Mick Schumacher | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Mick Schumacher

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Aug 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Tackleberry likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It's kinda neat to witness all this and how it turned out: MS taught and motivated a very young Vettel. Now Seb passes the torch to MS' son. The circle completes.

Finlander, TifosiUSA, 635CSI and 8 others like this.
  4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    So many things about this are bittersweet.

Nortonious and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    56 laps for Mick Schumacher on his Ferrari and F1 debut

Sakhir, 2 April 2019 – It was a day to remember in Bahrain for Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow and all Formula 1 fans. Shortly after nine in the morning, Mick Schumacher, son of seven times world champion, Michael, had his first drive in a Formula 1 car, the Ferrari SF90.

The Ferrari Driver Academy (FDA) student, who made his Formula 2 debut over the weekend with the Prema team, jumped in the car for an installation lap, before pitting for the usual checks. A few minutes later, despite the track being extremely dirty following the sand storm that hit the area yesterday, Mick began his first run, putting together a series of laps at a constant pace.

The other newsworthy aspect of the day was the weather, with the occasional rain shower, hardly a usual feature in this part of the world, reducing the amount of track time in the morning for the teams. Before the lunch break, the young German had completed 33 laps, the quickest in 1’32”552. In the afternoon, Schumacher and the other drivers were only able to get back on track around 5pm, given that the rain was still falling in Sakhir.

Mick completed a further 23 laps, as he gradually gained confidence in the SF90, while working on a programme including tyre and set-up work. By the end of his first day in a Formula 1 car, the youngster had run up a total of 56 laps, equivalent to 303 kilometres, one lap less than Sunday’s race distance. His best time was a 1’29”976.

For the second and final day of the Sakhir test, Sebastian Vettel will be behind the wheel for Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow. Mick Schumacher will be in action yet again, switching to the cockpit of the Alfa Romeo Racing car.

Mick Schumacher #29

I really enjoyed today. It felt like home in the garage from the very first moment with a lot of people that know me since I was very young. The SF90 is incredible because of the power it has, but it is also smooth to drive, and that’s why I enjoyed myself so much. I was impressed by the braking power an F1 car has. It seemed to me you could brake later and later and the car would have made the turn anyway. I would like to say thank you Ferrari for this incredible opportunity and I’m looking forward to test the Alfa Romeo tomorrow.

stavura, daytona355, gt4me and 3 others like this.
  6. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    daytona355 likes this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Mick oozes his dads ability to convey confidence and ability in his words, to listen to him, you forget any thought of examining his times and trying to make hasty comparisons, you just feel that he has it all under control, and has no intention of rushing to be the greatest ever within one test (unlike a certain Max, who overdrove every time he got in the car in the early days, even at demonstration days on the street)

I can’t wait to see him quietly progress to the top table and express his talent, and maybe one day he will be rear gunner for Charles, and then team leader like his dad and blitz the lot of them. These days, however, it’s much more about the car, so Ferrari had better hone that thing and get the gremlins cleared up to be able to support the undoubted talent in Charles, and that which is obviously coming....M. Schumacher!

8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Oh boy. The expectation levels are going to be off the chart if he makes the F1 grid. I wish, with all my heart, that he makes it and goes on to become a wdc one day. That would be the stuff of movies.

Finlander, TifosiUSA, Bas and 3 others like this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    NürScud, stavura, Bas and 3 others like this.
  10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  11. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Mick could very well be in that seat next year.
    GEO certainly not having a good year so far
    A year working with Kimi then onto Maranello?

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Let him win a race in F2 first before we start given him the Ferrari seat.

2 points finishes so far for young mick, if he keeps improving and a couple of wins under his belt I can see him take GIO's seat. GIO remains erratic sadly, can be quick but lacks consistency and race craft.

ATBNM3, fil, Nortonious and 3 others like this.
  13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    No he should his own sweet time and not rush just because of a famous name.

daytona355 and Nortonious like this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

ATBNM3 and Nortonious like this.
  15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What's the title of that movie?

Hill - the sequel?
    Villeneuve - part deux?
    Rosberg - zum zweiten?

:p

ATBNM3 likes this.
  16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Maybe none as good as Pater, but all WDCs never the less

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I think that Nico is a more complete driver than Keke who was all about car control. Different times require a different approach I guess.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  18. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Keke was not that great of a driver in my opinion. I was very lucky in 82 to be champion. He was a consistent driver and probably had a better chance in 84 - 85 from a driving point of view. In 82 it should have been Pironi as Champion or Watson ... but Rosberg was there collecting points ... he only won one race that year.

Jean-Pierre Marchand, 375+ and Bas like this.
  19. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    A proud mother. Well done Mick!

daytona355 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  20. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    The kid has won one championship in the lower formula. Can explain to me what's all the hype about?

Flavio_C likes this.
  21. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    His last name. I agree its a bit ridiculous. However I hope he does well for his fathers sake.

Remy Zero and ATBNM3 like this.
  22. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Opportunities present themselves for various reasons. He has shown talent. He has impressed when given the opportunity. We'll see where it goes from here. In my opinion he's at least two years away from being an F1 driver.

tifosi12, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  23. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    when has he impressed? With his name and money behind him he should have taken more than one championship

Flavio_C likes this.
  24. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    I thought his name wasn't a factor?

Jakuzzi, stavura and daytona355 like this.