Michael Masi gets fired/replaced? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Michael Masi gets fired/replaced?

Discussion in 'F1' started by surfwolf, Dec 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Extremely untrue. I advice you step out of Fchat when you get a chance.

surfwolf and ricksb like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    What if someone crashed on the last lap?

3. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #403 ingegnere, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    Er, you mean articles written by the pro-HAM British press that get regurgitated in the English language press echo chamber.

I can guarantee that if that was a Ferrari driver in HAM’s position and HAM in Max’s place and things played out as they you’d hear not a peep from the Brit press. Just like 1990 when Senna in the McLaren torpedoed Ferrari driver Prost at the start of the title-deciding race in Japan. Not a peep.

In summary, Max is champion. Period. Take Damon Hill’s advice—get over it!

https://racingnews365.com/hill-urges-hamilton-fans-get-over-it

stavura, Kimi2007, mcimino and 5 others like this.
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Wow. When Damon Hill is telling you to get a pair, you know it’s a sad state.

stavura, Kimi2007, gh0st0 and 7 others like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Thanks dude but I don’t need your advice (proper use of the word, BTW). Luckily for me I can read and write in 3 languages which is about 3 more than you, LOL, so have plenty of options to get my info.

mcimino, Bas and jpalmito like this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    It wasn’t.

mcimino and Bas like this.
  7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #407 ricksb, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    not just the British press…the reality is that the final was a siht-show, like it or not. Your comment regarding Max is a straw man.,,show me where I’ve suggested he isn’t WDC. We’re on two different planes…you’re arguing Max won the title. I’m arguing that Masi is a screw up. Both things could be true, perhaps?

The thread IS about Masi being fired though. I think my posts rightfully are written regarding that. I didn’t see a subtitle asking “did Max really win the championship?” If so, I didn’t address that as I don’t consider it an issue.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

gsfent, kraftwerk, ktu and 3 others like this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This must be the only video in existence where Damon couldn't squeeze in a reference to Schumacher.

crinoid, F2003-GA and SimCity3 like this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A fact ignored/forgotten (despite constant reminders) by those arguing otherwise.

crinoid likes this.
  11. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Green flag conditions, when possible. Not to break a rule.

And that was not set specifically for this race. It was set months before as a general guideline to work towards. What happened at Abu Dhabi was much more extreme.

gsfent, william and surfwolf like this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yeah erm, no. That doesn't fly with me, sorry.

If all teams collectively agreed with the FIA to finish a race under green conditions "when possible", I would fully put in the understanding that "exceptions" would be made so long as it's safe in order to do just that. The track was safe. Why would they agree to such a rule otherwise? It's not as if just because it's near the end of the race the race director would keep the SC out "because the race is over in a lap or 2 anyways". That doesn't make any sense.

kes7u, F2003-GA and jpalmito like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

A lot of Lewis fans can’t just accept two things:
    1/ for once he was unlucky.
    2/ Mercedes was wrong in its strategy at the most crucial moment.
    Do not look elsewhere ..

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    FIA would like to thank Mr Masi for all he has done ......we wish him well in his future endeavours ......

16. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    So where is this green flag rule in the regulations?

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Utterly irrelevant. If teams and the FIA collectively agree to do something, or make exemptions, they do just that.

It's a bit like the 107% rule. How many times has that been circumvented because the teams collectively decided it was ok?

375+, F2003-GA and ingegnere like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Only 3 languages? Thats below average. Why did you embarrass yourself in front of us?

surfwolf likes this.
  19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Thanks for proving my point: English language press echo-chamber and picked up by completely uninformed, non-F1 woke press pushing their agenda of the oppressed—in this case a millionaire that was allowed to win 7 times—being done in by “the man”.

375+ and F2003-GA like this.
  20. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well by that measure one must assume MV's die hard fans believe Masi did nothing wrong.

In which I'd say is a totally incorrect assumption.

This is not about Max as in whether he is a worthy WDC or not, it's about the huge screw up Masi made in the final race, and other dubious calls made throughout the season.

IMO Masi has put the FIA in a untenable position that cannot be defended successfully against criticism or attack, at present replacing him seems the only option.

gsfent, ricksb, surfwolf and 2 others like this.
  21. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    If Masi get sacked, Red Bull should hire him as a non-executive chairman. :D

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Not a die hard Max fan and obviously Masi did nothing wrong per the rules (except in the minds of disappointed HAM fans and acolytes) and this is evidenced by the fact that the results stand and the the Merc protest was withdrawn because not likely to succeed.

Where’s all the indignation and what was the fallout of the these “other dubious calls” made by Masi (not the stewards)? I say nothing because a certain whining (whinging?) 7-times champ was not affected by those other calls. The Spa decision to award points for a non-race was celebrated by the Brit press because of the “great result” for Russell and Williams as well as ruing the loss of a potential win for Norris if he’d kept it in the track during qualifying. Where was the indignation about that call? Where was CNN and Trevor Noah?

“Untenable”, the word the English press echo chamber is trying to attach to Masi in his role as Race Director.

kes7u, jpalmito and F2003-GA like this.
  23. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    So why have any rules at all?

Masi would have stayed within the rules if he stood by his original call for no cars to unlap. That call would have honored the agreement for green flag conditions. We'd have a lap of racing, winner takes all.

So, why didn't he? Let's have an honest answer.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Why aren't the Max' fanboys brigade happy their hero has just won his first WDC title?

What are they trying to prove now? Do they want as well to become Masi's fanboys?

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Here you go again trying to get with this ''why are they not happy'' rhetoric. We very much are happy. We're just annoyed with the comments from your neck of the woods who keep shouting Max isn't the right champion and that he's only champion because Masi made it so. If we don't say anything, you lot will actually believe you're right.