Very cool boat, I'd see these on Lake Murray when growing up, along with the Formulas, Chris Cats, Panteras, Cigarettes, etc. Around the Miami Vice time, I had this 72 Sanger, unknown to me someone took a pic for this magazine. One day after a full case of beer I lost my earplugs, and ruined my ears. They ring to this day, and really wish I had been wiser....alive today as I wised up and sold it. 850HP V-Drive flatbottom. Name of the boat? Purple Haze.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    His post didn't offend me in the least. Interesting and certainly no harm done.

15. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    +512. The response, on the other hand....

16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    right

but wrong thread

17. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Well I see the ask on the CGT is 1.5 mm so hey, 1.7 mm might be too low.

18. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Dude, lighten up. The name of this thread is:

MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND

Us 'Vice fans welcome the discussion.

19. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I hope your boat was in 'Vice episodes but chances are it very high that it was not. There are dozens of Ferrari Daytona Spyder replicas (made from C3 Corvettes) and boats where the previous owner claims that the car/boat was used on the show. Let face it....they weren't.
    If yours was the owner would have had paper documentation from Universal Studios etc.
    Did he provide you any proof?

20. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    There is no "asking price" at Adams Classic & Collector Cars for the Miami Vice Testarossa. The car WILL BE SOLD to highest confidential bidder and will likely be well under $1mm. The previous asking prices were ridiculous. The car will be sold for whatever the market determines it is actually worth. It is now published in the DuPont Registry Magazine in a 1/2 page ad in the Ferrari section. The selling price will remain confidential and will only be disclosed by the buyer if they so choose after the purchase. We however, will keep the selling price and buyer confidential for buyer privacy reasons. The car is a great piece of Ferrari and 1980s history and is on display in our showroom for anyone wishing to see it by appointment. We would like to see the car remain in the USA since it is a piece of USA history but we are willing to sell and ship it world wide.

21. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Are you setting an actual auction and bid deadline? I'm a bit confused over the format of sale.

22. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    We took out a 3 month ad in DuPont Registry and will sell it on or before that timeline expires. We simply listed the ad so that the world would know where the car is and that it is available for purchase. If someone makes an offer that seems fair, we could sell it any time. We welcome emails with offers, phone, or in person. We have received some competitive offers from around the world which we are currently considering but wanted to wait for the DuPont Registry ads to print to give people a chance to know it is out there and available. We have no formal format and will sell at our convenience. Anyone interested is encourage to make an offer before it is sold.

23. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    We have received many offers on the car and are close to accepting the highest confidential offer we have received. As of now, though we would like to see the car remain in the USA, the highest offer is currently from over seas. If anyone is interested in making an offer before the car is sold and gone from the country (far from Miami), please contact Adams Classic & Collector Cars ASAP @ 770-932-8252.

24. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    It certainly would be disappointing to see the car go overseas. Unfortunately, though, that is most likely where it will end up (although a TON of international deals seem to fall apart at the last minute).
    It's really dfficult to make an offer on this specific car. The sales price could end up being way lower or higher than what the typical buyer would expect to pay due to the lack of 'comps' or comparable sales (this is the reason that I did not bid on the car).
    The car last traded for $138K. Before it sold there were people that thought it was only worth $75K....some guessed that there would be a major fan out there willing to pay $400K. Obviously a VERY wide spread :)
    I'd love to own that car of course! The sale process is just too much like 'playing the lottery' for me though.

25. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    Well, the Miami Vice Ferrari has found its final home and will be going to Europe to a private collector. What a spectacular car and a great piece of 1980s history. We were happy to have the car in our showroom to share with so many visitors who came to see the car in person. This will likely be the last time the car is seen in America.