MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND | Page 5 | FerrariChat

MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by REALMUSCLE1, Feb 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Drum roll! Crash!

2. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #102 bernardo66, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. REALMUSCLE1

REALMUSCLE1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 5, 2013
    #103 REALMUSCLE1, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
    i will no longer answer , most of the things i have posted has been turned to negative . some of you are just JEALOUS . good bye

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Dude, we have MULTIPLE Ferraris, and then cars to drive when they break!

Abused, resprayed studio cars are like "who cares??"

Best of luck, on the 30K miles Service!

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I fixed it for you :D

6. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #106 lear60man, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
    Fixed.

This is unfortunate. Please reconsider as any potential buyer will Google 'Miami Vice Testarossa' and this thread appears on the first page of results. Many of us here wish you only the best in your venture.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    no, bye to you spammer *****.

8. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    He was a spammer?

9. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    has anyone run the vin through carfax or similar entities?

ZFSA17AXGOO63631 promts as an 86 TR with 14 records. I'm not really car shopping, so I'm not sure $40 out of my pocket for the sake of this thread is worth it yet.

10. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yes. He is the owner of an auto/boat/motorcycle/jetski pawn shop in Miami. Typical pump and dump tactic I have seen a hundred times before. Create interest and false hope followed by a good old Ebay auction.

11. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani

....the 'best' part of this thread was reading the above.

Interesting stuff as movie making is really magic to me. I know little of the entertainment industry.

Informative, thanks.

12. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Ahhh!

13. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    I can't believe the moderators would ban this guy. Yes, he's a little childish but where does it say you HAVE to post pics of your car OR the vin. The guy was slow to come around but he did post pics of the car and the plate on the bumper. He did post the vin in an earlier post....I ran the vin through carfax and found that the car was delivered new in Miami and never left Miami.

Thanks to the moderators enforcing made up rules because they are in the unique position of authority, we'll never know anything more about this car, it's history or owners....who ever it is. We'll never know if he actually owns the car or if he saw it, snapped a few pictures and then boarded the school bus behind it in the pictures.

Rob Lay...."Lighten up Fransis"!

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Please, we didn't get through 9 million posts and 110,000 users without knowing a few things. It was a commercial setup and he wasn't very friendly in the process either, you got taken, but we didn't.

15. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    There are obviously many thinly veiled "ads" around here from "from what's my 2000 mile 575 worth", to "I just came into this family car and don't know what to do with it" kinda stuff and its nice that this is moderated.
    On this subject I don't consider myself "taken" at all as I have doubts about the story myself. I also certainly understand a dealer/seller fishing for validation on a car he's trying to sell is against forum rules. However, given the subject matter (potentially the second MV TR) and while not compelling, but at least some supporting evidence, it would have been interesting to see a little leeway and see things play out a little.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    the thread is open and the OP already said he's been driven off by you guys, so why are you putting this on me? he's not going to post and obvious he was taking a commercial angle (not just innocent classified). everyone else is still open to figure this out, the only real information was going to come from the users anyway.

17. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    Maybe he is a fraud...or maybe he owns the car. His spelling and writing skills were awful and his child like behavior is inexcusable. My question is, where do you, as moderator, have the right to demand someone posts pictures and his Vin number and threaten to close the thread if he doesn’t comply?

I wasn't "taken", nor was I fooled. I, being a huge Miami Vice fan, a former Testarossa owner and a possible interested buyer, if the car is real, simply would like more information on the car.

You implied that I was “taken”….explain this… Did I buy the car? Did I say I believed him? No! So how was I “taken”

I think you lack professionalism!

18. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Rob has a right to use his discretion to determine who may potentially be using his website for promotional purposes implicitly or explicitly in violation of the TOA.

In this instance, if you look at both threads this guy started, his motives were highly suspect. Moreover, despite his protestations to the contrary, if you look at his posts, he never really sought any information from the forum members. He was merely stating and restating his position regarding the authenticity of this particular vehicle, to which his connection he intentionally obfuscated.

He also dropped hints that he would be willing to trade this vehicle and solicited offers in one of his posts.

All Rob did, in my view, was tell the OP, show your cards or shut up. If the OP was genuine, he could have provided the requested information or a reasonable explanation as to why he could not. He chose not to. Instead, he continued engaging in increasingly belligerent behavior, which only raised more red flags, before telling everyone here collectively to shove it and that he was taking his toys and going home.

Rob never closed this thread and the serial number is available. We have more sleuths on this board than in the NSA :D

I am sure that those who are interested in investigating this claim further can do so, and some may even elect to contact the OP privately (though they do so at their own peril).

In any event, I fail to see how Rob acted inappropriately here.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    JoeZaff just said it better than I can again. maybe you are sympathetic as your posting certainly shares similar characteristics. your like doesn't last long on FerrariChat and the major reason we're so active and most consider us one of the best moderated of any automotive forum.

20. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

#120 Drive550PFB, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I believe you were seduced. The fact that you want more information suggests that he was drawing you in to his scheme.

You want to make millions? Send this guy $100K. He will lease a SBLC for you, and will put it in a trade program. In 40 banking days, you will have $50 million. He even has a gold sword to protect your profits. He is a Templar Knight. He is "His Royal Highness" Robert Fowler.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
  22. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    "your like doesn't last long on FerrariChat".... I've been here since April of 06. What's your idea of a long time?

What a joke!

23. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    Why settle for millions? :)

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    107 posts in 7 years and you might have the highest % of malcontent out of any users = quality. ;) you don't get the keys to the Non-Subscribed Magnum P.I. 308 when your turn. :eek:

25. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Well, if $50 million is not enough, you can "roll" your $50 million into another trade program and iin 40 banking weeks, you make 1 Billion.

Seriously, that is his claim.

But, he has a sword!