Michelin OE-specific Variants (K1, K2 etc.) | FerrariChat

Michelin OE-specific Variants (K1, K2 etc.)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Darkshear, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    #1 Darkshear, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    It's time to buy tires again for the FF and discounttiredirect.com has a 10% promo through 7/6, plus Michelin has a $150 mail-in rebate, and Discover Card is doing 5% cash back on PayPal, making a set of PS 4S' cost $1,096.59 to my door. Can't beat that! :D So looking at PS 4S', I had a hard time understanding the N0 (base variant) vs. the OE-specific K1 and K2 Ferrari variants. I ran across this neat deep dive in to tire technology and page 33 starts to touch on that. I'm not suggesting any variant is wrong/right, but I wanted to keep it consistent and as it turns out the Ferrari variants definitely do have slightly different geometry.

Anyway, neat read for anyone that's interested.

https://www.pca.org/sites/default/files/Michelin-Tire-Technology-Steve-Calder-TTW-2018.pdf

2. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Pretty sure N0 is a Porsche spec variant, at least that's what I have on my daily. I believe the marked variants meet a testing criteria of the various marque.
    I have PS4S on my 360 and they aren't marked, but are a great tire. Much better than the Pzero's that they replaced

Darkshear likes this.
  3. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    You're right on N0 being Porsche; I missed that.

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    W hen I was shopping for Michelin PS tires earlier this year,there were three versions of the same size for different cars. Someone at Michelin told me that the only difference is the mount of tread depth ( 8/32",9/32",and 10/32"). Same tread design,same tread compound,etc. Go to Michelin's website and see what the full specs are for the tires you are looking at.

5. Darkshear

Darkshear Karting

Mar 31, 2019
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Kalon Dillon
    #5 Darkshear, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020