Michelin Pilot Sport 4s | FerrariChat

Michelin Pilot Sport 4s

Discussion in '360/430' started by michaelo, Nov 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    It's time for new tires on my 430.
    I have P Zero's on it now.
    Anyone recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s?
    They seem to get good reviews.
    I don't track my car so I am looking for the best tire for the street.
    Thanks.

2. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Not just reviews, a lot of pple have tried it and swear by it. Best street tires period, wear a lot longer on the track vs p zeros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    I'm happy with my set, though on an Audi Avant.
    If they are the correct size, buy with confidence.

4. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Thanks for the info, fellas.

5. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    PS4s are excellent

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I love them on my 430

7. gaxor

gaxor Rookie

Jul 19, 2017
    Surrey - UK
    Fitted to my F430 Spider last week. Absolutely transformed the car!! Grips like anything, and I am in wet and drizzly UK

8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I installed the Michelin PS4's on my 2006 F430 Spider a month ago now and I love them. Very sticky and quiet.

Highly recommended.

Dan

9. skip737

skip737 Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Lodi, New York
    Full Name:
    WJH
    I have them on my 2003 BMW M3. They replaced Pilot Super Sports. Great so far. Lots of grip and great in the rain. I will put them on my 16M when the Pilot Super Sports wear out. I will up the fronts to 245s to replace the 235s on now. I need a little more front grip to have less understeer.

10. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I have them on my 430 and they've been absolutely stellar for the last 600+ miles. Grip is as fantastic, dry and wet, as you'd expect. I went with the OEM sizes and wheel well clearances are just right. Highly recommended.

11. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Got mine at Discount Tire last month. Love them.

12. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Im in for a set of 4. Had these on audi s5 and they grip and corner very well. Would going up to 245/35 and 295/30 on stock 19s?

13. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    from a friend comparing 4's and RE-71s at AX

Just wanted to note for the record that this past Sunday, when I had the #3 Top Time of Day, I was using Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I think that just about everybody else in the top 10 times was on either Bridgestone RE-71R or Hoosier R7 tires.

This was the third time I've autoXed on these tires -- the last two points events, and the instructor runs at the PDS.

I'm not going to tell you that the Pilot Sport 4S is better than the RE-71R. It's not, if you're comparing new tires vs. new tires.

But having driven both in anger now, I'm going to say that Pilot Sport 4S tires on their third event are probably as good as RE-71R tires on their third event. And examining the tires after three autocross days, they look absolutely amazing. Plenty of tread left, no strange wear patterns, no chunking, nothing worrisome at all.

Basically, for a 300 treadwear tire, these things are AMAZING.

14. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I just put 4S’s on my Aston and they’re awesome. Great looking tire as well.

FFJayk likes this.
  15. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Just put 4S on my FF. Stock pirelli was in it. I’m REALLY liking the 4S. The car drives significantly better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatheheck likes this.
  16. F430Rod

F430Rod Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2007
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Nice two cars. I have a 2001 M3 and a 2005 F430. :D

whatheheck likes this.
  17. F430_Mikli

F430_Mikli Rookie

Jul 17, 2017
    Vancouver Canada
    I’m using the new PS4S since the summer and after a Porsche tires comparison event. Hands down best summer street tires.

whatheheck likes this.
  18. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    I bought my Michelins from Tire Rack and had them shipped to a tire place to have them mounted. Tires were less than $900, and mounting at a good tire place was $137. So far I love them.

whatheheck likes this.
  19. CChung

CChung Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern California
    I just purchased the Michelin Pilot 4S also from Tire Rack along with new TPMS sensors since one of the sensors went bad. It was time to change my tires on my 430 as I'm the original owner, so they were over 9 years old but still had a lot of tread left. Wow, what a difference new tires make versus 9 year old tires! The car fells a lot more stable and planted than the floaty feeling I was getting with the old, original tires. It's so much more of a joy to drive now that I postponed putting my car up for sale for now!

whatheheck likes this.
  20. klointheridge

klointheridge Karting

Jun 5, 2017
    Westchester Cty, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Long
    Just put the 4S on my 07 430...transformed my far from the stock Pirellis. Couldn’t be happier.

21. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Michael, my 2004 575M came fitted with Pirelli P-Zeros. A bit under two years ago with 13,000 miles and plenty of tread left I decided that time was the enemy of those tires and a threat to my well-being. After research I overcame my predilection in favor of Pirelli - I was for almost thirty years the guardian of the one-off 365GTC speciale built by Enzo for his friend, Leopoldo Pirelli, Chairman and CEO of his eponymous Company. I fitted the Michelin Pilot Sports. As I also don't track this car, other than fun 'parade' laps at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock, I've found them to perform flawlessly.

whatheheck likes this.
  22. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Seth, thanks for the info. I ordered and received a set of Pilot Sport P4's and I am having them mounted on Wednesday. I have learned to accept the
    rather harsh ride of the Pirelli's on my 430. But after reading all of the posts it seems that the ride will be considerably smoother with the Michelins. I can't wait to get them on.

whatheheck likes this.
  23. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Well, I had the Pilot Sport P4's installed on my 430 today and all I have to say is that after the first few hundred feet I felt like
    I was riding in a car with a different suspension. The old Pirelli's were definitely fatigued and I can't believe that I tolerated the
    ultra harsh ride for so long. I was accepting this condition as a somewhat normal for a car like this, but I am glad to have changed
    out the tires. I was considering getting rid of the car thinking that maybe I was getting too old for such an uncomfortable experience.
    I appreciate all the comments on the Michelin's. You were all absolutely correct. These are really nice tires and they are hardly broken in.

whatheheck likes this.
  24. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

I've put on about 500 miles now on my Michelin P4's and I can say these tires get better as you break them in.

Quiet, sticky and comfortable ride.
    Amazing.

Great job Michelin!

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

25. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Have heard PS4S are amazing. Would definitely be running a set if my wheels didn't come with a set of brand new TrofeoRs.

Definitely will get a set when these wear out!

whatheheck likes this.