Michelin Tires | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Michelin Tires

Discussion in '612/599' started by Schestc2, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    If you look carefully on the image I've sent, you will see a table with 4 x different Michelin MPSS 285/25ZR20's specs.

They all differ on things such as tread depth and with, weight, max. load etc.. Each of these specs has a code that tells us with which car maker Michelin worked in order to adapt those Michelins to their cars.

So, depending on each ones perspective, people can say these tires are all the same since they are all round. Or maybe, people can say these tires are different and developed for different purposes.

I don't know what you mean with the Kool-aid. Here where I live, we drink PORT!

Cheers

paulchua likes this.
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    dg- You really have no clue on tires so why not go back to the BMW forum where somebody might buy your BS? Clueless and arrogant. Perfect combination.

SVR, LARRYH, Makuono and 1 other person like this.
  3. derivativesguy

BANNED

Jul 18, 2017
    Sigh. This is why I drive and own two 599s, and you're still in a 575 Taz. Clueless and stupid.

Because of your reply, I am no longer taking requests to provide people with the individual sections out of ...MY... 599 GTB workshop manual. Those of you whom I haven't yet responded to by PM can thank your buddy Taz for that. The information is now closed. Get it from one of the other 42 people who requested the entire PDF from me and couldn't afford to go buy it themselves.

BMW indeed. Your 575 will be in the junkyard by the time it has any real mileage on it compared to the V12 BMW 850Ci's I used to own. The 599 is the only decent Ferrari they ever produced.

P.S. - This is the horse off my Ferrari Daytona from the 80s. Not my first rodeo.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I almost wasn't going to respond to you not because of your ignorance on this subject (heck I'm ignorant on many subjects) but because you are insulting myself other member here with your rude comments. Very curious behavior from someone with 17 posts and no Ferrari.

However, to help educate you, please read this article -

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1074269_a-close-look-at-the-ferrari-f12-berlinettas-michelin-tires

LARRYH likes this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    OK, so that we don't listen to a fool on this forum, please tell us where you are getting your "facts" on this subject.

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

derivativesguy.

There's no reason for the level of hostility you're showing here. I get it, you're smart, the rest of the guys posting here are not. All the more reason for you to be kind and understanding towards them, not aggressive and insulting.

Permanent ban from this thread. 3 day ban from the site.

Come on back and try to share some kindness instead of spewing venom.

D

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

As to the rest of you guys. Since he's permanently banned from the thread, please refrain from further comments sent his way.

D

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    If anybody needs a 599 WSM, will be glad to help. Have the GTO one, too.

9. Schestc2

Schestc2 Karting

Sep 20, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    ....sorry to say but my thread was just about finding MSSP in the original size for a 612 (which are not 20’s, only optional), which Michelin obviously is not producing anymore for Europe. I couldn’t care less about if its K1, K2 or K3, as I also believe its mainly marketing....

amy help is appreciated.

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks Makuono, I never knew about this - very interesting! I found this cool article too. Thanks for the well-written primer and education, I've often wondered this about this exact subject!

Kind regards.

Makuono likes this.
  11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    this guy is a complete ******* everyone! pay him no attention, his name is Steve Kaiser.

LARRYH likes this.
  12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    also banned 2015 as Woody username fX Trader.

LARRYH likes this.
  13. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    Sorry for highjacking this thread but truth had to speak about K specs...
    I still would be interested to know what choice you will make for your 19 inch
    Thanks

14. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Taz, thanks for your posts here and elsewhere. I think you are the most informed guy on this site. I have found a number of your posts very useful, whether they are regarding Michelin tires, exhaust system tweaks or otherwise. (Sorry for getting off topic but i think this needs to be said.)

Best,

Ron

LARRYH likes this.
  15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ron- Most of us here try to be helpful. Only a few, not so much.

steven t evans and LARRYH like this.
  16. Schestc2

Schestc2 Karting

Sep 20, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    I spoke to Ferrari last week, and even they didn‘t know that Michelin has discontinued delivery of that size to Europe. Their recomendation after Michelin as No. 1 tire are the Pirelli Zero’s, but not the Corsa’s (too stiff). I will nevertheless contact Michelin directly and ask them for a solution, shipping from the US is not an option. Other brands such as Continental, Bridgestone etc. are clearly not an option either. So I might have to go back to Pirellis, hope they have improved ride quality over the last 8 years.

The behavior of some writers on this forum is surprising, and I don’t quite understand the reason behind it, really childish. This is a forum from Ferrari owners for Ferrari owners, and we should treat everybody with utmost respect, which fortunately 99.9% do.

Stefan

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    After I had posted two replies to the know-nothing poster, I realized Taz had too much class to report him. So I did a Louie DePalma and reported him.

(You have to be an old "Taxi" fan to understand that comment.)

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Stefan- Why is shipping from the US not an option?

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    For the fun of it a searched for Taxi episode with Ted Danson, and voila!

If you don't want to watch the whole 4:50, just skip to around 3:30.

20. Schestc2

Schestc2 Karting

Sep 20, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Hi Taz,

I checked it, cost a fortune. Will check with Michelin directly. Stefan

21. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    Hi Taz, possible to have a copy of the WSM? Looking for flywheel torque setting. Cheers,

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  23. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    Thank you so much Taz, email sent.

24. Schestc2

Schestc2 Karting

Sep 20, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    just to warm this up, still no Michelin PSS or Pilot 4s available for the Scal here in Europe, only Pilot 4, anybody tried those? I am mainly looking for a smooth ride yet with decent grip. I have two seaters for going really fast. Thanks, Stefan

25. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Stefan- I would look at Continentals before going with a lower spec Michelin and would not put the Pilot 4 on a Ferrari. 4S, of course, 4, no.